D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Sir please help me waiting for your advice
Vinayaka

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That approach to placing mic should be fine. If you've already tried the resets, and you consistently get bad data, perhaps it's time to have your Pioneer repaired under warranty....unless you are happy with the manual settings, which it doesn't sound like you are. It could be something as simple as a bad mic, but it could be the avr itself...especially since you're not happy with the overall sound. Hard to know what your expectations are based on, though.

I'm not all that familiar with the speakers other than they generally get good comments, but for your size space I'd go for a larger sub that digs deeper (I want my subs to have a lower response of 20Hz, the spec on yours is 35Hz); of the brands available I'd look to Velodyne or SVS among those (but still don't know which specific subs of theirs are available there).

As to your room diagram, is there a door on the left wall towards the front? Or is it always open? Your room is fairly small and would think if that room can be sealed with a door that even a 10" sub might satisfy, depending on sub, but I'd look to the 12 or 15" sizes myself. What is the height of the room? Is your room furnished? With what?

The Dolby reference may be settings for Dolby Surround, not sure how they apply. I'll try and take another look at the manual later.

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Thank you sir
  • There is door on left side
  • Height of the room- 10 feet 350 cm
  • False roofing has been done with plaster of Paris
  • Two windows are there covered with glass enclosure over which curtains are there
  • Wooden flooring
  • Regarding speakers
  • Velodyne-1) Impact 12 MK2
  • Velodyne-WI-Q10 wireless subwoofer
  • Velodyne-WI-Q12 wireless auto eq subwoofer
  • Velodyne- Eq max15
  • SVS:
  • 1) SVS PB-1000
  • 2) SVS PC-2000
  • 3) SVS PC-12 plus
  • 4) SVS PC 13 ultra
  • 5) SVS SB 1000
  • 6) SVS PB 2000
  • 7) SVS SB 2000

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Av receiver I bought just 3 months back is it a good receiver if I need to buy which one I should buy which is best for both music and movie and what model please guide me

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Floor- wooden flooring
Left side- door
2 windows with curtains fitted with glass
Roof- false ceiling with plaster of paris

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
  • I am missing clarity and crispness in music
  • In movie I am missing boldness of voice and bass even though I have increased 1 decibel more in audio channel in cross over settings and adjusted the distance according to manual calculation of distance leaving centre and subwoofer untouched ( distance)
  • If I increase the volume bass increases without increase in clarity

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Movie input- blue ray disc-5.1/Amazon firstick/ Tatasky HD
Music- Carnatic music CD/ Gaana/ Raaga/ m tunes HD in Tatasky
In Tatasky - have selected- Dolby digital plus
Amazon- Dolby digital plus
I have broad band connection dedicated to home theatre- 8-10mbps speed

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Please help me.
With regards. Waiting for your valuable in put master please show me the way ahead. If mistakes are there please tell me without hesitation. Vinayaka

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think any of those subs would be an improvement over what you've got now. How did you happen to pick the location of the sub now, though? Did you do a sub crawl?

Can't tell you what receiver, have no idea what is available to you; personally I'd go with Denon/Marantz units, maybe Yamaha.

The positioning of your L/R speakers I see is somewhat compromised by your room's layout but should work well enough. The center being in that cabinet enclosure may be part of your problems. I'd bring it out of the cabinet and on a stand in front of the cabinet, or at least put it on top of the cabinet so as to get it out and closer to ear height.

Otherwise I'd also put floor coverings in place, maybe some wall hangings or heavier drapes; it looks like your room is quite reflective. Have you thought about blocking off the window at the back of the room and changing everything over to the other end?

I'm not a master, just an enthusiast....

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
How to do subwoofer crawl. Please guide me. What should be the ideal position of subwoofer in my room. With regards
Vinayaka

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Today I have done the modifications .
Posting the pictures
I have done auto macc after that, it is showing front right floor stander is at 30 cm and where as left is at 330 cm. I cannot understand and cross over fixed at 80 hz and selected front and centre as big rest all small.
I have put carpet on which subwoofer is placed in forward position almost middle of room.
I heard music - Tatasky HD- m tunes HD sounded different from earlier more crisper but lacking tone at -40 volume
I have ordered life of pi - blue ray disc by amazon getting in a couple of days.
Please suggest me what to do next.
Tried subwoofer crawling I did not found any difference at any place probably I don’t know how to do it in proper way.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Today I have done the modifications .
Posting the pictures
I have done auto macc after that, it is showing front right floor stander is at 30 cm and where as left is at 330 cm. I cannot understand and cross over fixed at 80 hz and selected front and centre as big rest all small.
I have put carpet on which subwoofer is placed in forward position almost middle of room.
I heard music - Tatasky HD- m tunes HD sounded different from earlier more crisper but lacking tone at -40 volume
I have ordered life of pi - blue ray disc by amazon getting in a couple of days.
Please suggest me what to do next.
Tried subwoofer crawling I did not found any difference at any place probably I don’t know how to do it in proper way.
It sounds like the avr's MCACC program is malfunctioning or your mic is...as to what to do for now is enter your manual measurements or the delays will be off. May take a little experimenting with the sub "distance", look up "subwoofer distance tweak" for a thread at avsforum that covered it pretty well. This may help as well http://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-calibration/subwoofer-integration

Did you place the subwoofer in your normal seat (literally) and then crawl around the room for where the bass is strongest? That's about all there is to it....then place the sub where it was strongest.

Life of Pi I remember as a visual feast, don't remember the soundtrack particularly...may have to revisit that one.

Good luck on finding your sweet spot!

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Thank you sir for such a swift reply I really admire you for your concern.
  • I have put the sub in my listening chair and played the subwoofer track and also musical instruments music u tube videos I was not able to differentiate much.probably my hearing has gone for low frequency after experimenting with volumes
  • Please suggest some titles of blue ray movies and also music to test my home theatre system, your best choice
  • With regards
  • I will again do auto tuning till it roughly matches manual distance
  • Is spare macc tuning will be available in stores??
  • With regards
  • Vinayaka

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you sir for such a swift reply I really admire you for your concern.
  • I have put the sub in my listening chair and played the subwoofer track and also musical instruments music u tube videos I was not able to differentiate much.probably my hearing has gone for low frequency after experimenting with volumes
  • Please suggest some titles of blue ray movies and also music to test my home theatre system, your best choice
  • With regards
  • I will again do auto tuning till it roughly matches manual distance
  • Is spare macc tuning will be available in stores??
  • With regards
  • Vinayaka
The subwoofer track? The test tone? Pink noise is often suggested for this purpose, maybe bass heavy music would work also. Sometimes just walking away from it all for a few days is a good thing :)

I have a wide selection of movies, my sub test favorites are various scenes from Oblivion, Live.Die.Repeat, War of the Worlds (2005), Cloverfield, Tron:Legacy, Pulse and some others...maybe for music off the top of my head S.M.V.-Thunder, Shpongle, Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson, Bill Laswell, reggae music....

I'd just forget the MCACC distance settings and use your manual settings (I believe the rest of the MCACC settings would remain in place, but if that still sounds wrong then maybe forget all the settings MCACC made...what are the channel levels being set by MCACC? Don't know what you mean by spare MCACC tuning being available in stores...

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
I will auto tune again in the evening and provide you the exact details.
Thanks for sharing your favourite songs and movies to check home theatre. I will use these and try?
If mic is at fault a fresh mic will it available to buy separately?
Is pink noise is available I you tube but I am not able to get where to find or is there any DVD/ Blu-ray to test
With regards

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Why keep doing the auto tune? Is it changing results each time? I'd just enter the manual measurements at this time and be done with it for the moment. Replacement mics may be available, I don't know but hard to know if it is the mic or avr at this point...since you are getting some good results with the mic, I'd think it's more the avr.

Google pink noise generator, if that isn't already what your avr uses for test tones...

What are the various speaker channels levels being set? Are they changing each time?

D

Dr.Vinayaka.G

Junior Audioholic
Good morning
Did subwoofer crawling remembered my childhood and my children. It is good and I got the sweet spot. Placed the sub over a mat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis