Hifi system upgrade

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
it means that I will also have to change the amplifier... i ordered the speakers from amazon in the meantime, let's what happens.the enthusiastic review of Amirm on Audio Science Review pushed me to take them.

Thanks, i'll keep you updated.
P.

P.s. since for next month I have already decided to sell my Denon pma600ne and buy a new amplifier to match the Elac dbr62, can I continue the discussion in this section or should i open a new topic to understand which amplifier to buy? as a first idea I was thinking about the Yamaha R-N803, but the Amirm review on audiosciencereview.com did not convince me, so I am open to all suggestions from you. Thanks a lot.
I think you are fine continuing here. We have some members in the UK. They may have a better idea of what is available in Italy.

paspolc

paspolc

Audioholic Intern
That's one idea I had thought of as I've seen generally very nice user comments as well as that review for that model. I think we have a couple members that bought some, too...

I haven't had a brick and mortar for speakers for many years. I generally research a speaker I'm interested in and try and find measurements and a variety of user/owner comments.....(I don't find subjective reviews very helpful generally, tho). I takes my chances with internet buying, tho. Where are you? Many of my suggestions would be more for the US....
Thanks for replying. I live in Italy.
Anyway, i already ordered the Elac Dbr62, after reading Armir review on Audiosciencereview.com and watching various youtube videos.

I'm thinking also about upgrading the ampli and was looking at the Yamaha nr803d,but open to any advice.

P.

P.s. to be honest, I have not found in Italy such professional forums with a high technical knowledge as this and Audiosciencereview.com.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for replying. I live in Italy.
Anyway, i already ordered the Elac Dbr62, after reading Armir review on Audiosciencereview.com and watching various youtube videos.

I'm thinking also about upgrading the ampli and was looking at the Yamaha nr803d,but open to any advice.

P.

P.s. to be honest, I have not found in Italy such professional forums with a high technical knowledge as this and Audiosciencereview.com.
I've glanced at the features of the Yamaha before, seemed like a nice unit, believe it even has bass management (somewhat unusual among 2ch integrated amps/receivers). I'm more a multi channel user myself, using avrs and power amps where I need more...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
In fact, i have just moved the speakers away from the wall and angles, pushing them further, trying to find the best placement..
Can only get so much sound from bookshelves I’d say find room for towers if he wants larger soundstage or get higher end bookshelves.
If you upgrade receivers try surround sound or something, do you have a movie set up or just 2ch?

paspolc

paspolc

Audioholic Intern
Anyhow, the new speakers Elac Dbr62 arrived. They are awesome and sound great with the Denon pma600ne as well.

20210517_181541.jpg

20210517_181527.jpg

Very happy of the upgrade. Thanks to all.

P.

V

volgot

Audiophyte
Hi there!

I understand that it's a little bit old topic, but I would add my comment cause it was not properly answered in my opinion.

The main mistake which could lead to "not too much details" was to buy bookshelf speakers instead of floorstanders. Bookshelf speakers have to stay on their place - on a bookshelf over your working table or directly on your working table with a maximum distance no more than one meter from your head and better on the same altitude as your head when you sitting there. Google music record audio studios with console to clearly understand what bookshelf speakers are using for in music creating industry.

Simply to replace your mistakenly placed deskboard speakers in the living room with the correct ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 but Floorstanding speakers created for living rooms could fix your issue from beginning.

Below images about what bookshelf speakers are desined for.

Best regards

------

p,s, everyone have a headphones, with good sound details, but no one place his headphones on a bookshelf to listen from there "with good sound details", for the same reason no one puts bookshelf speakers on the floor

p.p.s. I am not just music listener but music creator & composer

0737d37-ef62-4bde-afb9-9048ee6f77b9-3467301697.jpg

th-1170073126.jpeg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis