Holy Crap is this the golden era of used stereo gear or what?

C

CoryW

Audioholic
I have been absolutely blown away what some folks are dumping in the used markets these days. I have closets full of speakers, dang good ones let alone some stellar buys on some of the finest sounding receivers made. Do I care they are missing HDMI? No I do not. A few of them:

3 RBH SI-770/R. @ $125 per
2 RBH SX-1010SEN @ $200 per
2 RBH MC-6ct mk2. @ $145
2 RBH MC-616C. @ $35 per
2 RBH MC-4C. @ $25
2 mint JBL L46. @ $180
2 mint JBL L3. @ $190
2 JBL L5. @ $180
2 mint DefTech BP20. @ $50
Denon AVR-3300 mint. @ $50
Denon AVR-380 mint. @ $75
Denon AVR-3805 mint @
Yamaha AVR-3800 new @ $50
Pioneer VSX-59TXI mint. @ $180
Onkyo TX-NR905 mint. @ $80
Panamax 5300-PM. @ $50

Are they state of the art, actually a few were in their day. The common thread here is that each of these units are very high quality. A few can stop your heart. I’ve never had more fun for less money spent. Go grab the latest greatest with your kids college fund. I’ll feed from your scraps.

Brothers, sisters......Shout out your finds and say “that’s mine”.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's all the stuff you have right now? I'm a fan of RBH, but would have to look a lot of that stuff up. The Denon 3300 for 50 bucks jumped out at me tho. Some really good finds you have there!

Every so often I scour Craigslist looking for treasures or angry spouses revenge-selling their ex's gear dirt cheap. I made a thread and I'll bump it if I think I found something. I do it in the hopes that one of these days I'm gonna stumble across something amazing. So far that hasn't happened, but I did end up buying a couple sets of speakers I don't need... lol.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I keep an eye out for used audio equipment, reading Craigslist most every morning. I've seen some bargains; but, then reality sets in. That's recognizing I have no need for anything listed. I saw a Marantz 2230 the other day, and I thought wow that would be nice to have. Then I remembered what a piece of crap my 2230 was back in 1974, which made me so glad when I found a buyer for it.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
HDMI and blu-ray was a gigantic quantum shift and yep, a lot of really great receivers got put to pasture. They can make great backup amps for a 2-channel system if/when there's a mishap though!

C

CoryW

Audioholic
W
That's all the stuff you have right now? I'm a fan of RBH, but would have to look a lot of that stuff up. The Denon 3300 for 50 bucks jumped out at me tho. Some really good finds you have there!

Every so often I scour Craigslist looking for treasures or angry spouses revenge-selling their ex's gear dirt cheap. I made a thread and I'll bump it if I think I found something. I do it in the hopes that one of these days I'm gonna stumble across something amazing. So far that hasn't happened, but I did end up buying a couple sets of speakers I don't need... lol.
We have a local site here in Utah at KSL.com. Very fun to search on and do I love rich folks. The last item I bought new was a Nakamichi AV-10 25 years ago. I lord helmet around with this used stuff these days because a spinal fusion failure took every hobby/pastime that I have.

I go heavy on RBH because Layton, UT is der Fatherland. That and their excellent staff helped me update my drivers to current spec without the heavy cost of new acquisition. My spouse works her butt off for us, so I can’t justify the cost of new products to my self so.......what can you do? At least I get variety.

Now the Pioneer is something special. A lawyer sold it to me. He said it had never really been used since he bought it for $4k. A pure Copper frame, the largest transformer that I’ve ever seen, and so massive to move. I have never heard a better sounding receiver. I’ll never do more than 5.2 anyway.

C

CoryW

Audioholic

I have literally walked away with a purchase, hearing the husband drill her on how much he bought them for a year ago. She said they were all just noisemakers and wanted them gone. I low balled the item to the point it may have been theft......and she said “yes”. Walk faster to the car. Funny, my gal would have never interfered with something I love. I’m lucky.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis