How to adjust voice tone on Denon AVR-X1200W

R

rbl

Audioholic Intern
I used the Audyssey setup procedure and all seem to work OK.

However, the voice audio is often difficult to understand in my room. It seem that the voice is muddy or the tone is too low for it to be crisp and clear.

I'm not sure where or how to adjust this or if it is possible. I can not find any tone controls.

What to I need to turn on or off to have access to these adjustments?

Thank you

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
You can increase the center channel volume a dB or 2.
Make sure the center channel is pointed to your ear.
Make sure it doesnt have a flat surface just in front of it. As in it should be at the front and even an inch in front of the bench.
I dont know what the 1200 has, but many denon/marantz have Dialog Enchancer under the options button on the remote but tht might only be the more expensive ones.

Is your room very boomy/echo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R

rbl

Audioholic Intern
I have an excellent room very good speakers. Room is purpose built for a theater.

Volume is not the issue as I can hear it fine ... just the tone is off and likely it is my old age hearing having lost some freq. response ... lol.

I tend to like the old "treble" a bit on the high freq. side and not the low muddy tone.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I’d personally define “muddy” as too much lower frequencies, and not enough upper mids and above.

If the receiver has EQ dedicated to the center channel, try cutting a few dB in the 100-125 Hz range. In addition, boosting a few dB in the 2 kHz range will improve presence.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Tone control (bass/treble) use is described on p.116 of the manual. Your alternate would be to use the GraphicEQ instead of Audyssey (might even lose Audyssey with tone control, I do with a different model Denon if I want to enable tone control....but your manual didn't have that as a footnote on p.116). You sure the speaker/placement is ideal?

R

rbl

Audioholic Intern
I see if I turn off dynamic eq. it enables the tone control and will try that. My speakers are built in so no options there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just what speakers are they and how are they placed? Pics?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis