Hope to use free Polk Sub in my current setup, advice please?!?!

M

mr_skeeter

Audiophyte
Howdie, looking for advice on using a "free-to-me" Polk RM 1000W 19840 Sub in my current setup....I currently have a Rockford Fosgate Punch P325.2 amplifier running one Punch P2 12inch subwoofer. I am def a rookie when it comes to all the specific details, frequencies, ohms, channels, etc etc. I just hate throwing away perfectly good devices but if the free-bie will not sync with my current system then so be it. Just looking for yalls input.....many thanks in advance!!!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Howdie, looking for advice on using a "free-to-me" Polk RM 1000W 19840 Sub in my current setup....I currently have a Rockford Fosgate Punch P325.2 amplifier running one Punch P2 12inch subwoofer. I am def a rookie when it comes to all the specific details, frequencies, ohms, channels, etc etc. I just hate throwing away perfectly good devices but if the free-bie will not sync with my current system then so be it. Just looking for yalls input.....many thanks in advance!!!
I'm sorry... Is this all car audio? Is this home theater? What is your complete setup? What is your source? What are you connected to?

The subwoofer listed is pretty unusual for home use as it is a passive unit, which means it needs an external amplifier to operate. Not unusual in car audio, but not typical in home audio. It is part of a review listed here:

It certainly doesn't excite me as a product as the bass response to 40hz is not that strong, and I would prefer something that hits hard down to as close to that 20hz line as I could get it. For free, it might be okay, but still needs amplification and connections to make it work. If going in a car, I have no idea how that will impact the sound.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis