maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Altec/Klipsch

I grew up listening to a pair of Valencias with different amplification through the years. Their sound have been my reference all my life.
Also at home there was a pair of Klipschhorns in the living room corners.

Now I have the Kplipsch RB-75 as my fronts. These speakers use the same drivers (minus one) and technology as the RF-7s.

I enjoy looking at your system. Very nice indeed.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I grew up listening to a pair of Valencias with different amplification through the years. Their sound have been my reference all my life.
Also at home there was a pair of Klipschhorns in the living room corners.

Now I have the Kplipsch RB-75 as my fronts. These speakers use the same drivers (minus one) and technology as the RF-7s.

I enjoy looking at your system. Very nice indeed.
Consider yourself very fortunate. Very few ever get to experience the sound of the older studio monitor speakers made by Altec.

I was seriously considering the RB 75's for the office. The wife put the brakes on that one so I settled for a Pro Media 2.1 system.

Wish you were closer. Sure would like to hear what the RB 75's sound like. I love the idea of having the ability to easily play with their position (RB 75) for the best sound. Try doing that with the Altec's.

Thanks for the support.

maximoiglesias

maximoiglesias

Audioholic
Consider yourself very fortunate. Very few ever get to experience the sound of the older studio monitor speakers made by Altec.

I was seriously considering the RB 75's for the office. The wife put the brakes on that one so I settled for a Pro Media 2.1 system.

Wish you were closer. Sure would like to hear what the RB 75's sound like. I love the idea of having the ability to easily play with their position (RB 75) for the best sound. Try doing that with the Altec's.

Thanks for the support.
The RB-75 sure sound beautifull specially when I connect them to my vintage NEC AUA 7800 stereo integrated amplifier using my Yamaha S1800 DVD-A and SACD player. They sound like big ones! No need for a subwoofer at all, for music.

S

stealthrt

Audioholic Intern
i must say that the painting that slides to reveal the TV is pretty awesome and very unique! :)

David

W

westcott

Audioholic General
i must say that the painting that slides to reveal the TV is pretty awesome and very unique! :)

David
Thanks David. I wish I could say it was my idea. I saw a similar design on the internet.

It is made of four panels. I stretched the canvas and made the frames. Piano Hinges hold it all together and facilitate folding.That was a learning experience.

The colors for the painting were agreed upon by "committee". I am often asked why such a simple design. Two reasons. First, I wanted the painting to have some symmetry when open, and two, I am not a painter.

I appreciate your comments.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
My CD changer is 11 years young and still going strong even though I usually run it in shuffle mode.
Well, it is several years later now AVRat and the Sony CD player is still running like a champ.

I am even thinking of buying another one (the one I have is getting full).

This is an old post but a good excuse to drag my home theater back to the top.

Cheers.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Well, now that most of the His and Her Room is in daily use, my interests have moved back to cars. I still enjoy my system and I really would not change a thing except the old CRT. Time for a new flat panel.

Here is a quick photo of the engine bay restoration.

Happy Holidays to everyone here and I hope it is not another two years before I have an update.

Cheers

P.S. Did I mention how much Webshots\Smile sucks. Another thing to do on my list. Update with PhotoBucket Library. Sorry.

[video=youtube;hiW-2bOShCQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hiW-2bOShCQ[/video]

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis