Home Theater for $1500 recommendations

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
If your going with the Cantons I would want to a receiver that puts out 110wpc or more. That receiver will work if your not listening at loud levels which is sometimes hard to do when watching certain movies

Or add external.Amps

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Is denons 570h an okay choice? It is now on sale at assesories4less
Do you live near Reading PA? I noticed that FB listing. I have the Canton Chrono SL’s, if you wanted to see and listen to them first.

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Thanks! I appreciate that. You are two hours away from me, I am near Baltimore. May just keep that in mind! I read on the forum that they tend to go on sale labor day, and especially mid December. I may just wait for that, they are a lot more than the Ascends I was going to get. I was looking at the Canton bookshelves also but maybe I need the towers due to the amount of space in the basement.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Thanks! I appreciate that. You are two hours away from me, I am near Baltimore. May just keep that in mind! I read on the forum that they tend to go on sale labor day, and especially mid December. I may just wait for that, they are a lot more than the Ascends I was going to get. I was looking at the Canton bookshelves also but maybe I need the towers due to the amount of space in the basement.
Invite is always open. It’s funny, I just drove to Baltimore to buy 2 PB3000’s for $1200. That’s about the limit of my range when searching for audio equipment as well......

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Invite is always open. It’s funny, I just drove to Baltimore to buy 2 PB3000’s for $1200. That’s about the limit of my range when searching for audio equipment as well......
Dual PB-3000s is going to be a killer system. Nice!

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
I bought the Canton's today! I can't believe I talked myself into it, decided not to wait. Now I will need a receiver. I have the LG C9 TV that has the HDMI 2.1. I will likely get the new xbox for the kids this year so that narrows my receivers down to those with 2.1 HDMI. I am thinking I will get the DENON 3700. Thoughts? Eventually add an HSU sub but not today.

(btw I called A4L and they had 4 black towers and 6 white towers left)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I bought the Canton's today! I can't believe I talked myself into it, decided not to wait.

(btw I called A4L and they had 4 black towers and 6 white towers left)
Which color did you get?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
WSM - o_O

I know your not purchasing a sub right away. But this would complement those Speakers and work well in your space

71kl+0f-s1L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Oh geez, I like the price on your first recommendation for the HSU subwoofer much better.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Oh geez, I like the price on your first recommendation for the HSU subwoofer much better.
Well thats when you asked for a $1500 whole system.

YOUR NOW PLAYING WITH THE BIG BOYS!!! WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF HOME THEATER!!!

Your Life has just Changed. How you watch Movies will never be the same again

LOL

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You said you don't listen to music very much. Get yourself this CD and play this with those Bad Boys

J

jeffdean5

Enthusiast
Speakers arrive today! So much going on that I didn't really think about wire. Seems most speakers do not come with wire? Recommendations? mono price seems well liked. What gauge? I was just going to get 12. And then it looks like i need banana plugs. It will be sad I will just have speakers to stare at for a bit until wire arrives. LOL

I think the last time I bought a CD was over 25 years ago! I am looking forward to seeing what these can do though!

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So how do they look? Yours and wife's thoughts? Pictures

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis