Home Theater for $1500 recommendations

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
They called and rescheduled. Tomorrow hopefully but it wasn't for sure. Receiver should come in also. Got the last refurbished denon x4700 at a4less. I keep spending more than planned... lol But I don't spend much on myself and this is something the family can enjoy for many years. May not wait to get the hsu subwoofer so the system will be complete. The svs is just too much.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Power sound audio is not one I have been looking at. No 1812 b stock.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
If I can get permission from the boss and myself, wouldn't a dual set of the hsu's would be better than 1 PSA 1812 or even 1 svs on 4000?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Speakers arrive today! So much going on that I didn't really think about wire. Seems most speakers do not come with wire? Recommendations? mono price seems well liked. What gauge? I was just going to get 12. And then it looks like i need banana plugs. It will be sad I will just have speakers to stare at for a bit until wire arrives. LOL

I think the last time I bought a CD was over 25 years ago! I am looking forward to seeing what these can do though!
Monoprice 12 gauge is perfectly fine.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Attached is the requested picture of the mess! I still can't believe I got these, as well as my wife. LOL. They look really nice. My wife is not so sure. Unfortunately I need to wait for the speaker wire to arrive on Monday. No idea how to put this all together so I will be reading the forums to figure it out and will probably post here. Thanks for the continued help! Now we need to shop for something to go under the TV.

Attachments

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
They look Awesome. Congratulations!!!

You could put something like this under your Center Channel. Help Angle them

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Attached is the requested picture of the mess! I still can't believe I got these, as well as my wife. LOL. They look really nice. My wife is not so sure. Unfortunately I need to wait for the speaker wire to arrive on Monday. No idea how to put this all together so I will be reading the forums to figure it out and will probably post here. Thanks for the continued help! Now we need to shop for something to go under the TV.
Congrats on the speakers!

Once you fire up the Denon for the first time it will walk you through hooking up your speakers, so just make sure you've got an HDMI cable going from the output on the Denon to your tv and you can then follow the directions on screen.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Nice man!!!! Welcome to the Canton club. KEW and Steven should get a commission.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
The speaker wire should finally arrive today! It has taken a while.... Was supposed to arrive on Wednesday.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Speaker wire finally arrived a couple of days ago. I had some errors with the phase that just didn't go away, i read somewhere that sometimes Denon is just wrong? It looks like the wiring should be correct. Now to figure out where I went wrong, I am still getting sound through the TV. Sounds good though.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Following up, the speakers were a great choice. Thanks for all the help here. My family still remarks how good the sound is at times. Still haven't added subwoofers, LOL. Someday!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis