Houston, we have a problem

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
My 24" Roku TV in the bedroom acts as a "Pandora server"!
Ya I use my built in Pandora on my Yamaha 681 in my bedroom setup. I have the Yamaha 2060 in the theater and use Pandora there as well. The Yamaha iPhone app to control either receiver.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
How often do you have guests in that room? And for how long?
Don't see a reason to compromise to infrequent guests. Maybe even they may enjoy the setup?:)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How often do you have guests in that room? And for how long?
Don't see a reason to compromise to infrequent guests. Maybe even they may enjoy the setup?:)
Exactly. My family asked me why I didn't have a dedicated "guest room" and I let them know that for the one time a year (maybe) they visit it wasn't worth it. Granted, it was never the plan anyway, but they can think my kids playroom was going to be the guestroom...or the theater...or my office...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've never had an issue with my wife aside from actually spending the money. It's a shared living space and I keep everything nice, neat and clean. She knows how much I love music and this hobby so she's let me go. As long as I don't drive us to the poorhouse, she's cool.

I'm with @lovinthehd. Some of the stories I read on this site... sheesh.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've never had an issue with my wife aside from actually spending the money. It's a shared living space and I keep everything nice, neat and clean. She knows how much I love music and this hobby so she's let me go. As long as I don't drive us to the poorhouse, she's cool.

I'm with @lovinthehd. Some of the stories I read on this site... sheesh.
Yup. I've got 4.x all the way to 11.x in three different rooms in my house. While it is about compromise the important thing is to consider what the other person likes. If you move into a house knowing full well she's going to want the living room to look a specific way that DOESN'T include floor speakers or on wall speakers, good luck.

I ended up doing an all in-ceiling system in my main living room because the way the room was laid out nothing else really made good sense. I actually like it quite a lot, but it is by far the worst system I have (not saying it sounds bad though).

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I specifically bought my house with a man cave / theater room so I have my own room for the “big ugly speakers”. I don’t think the living room will be getting a system even though the old 55 plasma is in there unless the bedroom system migrates there...which may happen after I refinish the flooring.
So continuing with my man cave home theater upgrade research for now. I think 3 Phils or Ascends with RAAL would be my best bet but still saving my money up... :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis