How much difference will an ALR screen make in a light controlled room with white walls?

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
Hi guys,

Along with everything else, I'm thinking about upgrading to a tab tensioned screen as mine has waves.

The question is if an ALR will show significant improvement in my situation.

I have full light control, but I also have light walls, resulting is a reasonable amount of ambient light reflected off the walls.

I'm currently using a grey screen (1.0 gain iirc) but I'm not sure if ALR will be worth the extra investment over a plain grey screen.

Any thoughts?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
ALR screens introduce significant issues including hotspotting, sparkling, and uneven image uniformity.

I would get a .8 gain grey screen, or I would get a white screen and $20 in darker paint.

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
ALR screens introduce significant issues including hotspotting, sparkling, and uneven image uniformity.

I would get a .8 gain grey screen, or I would get a white screen and $20 in darker paint.
Thanks for the advice, I wasn't aware of the downsides with ALR screens, I'll probably follow your advise then as overall I'm fairly happy with my current setup if it wasn't for the waves!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis