High end system to my living room, MOST HELP PLEASE!!!!!

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
Hello

In these days i decided to take a good system to my living room and this time the system will be a high end system. ( That's what i promise my self from long months ago ).

Initially, i cannot audition any speaker because we don't have any dealer or any store that have this kind of electrons...so i take my experience and the informations from the reading here only.

lets start......my budget is 2800$.

Before start i need to knows you, the Salk SongTower RT with the ribbon tweeter and Pau Ferro rosewood or Macassar Ebony finish was my final speaker to order, but when i come to calculate all my requirements (i don't know if my requirements are standard or custom, the only thing i know is the ribbon is a custom upgrade) in these speaker i feel i will go more than 2800$ ( i say it may costs me up to 3300$ to 3400$/pair and by this budget i can take a good better choice.
From this perspective i began to see these choices, and at the end these list was my final list to decide what i need to go right.

My list is a very near in the price and specs make me very limited and really hard to decide ( Don't be surprised in the point of the price because some of them are used but still in a good statement ) :

1- KEF R900 ( it used, had some scratches, one leg is missing ,((it the dealer showroom demo speaker )) and costs 2600$ ) 7/10.

2- KEF R900 also ( but they very great condition and costs 3250$, it the most new speaker in the list ) 10/10.

3- KEF R700.

4- Salk veracity HT2-TL ( it used and costs 3200$ ) 9/10.

5- Anthony Gallo Classico 4 ( they news and costs 2400$ ) 10/10.

6- Salk SongTowerRT with ribbon & Pau Ferro finish. (Like i said above, from this choice i began to think, if it will cost me more than 2800$, why not to see a better choice if i will add these some 200 or 300$).

Finally, thats why i post this thread here because i am surly i will take the right choice and surly all of you will take me on the right way.

Sorry about lengthy and Thanks for reading.
:):):)

S

SearchofSub

Banned
$3,000 on pair of speakers is not a high-end system. Its mid-level, I consider $10,000 + a high-end system.

I think you should add Tekton and Phil 3's to the list. They get great reviews and fits your budget.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
$3,000 on pair of speakers is not a high-end system. Its mid-level, I consider $10,000 + a high-end system.

I think you should add Tekton and Phil 3's to the list. They get great reviews and fits your budget.
Yes, the philharmonic is a very very very great speaker that fits often rooms in music....

Lets add it to the list :

7- Philharmonic 3.

But what the tektom model you are talken sbout ?

Please help !!!!

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I'm a little confused. You list a budget of $2800, but then you list several options that are above $2800.
What is your budget? Is your budget just for speakers, or will you need related electronics? If not full-range, does the subwoofer need to be included in this price? What distance are you listening at? What kinds of volumes? What is your tolerance for a large or "un-pretty" speaker?

The suggested Phil 3 breaks the proverbial bank @$3300 (though I have a set of Phil 2's I might part with). A Phil Slim would be just within Philharmonic Audio.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
Yes, the philharmonic is a very very very great speaker that fits often rooms in music....

Lets add it to the list :

7- Philharmonic 3.

But what the tektom model you are talken sbout ?

Please help !!!!

Either the Pendragons or the eNZO's. The pendragons are huge, its 54' tall so if that is too big for you I'd definately go with the eNZO's.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
I'm a little confused. You list a budget of $2800, but then you list several options that are above $2800.
What is your budget? Is your budget just for speakers, or will you need related electronics? If not full-range, does the subwoofer need to be included in this price? What distance are you listening at? What kinds of volumes? What is your tolerance for a large or "un-pretty" speaker?

The suggested Phil 3 breaks the proverbial bank @$3300 (though I have a set of Phil 2's I might part with). A Phil Slim would be just within Philharmonic Audio.

Hello mr jerry.
My budget only for two speakers L/R (stereo i mean later i will add the center speaker then the subwoofer, but now only the two fronts ONLY).

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
And awful lot of people report problems actually receiving Tekton speakers, and that grills are almost impossible to actually get (Tekton Pendragon). On top of that, there are several complaints of tweeters blowing and not being warrantied. Caviat Emptor.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
And awful lot of people report problems actually receiving Tekton speakers, and that grills are almost impossible to actually get (Tekton Pendragon). On top of that, there are several complaints of tweeters blowing and not being warrantied. Caviat Emptor.
Yes mr jerry plus that i will not listed them (Tekton) in my list, but the philharmonic 3 like the friend above says (seachofsub) is an incredible speakers from reviews i read and i did'nt found any negative thing sbout them.
Really good speaker like the speakers in the list also.
I amvery limited in this list !!!!!!

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Yes mr jerry plus that i will not listed them (Tekton) in my list, but the philharmonic 3 like the friend above says (seachofsub) is an incredible speakers from reviews i read and i did'nt found any negative thing sbout them.
Really good speaker like the speakers in the list also.
I realize you did not mention Tekton, but two other posters did.

I own the Philharmonic 2's (now discontinued), and have very little bad to say about them and nothing at all bad to say about Dennis. Phil3's would be a great pair of speakers (the difference between the Phil2 and Phil3 is the bass driver, which is larger on the Phil3).

What distance are you listening at? What kinds of volumes? What is your tolerance for a large or "un-pretty" speaker?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

I own the Philharmonic 2's (now discontinued), and have very little bad to say about them and nothing at all bad to say about Dennis. Phil3's would be a great pair of speakers (the difference between the Phil2 and Phil3 is the bass driver, which is larger on the Phil3).

What distance are you listening at? What kinds of volumes? What is your tolerance for a large or "un-pretty" speaker?
Just one tiny clarification. The 3's and the 2's have the same size bass driver (8"), the 3's just utilize a much more robust one that can reach deeper and take more power. The bass cabinet on the 3's is also larger to accommodate a lower tuning point.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic

15 to 20 feets, u can say midrange volumes.

In last question, if u mean the space of the speaker no problem i have enough space, but if u think i am tend to take a big speaker, thats not my criteria, the important thing is the sound.
There is speaker that make you feel you r normally listen to a speaker.
But there is speakers that tell you what you listening from them not just produce the sound to your ears.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic

In last question, if u mean the space of the speaker no problem i have enough space, but if u think i am tend to take a big speaker, thats not my criteria, the important thing is the sound.
But there is speakers that tell you what you listening from them not just produce the sound to your ears.
Also the low frequencies ( Bass ) r important to me because may be i will one of who's have a stereo systems.
We don't know what happen in the future. :):):)

Sorry the english is not my primary language.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Also what about Salks and KEF Rs.
I know the R's are nice sounding speakers. The 900 has larger bass drivers but even the R500 can produce respectable bass in a smaller room. If you are going to listen from 15 to 20 ft away go with the 900. What are your room dimensions, I mean length, width, and height, and what kind of amplifier you are going to be using? I am also curious to know what "midrange volumes" mean?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Get some high quality bookshelf speakers + high quality subwoofers.

For example, get some used KEF R300 or Revel M106 bookshelf speakers (or similar) + dual Rythmik LV12 subs (or similar).

None of these towers will have nearly the quality of bass as these subs.

So you get the high quality midrange and tweeter from the bookshelf speakers + high quality bass from the subs.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Get some high quality bookshelf speakers + high quality subwoofers.

For example, get some used KEF R300 or Revel M106 bookshelf speakers (or similar) + dual Rythmik LV12 subs (or similar).

None of these towers will have nearly the quality of bass as these subs.

So you get the high quality midrange and tweeter from the bookshelf speakers + high quality bass from the subs.
He has a $2,800 budget, not sure if it is US$ or Euro $ though.

S

SearchofSub

Banned

The enzo's are very neutral so they fit your criteria. The reported incidents of tweeters blowing from 3 members are because they are running it above ear bleeding levels. If you run it below 105 db they should be fine.

Heard nothing but good things about Phil 3's.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The enzo's are very neutral so they fit your criteria. The reported incidents of tweeters blowing from 3 members are because they are running it above ear bleeding levels. If you run it below 105 db they should be fine.

Heard nothing but good things about Phil 3's.
Wow. 3 reported incidence of blown drivers. How many unreported? Out of how many owners? And how many people have not gotten their speakers yet after extended period?

I seriously doubt the OP or most people would risk their money on Tekton.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
At thi moment i will go with R900.
But before that, we can compare it to Salk SongTower RT or philharmonic 3 ? I thing the final competition will limeted between this three....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis