HELP with TV selection PLease

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Yup...it's pretty hard to complain about bigger screen size for a lower price!

I'm a little confused as to how you'd be getting the TC-P65V10 for less than the KRP-600M though :confused:

The best price that I'm seeing on the TC-P65V10 is about $3750 before shipping (which should be about $200). The best price I'm seeing on the KRP-600M is just shy of $3000 before shipping.

The $200 shipping is basically a wash. If your friend is putting the TV on a stand or a shelf, then let's factor in the full $400 price for the official KRP-TS01 stand. Even with that included, the KRP-600M is still cheaper! And if you can track down a PDK-1015 stand on ebay, you're looking at a lower price than that!

If your friend will be using a wall mount, then that cost is basically a wash as well.

So maybe you were only considering brick & mortar stores, but if you go online and shop with BestBuyPCS (they're showing the lowest prices) or another legitimate online retailer, the KRP-600M can definitely be had for less than the TC-P65V10. :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
So maybe you were only considering brick & mortar stores, but if you go online and shop with BestBuyPCS (they're showing the lowest prices) or another legitimate online retailer, the KRP-600M can definitely be had for less than the TC-P65V10. :)
Unless you have a friend who works for Panasonic. :eek: I logged in last week with my friend's account, and it was $2,400 with Pana Friends and Family. And if they didn't change anything the last few years, shipping is free too! So, he's probably saving at least $800 with the v10, unless PCS doesn't charge tax (because Pana does). And I'm pretty sure Panasonic is an authorized dealer for Panasonic products. :p j/k.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Unless you have a friend who works for Panasonic. :eek: I logged in last week with my friend's account, and it was $2,400 with Pana Friends and Family. And if they didn't change anything the last few years, shipping is free too! So, he's probably saving at least $800 with the v10, unless PCS doesn't charge tax (because Pana does). And I'm pretty sure Panasonic is an authorized dealer for Panasonic products. :p j/k.
ahh yes...well that certainly does make a difference :p

Going from 60" to 65" increases the "ideal" seating distance from just over 8 feet for the 60" to almost 9 feet for the 65", so that is nothing to sneeze at and certainly something to keep in mind.

The lighting conditions are a big deal too though and in a well-lit room, the KRP-600M certainly shows a deeper shade of black and fewer reflections.

Not an easy choice, but the seating distance really could be the thing that clinches the decision. Certainly, everyone like to save money, but there are times when spending a little extra truly is worth it. That was certainly the case for musta9, and I can't wait to hear from him when he gets his KRP-600M!

A

audiohonic65

Audioholic
I suggest you go to a store, have a look arorund on all the models. Check audio, video and everything. That can help you decide better.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
I suggest the Panasonic TH-50PX77U, with Antiglare screen that reduces reflections; produces deep blacks with excellent shadow detail; and accurate initial color temperature, a slick styling.

O

olemj86

Audiophyte
AVinDemand is another SCAM. Their address shows up on google maps. It's a residential house. Yeah...that's legit :rolleyes:

I just tryed them.. Orderd 2pcs KRP-600M
Price each: 2725 USD +199 Shipping...
But i didnt pay them, I payed to MYus.com, and they payed to
AVinDemand with a credit card...So I will recive my tv or get my money back... I now that if scammers use credit cards terminals to scam you,
you are insured trough the credit card, and you will recive your money and the credit card company will go after the scammers...

So i will recive my tv, or i will get my money back..
Offcourse I hope for the TV :)

Anyone ever tryed to buy from AVinDemand.com?

It may be that they not are autorised dealers, but that doesnt matter to me, because I'm form Norway and wont have any US warranty anyway...
So i dont mine buy from those 'grey marked' products websites..
The reason they have a house on there adress is maybe because they do just this!? So they wont have a walk in stor or and big warehouse...

:)

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Well, I hope that AVinDemand actually delivers the KRP-600M monitors to you. There's a slim chance that they are actually legit.

But when I was looking to buy my KRP-600M, I came across AVinDemand and everything about them just seemed shady. I gave them a call at around midnight, my time, which should have been about 3 am where AVinDemand is supposedly located. I only intended to leave a message, but someone actually answered the phone! Sounded like he was outside, walking on the street or something. Without checking on anything, he said that he could deliver a KRP-600M to me, but that I would have to pay by Wire Transfer.

Absolutely nothing about that sounded right or gave me any indication that this was anything other than a scam.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Don't get me wrong - I hope against hope that AVinDemand is legitimate. They just sent up a lot of red flags for me, is all :eek:

It also seems odd that the number of reviews for them as a seller hasn't changed in 3 months. With their prices, you'd figure they'd be doing more business and getting more reviews. I don't know. I hope for the sake of people ordering from them that they are not just a total scam. But they were shady to me, at best, so I'd rather just go with dealers that I know are legit ;)

D

DaleAV

Full Audioholic
Don't get me wrong - I hope against hope that AVinDemand is legitimate. They just sent up a lot of red flags for me, is all :eek:
No problem. It raises a flag for me too when I see a new retailer suddenly take off like one of the 'top ten'.

It would not be the first time that reviews are compromised. I am NOT saying that's the case here, but that suspicion is one reason most people stick with the tried and true retailers that have been around a long time. At least until a new seller has established some longevity.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Well, that is encouraging, olemj86 :)

I certainly hope that it all goes well for you. It is tough to trust a company that has very little history and goes by several different names. But so long as they deliver, that is what really matters in the end.

Could be that it's just a couple of guys working out of their garage and making sales for a bunch of different warehouses. But man - talk about a shady way of doing business :p Wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of what they are selling are "grey market" or "black market" goods. But you did things the right way, olemj86, so I think that you should be safe and I really hope that you receive your KRP-600M monitors in good condition and that they work well for you :)

C

cinemaguru

Audiophyte
Avindemand.com Was Great!!!

I decided to write about my experience with AVINDEMAND.com, as I was following this post since the beginning of October.

I originally looked at Avindemand, as they were advertising the JVC DLA-RS20 projector - in my opinion the best you could buy for under 10K. So, I called them to see if they actually have it in stock, as they had the lowest price online. A rep picked up the phone, which seemed very positive to me. The guy actually knew exactly what he was talking about -- good knowledge of a projector, screens, and different applications (btw, the JVC was in stock and they assured me that it would ship within 24 hours). So, I ordered both items form them (i needed some other items, but wanted to test the waters first), put it on my AMEX and figured that if anything would go wrong I could just call the CC company.

Just about 20 minutes later I got an email with a tracking # for the projector. I was able to track later on that evening. I had it in FL on the 3rd day :). Double boxed for extra protection, brand new and never opened. The Stewart Screen came in as promised in about 5 days via a trucking company.
So I went ahead and ordered all the other things I needed from them. I spoke to Mark and he even soursed all other products that they don't have listed on their sire. So to me AVINDEMAND is a very legitimate and very well run company.
Here is what I ordered from them on my second time:

Pioneer KRP-600M (came strapped on the skid) - perfect shape
2 pcs Samsung UN40B7000 + 2 pcs WMN1000B wall mounts
Samsung BDP3600
Denon AVR3310CI
Universal Remote MX980 + RF350
Velodyne Sub
KEF In-Wall speakers

So there you go :)

Btw, FirstReflection, I think you might be located outside US, otherwise I don't see a reason why would they ask you to wire them the money for the KRP600M. I had a similar experience with one other store - I wanted to ship something to Europe as a gift to a friend and they said that they would either ship it to a US address on file with my CC or for anything that goes out of the country they would accept the wire transfer of a money order -- US merchants do not have any protection from out-of-the country disputes and fraudulent charges.

Also I don't know about you, but I have tried BestBuyPCS in the past twice, and both times they tried to come up with different stories to up-sell me on the warranties, wires, etc. I'm sure they might be ok, as they've been around for a while but my experience wasn't nice there.
I'd rather deal with guys like Avindemand who specialize in expensive items, but really know a lot of technical details about the stuff they selling.

Rich H.

F

FirstReflection

AV Rant Co-Host
Well that is good news, cinemaguru!

I am very happy to be proven wrong in a case like this :D

It's sad to say, but these days, I approach every purchase with skepticism and trepidation. I'd love to be more trusting, but we've all heard the horror stories - perhaps experienced one ourselves - so when a red flag shows up, I run! lol

My appologies to AVinDemand in this instance. You are right, cinemaguru - I am in Canada. I can understand that a US company might not be able to accept non-US credit cards. But man, asking for a wire transfer - that is just something I will never trust. It's about the same as asking for Western Union in my book :p

Hopefully, the good experiences will continue with AVinDemand. If they can stick around and build a solid reputation, I'm always happy to see another good online retailer offering low and competitive prices! It's a shame that so many fake and scam companies have ruined our collective trust :(

Congrats on your purchases, cinemaguru! Some REALLY nice equipment you have there!

O

olemj86

Audiophyte
Great!!!

I'm from Norway, and i did order 2pcs Pioneer KRP-600M form them,
got them shipped to my us adress trough myus.com , and then they shipped them to me... I have recivde them and they was stript to a pallet,
working and in great condition... Must wire the money to them because they cant charge credit card from outside US. But i will defently buy more from them. Recomanded!!!

Would have att. a picture of them, but dont know how to do it.

:)

G

gajraaj

Enthusiast
I am in Belgium and I am planning to do the same. Can you share the cost of shipping and customs duty. How did you manage the 120 > 220 V issue?

Thanks

M

musta9

Junior Audioholic
Krp600m

Hi Firstreflection, I don't know if you remember me, I last spoke to you after buying the KRP-600m. I actually have not used it yet - yes it has been over 4 months but I had it parked in the living room for a long time in its box. I was out of the country for a while and there was some difficulty with getting somebody to install the speaker system which I was waiting on inorder for them to install everythinng at one time including the TV. OK I have a disaster - its broken - the screen is cracked all over - it can only be seen if you shine a light into it. The dealer incharge of the whole installation said that he is seen this when the TV is dropped during shipping. So I am out $3000 and I can't even find replacement BestBuyPCS has it listed at 6500 - I am not sure why - alternatively I found it on a site called Art_of_sale.com at 3100 but I am not sure if it is legit. I don't know if I should get the KRp-500m instead or should I get pavasonic v10 58" I can't believe I am out 3000 + shipping. I am going to call BestBuyPCS tomorrow but I think its going to be a battle. I feel like such an idiot I thought they would reputable and so would there shipping company. I even looked at it right away when I got it but didn't turn it on. The cracks can only be seen if you shine a light on the screen and doing that didn't even pass through my mind - the dealer was the one who did it inorder to show it to me. Sorry if I seem to be in a panic but the TV was the main part of it all.....:(:mad::(:mad::(:mad:

I

isaac

Audiophyte
I just bought a Samsung UN55C7000 Full HD 3D 1080P LED TV from avindemand.com. I paid 1795.00 for it which was 900 bucks less than at the local sams club for the 7100. the only difference i can see between the two models is the color of the accents on the case. The shipping was free.

I am a tad worried about the legitimacy of this company as well and hope i don't get screwed. First time buying a big TV. Last one i bought was a 27 inch magnavox from walmart when i got married 10 years ago.

Any suggestions for protecting myself at this point?

A

A/D/S Lover

Audiophyte
I've been contemplating a purchase from this company. I've been searching all over for reviews and haven't come up with much. It is possible that it is just a 1 or 2 man operation. There was an AV dealer in my city that worked out of his home and had great pricing on things. The markup on a lot of AV gear is remarkably high, so if someone has the connections to buy at dealer cost, they could sell for a couple of hundred dollars over their cost making a decent profit and still sell it significantly below what you would pay full retail.

I emailed the company asking if they were an authorized dealer and they promptly replied with a "no" -- so at least honest about that. Knowing that, it is a gamble depending on what you're buying and whether or not you think you'd need warranty service within a year or two.

Anyway, after over a year of reading this forum to help guide some vintage purchases - my awesome A/D/S L910s and complete Luxman turntable, amp and pre-amp setup -- I finally decided to join.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis