HELP ! Yamaha RX-V2500 remote problem

kirbyevie

kirbyevie

Enthusiast
Hi there, Got a problem with my RX-V2500 remote on learning other remote control devices.
There is NO problem when I learn another remote control if the switch is on SOURCE... But, If I switch to TV, and start to press LEARN on the remote... the display indicates ERROR! any buttons I press (using pionted object) it's always an ERROR. I am doing the same instructions on the users manual.
I tried to restore it to factory default and clear all the programmed devices but it's still the same... the user manual is not helping me!
Maybe you guys have the same equipment I have.... what shall I do?
thanks in advance and GOD Bless.

nav

nav

Audioholic
I never figured out how to get the remote to learn under TV either. I just started using the 'DTV' source as my TV instead. If someone has an answer, I'd be interested too.

JVC

JVC

Banned
Just go to Sam's Club and buy the Harmony 628 remote for $45-$55, and let it control everything you have. Very easy online setup. You type in model numbers of your equipment, and download info to the remote, via included usb cable. Extremely wife friendly too. Do yourself a favor........... :)

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I'm not sure either, i used DTV as well. But i second the other guy here recommending throwing out the remote and getting a Harmony or other universal. The remote for the V2500 is perhaps the worst remote in the history of remotes...
aqua green letters on button
orange backlight
completely unreadable in the dark (and not so great in the light)
The LCD is completely useless
Not to mention it's the size of a Buick

aspaceintime

aspaceintime

Audioholic
agreed

mine now only lights up on one half side of the remote. Time to search for a better unit!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis