How to match up receivers and speakers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see references to both an SS-WG98 and a SS-WG98S, maybe one is an active sub, the other not....the picture with the service manual covering both shows a power cord....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just backtracked on everything I researched and that model matches the system, it’s really strange Sony seems to have posted the incorrect model number or I made a mistake somehow. That’s the only sub they created that looks like that with that package, however mine is completely different in the back. Weird
May be your buddy or someone else modified that sub and converted it to a powered sub. Does your sub have a model number on it other then the one you posted? Somehow I suspect a DIY mod.

J

Jb901

Enthusiast
May be your buddy or someone else modified that sub and converted it to a powered sub. Does your sub have a model number on it other then the one you posted? Somehow I suspect a DIY mod.
There isnt a model number on it. But I remember him unboxing it in front of me and it has looked the same every since. Then with the models that Sony released after that, you could no longer adjust volume or anything on the sub itself. I think lovinthehd may be right, that model number I provided is missing an S because this it is definitely from the manufacturer. I keep trying to upload a pic of it but it won’t work! I’m waiting on my speakers to come in wondering how they will sound with the sub. Got my eye on a few different subwoofers for an upgrade when I get my next bonus. Y’all have any suggestions on something that would work well with what I’ve got?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty much any active sub will work with your speakers/receiver.....depends on your budget as to suggestions but some nice budget subs like the Dayton SUB1200 or SUB1500 might be worth looking at....

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hey, the price was right for the sub, right? We all gotta start somewhere, but that would be on my short list of stuff to improve on.

Like HD said, the difference between 80 and 100 watts is pretty trivial when you're talking total volume. Here's a cool little tool we all like to play with that can give you an idea of the relation between volume and power. Just fill in the info in the boxes and click "calculate"
Amp quality always better then some redicoulus wattage claims . Onkyo is generally near the top as far as quality for price always , Yamaha is close .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis