How much difference will an ALR screen make in a light controlled room with white walls?

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
Hi guys,

Along with everything else, I'm thinking about upgrading to a tab tensioned screen as mine has waves.

The question is if an ALR will show significant improvement in my situation.

I have full light control, but I also have light walls, resulting is a reasonable amount of ambient light reflected off the walls.

I'm currently using a grey screen (1.0 gain iirc) but I'm not sure if ALR will be worth the extra investment over a plain grey screen.

Any thoughts?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
ALR screens introduce significant issues including hotspotting, sparkling, and uneven image uniformity.

I would get a .8 gain grey screen, or I would get a white screen and $20 in darker paint.

marticus

marticus

Audioholic
ALR screens introduce significant issues including hotspotting, sparkling, and uneven image uniformity.

I would get a .8 gain grey screen, or I would get a white screen and $20 in darker paint.
Thanks for the advice, I wasn't aware of the downsides with ALR screens, I'll probably follow your advise then as overall I'm fairly happy with my current setup if it wasn't for the waves!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis