Huge man cave being built

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
Having a 60x26 man cave being built above my first story of home.. one end will consist of gaming area pool table etc.. middle will be more of a bar type lounge area and other end will be theatre projection area. It will mostly be used for music and and sports games but I'm wanting to get some ideas on layouts for audio being it's such a big area.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Having a 60x26 man cave being built above my first story of home.. one end will consist of gaming area pool table etc.. middle will be more of a bar type lounge area and other end will be theatre projection area. It will mostly be used for music and and sports games but I'm wanting to get some ideas on layouts for audio being it's such a big area.
Wow that's not a man cave that's a man palace! Congratulations!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As far as layouts go that's a tough one what's your budget? For the audio that is. Is it going to be a true theater style layout? Or more an open type concept that blends with the rest of the room. That's a big big area and in my opinion will benefit from big big speakers but it depends on how you want to set it up

If more theater style do you want atmos? Or more of a traditional 5 or 7 channel setup

If I ever had your room size Id realize my dream room which is towers towers towers I'd be doing towers of power in all 5 or 7 bed layer spots with some killer subs to set it off.

Especially if you want a lot of music. And If you like music in surround format nothing like towers in all positions for that

But your budget and how you want the audio side setup would be helpful

Also how tall is the ceiling this is actually an important question helps to plan out the rest of the room

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
As far as layouts go that's a tough one what's your budget? For the audio that is. Is it going to be a true theater style layout? Or more an open type concept that blends with the rest of the room. That's a big big area and in my opinion will benefit from big big speakers but it depends on how you want to set it up

If more theater style do you want atmos? Or more of a traditional 5 or 7 channel setup

If I ever had your room size Id realize my dream room which is towers towers towers I'd be doing towers of power in all 5 or 7 bed layer spots with some killer subs to set it off.

Especially if you want a lot of music. And If you like music in surround format nothing like towers in all positions for that

But your budget and how you want the audio side setup would be helpful

Also how tall is the ceiling this is actually an important question helps to plan out the rest of the room
9' ceilings . Well money really isnt an issue but Im wondering if I should build a wall and split the room size for theatre room to say 26x20 I've looked at the Klipsch 7.2.4 if going that route .. what's your opinion

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
9' ceilings . Well money really isnt an issue but Im wondering if I should build a wall and split the room size for theatre room to say 26x20 I've looked at the Klipsch 7.2.4 if going that route .. what's your opinion
Also if splitting room off what would u recommend for the other 40x26 for audio mostly music for bar and gaming area?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hah hah building a man cave of that stature I figure money wouldn't be an issue

I like both ideas I can see splitting it off into a 26 x 20 x 9 theater area. Is the 26 length or width?

I own the Klipsch RP 8000f's amazing speakers for the money and since money is not an issue with Klipsch or any of your options Id be going flagship all the way 3 Klipsch RF7III's in the front plus for me only for me the Klipsch RP8000f's as towers all around with the Klipsch THX ultra in ceilings would just be a friggin amazing system in a closed off theater area like that.

If you done want towers on your surrounds then the Klipsch THX ultra in walls would be killer in there

RBH would be another fantastic option for a theater room with that kind off budget.

There are a lot of options out there those are just 2 of mine. Other guys will chime in with brands they are familiar with as well.

That starts us on the theater area

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay so your suggestion on the rest of the room sounds like you want a music kind off system to fill the rest of the open chill party area up.

If floor standers they'd have to be sexy look man cave pimpin but then you want more space in an open area

I'm thinking in walls and in ceilings strategically placed throughout that open area to fill it up with music and sound for party's or game nights with either in wall subs strategically placed or some space saving subs like PC 2000's from SVS although a couple sealed subs nice looking placed strategically would work on the low end as well

You have so many great options triad rbh Damn the list could go on and on for good in wall and in ceilings RSL C34e's for the ceilings I have those for my atmos speakers but they were designed for music they can handle atmos no problem

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
Hah hah building a man cave of that stature I figure money wouldn't be an issue

I like both ideas I can see splitting it off into a 26 x 20 x 9 theater area. Is the 26 length or width?

I own the Klipsch RP 8000f's amazing speakers for the money and since money is not an issue with Klipsch or any of your options Id be going flagship all the way 3 Klipsch RF7III's in the front plus for me only for me the Klipsch RP8000f's as towers all around with the Klipsch THX ultra in ceilings would just be a friggin amazing system in a closed off theater area like that.

If you done want towers on your surrounds then the Klipsch THX ultra in walls would be killer in there

RBH would be another fantastic option for a theater room with that kind off budget.

There are a lot of options out there those are just 2 of mine. Other guys will chime in with brands they are familiar with as well.

That starts us on the theater area
What type of receive would u run with this speaker setup

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Oh and in your theater area? Since money isn't a problem Id be wrecking it with some monster subs dual Rythmik FV25HP's. dual JTR captivators 2400 and even the 4000's would be sic sic sic in that setup and how could I forget in your budget Id be hitting up a full JTR setup there home theater room speakers are out of this world on a theater room that size

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
Oh and in your theater area? Since money isn't a problem Id be wrecking it with some monster subs dual Rythmik FV25HP's. dual JTR captivators 2400 and even the 4000's would be sic sic sic in that setup and how could I forget in your budget Id be hitting up a full JTR setup there home theater room speakers are out of this world on a theater room that size
Now that's some expensive poop 1 speaker $3200 I guess I did leave that open to insert foot into mouth.. I was thinking around 7-10k for surround

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What type of receive would u run with this speaker setup
Man screw recievers it would be separates for me all day. A great preamp and some really really nice amps. You want a preamp that would have the latest sound formats 4k compatible great streaming etc with 2 or 3 zones so it can run that whole room.

I definetly feel Yamaha has some great preamps in that 5200 or 5100 lineup that would be one good option

On amps I'm thinking ATI on your budget. If you want to go more budget on them then the outlaw 7700 and the other ones that are fully balanced a couple of those beasts would give you great bang for the buck there's also Parasound man a lot of goid options out there on your budget

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Now that's some expensive poop 1 speaker $3200 I guess I did leave that open to insert foot into mouth.. I was thinking around 7-10k for surround
Hah hah yeah you gotta be careful giving us an open checkbook on your setup we like to spend other people's money Lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay with your budget Id stay with the Klipsch lineup. The flagship you can get great great deals on bundles with them if you know a good dealer.

But don't please don't cheap out on the subs!!!

That theater room deserves epic subs

If the caps are too expensive or you want to keep it all within a ceartin budget then The Rhythmik FV18's are a great option.

Or HSU's 15 flagship a couple of those

I'm just giving you some options to research

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
Okay with your budget Id stay with the Klipsch lineup. The flagship you can get great great deals on bundles with them if you know a good dealer.

But don't please don't cheap out on the subs!!!

That theater room deserves epic subs

If the caps are too expensive or you want to keep it all within a ceartin budget then The Rhythmik FV18's are a great option.

Or HSU's 15 flagship a couple of those

I'm just giving you some options to research
I don't have a clue on a good dealer honestly

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
On jus say roughly a 7k-10k budget what would be your complete setup with running jus Klipsch brand

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis