Help with speakers for my final 2 channel bedroom setup

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'd think it'd be fine for your bedroom, altho might depend on your display somewhat, I'd worry more about it in that respect than the audio.
It's only temporary I'll probably put the Marantz back in at some point but I just need to get a new power amp the guy that bought my projector bought all my stuff and since I was using that coin to buy my final 2 Rythmik FV18's for the theater to give me 4 FV18's I was like why not? :D

It is an older Reciever so I'm just using it for now but I'll eventually pick up a decent 7 channel amp for the Marantz. Until then it'll work :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's only temporary I'll probably put the Marantz back in at some point but I just need to get a new power amp the guy that bought my projector bought all my stuff and since I was using that coin to buy my final 2 Rythmik FV18's for the theater to give me 4 FV18's I was like why not? :D

It is an older Reciever so I'm just using it for now but I'll eventually pick up a decent 7 channel amp for the Marantz. Until then it'll work :)
So now the bedroom is moving up to a 7.2 setup? And to think it started with a minimal 2.0 setup :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well the stand I bought to raise the TV to put the center channel under it on the dresserturned out to be a bust

But the nice thing about being single? I'll just put the center channel in front of the dresser the stand it's on is on sliders so I'll just move it when I need to get my underwear out :D

Eventually I'll figure something more permanent but this will work for now :D I'll senr you guys some pics when it's all setup

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well the stand I bought to raise the TV to put the center channel under it on the dresserturned out to be a bust

But the nice thing about being single? I'll just put the center channel in front of the dresser the stand it's on is on sliders so I'll just move it when I need to get my underwear out :D

Eventually I'll figure something more permanent but this will work for now :D I'll senr you guys some pics when it's all setup
You just need a good sized riser, that shouldn't be too hard to find....

Being single is definitely an advantage no matter how you decide to arrange things :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
We
So now the bedroom is moving up to a 7.2 setup? And to think it started with a minimal 2.0 setup :)
Well part of the problem Lovin is he asked for so low of a price for all of it. And I can understand him doing that and not wanting to plit it up. Splitting it up would have been a hassle and he might have had a hard time with certain peices.

So I figured just buy everything instead of trying to hassle him for the parts I wanted and risk him either holding out or selling me parts of it for less value than just buying the whole package out right

So 7.2 was not planned but for that price why not?

It'll be fun :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You just need a good sized riser, that shouldn't be too hard to find....

Being single is definitely an advantage no matter how you decide to arrange things :)
The riser is a great idea Lovin I'll look for a good one I'm not in a rush though but that will work perfect for the final solution thank you for the suggestion Lovin I can't believe I didn't think of that

Until I find the right one tho the center channel will be in front of my underwear :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The riser is a great idea Lovin I'll look for a good one I'm not in a rush though but that will work perfect for the final solution thank you for the suggestion Lovin I can't believe I didn't think of that

Until I find the right one tho the center channel will be in front of my underwear :D
TMI

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You should go to jail for theft!!!
Just think though, you could get a new totally awesome IW sub from svs for the same money. Hmmmmmm
Honestly though, great score.
A single-9/9” IW SVS sub for $2K that produces 91dB at 31.5Hz might seem overpriced to some. :D

Last edited:
K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
They do look great! Again that's what made the set I have in my bedroom (Polks). Love the look of those subs too.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
denon avr-2313ci 7.2 channel

It's an older model he threw in with the package it still works and should work fine for my bedroom

If not I have that Marantz MkII pre pro I can pull out buy another power amp for it and run them with that. Whichever solution works I'll just flip the other one for cheap get a little of my money back
That's a 4k model, unlike my old 2310ci which is only 1080p. Just lacks the newest video gadetry like Dolby Vision and HDR but should be fine for the bedroom.

P.S. - If you need the manual, it's not in Denon's archives but I found a copy here:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/58559.pdf

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
More important, how do they sound?
I'm holding off on that I made sure that they worked but I want to wall mount that TV above that dresser so I can place the center channel underneath it to let it breath properly

But unfortunately I ran into a problem wall mounting I found studs up to a certain range from the bottom and studs at the top but NOTHING in the middle where I need to wall mount it. I think they did some type of frame out.

So I'm using my theater company that helped with my theater build they also setup my living room setup for my parents. Because my parents wanted the TV mounted on the fireplace :eek: (I know I know that's an audio sacrilige but my parents wanted it that way) but the company they really know what they are doing and I don't trust myself to mount a 96lb TV on the wall if I can't find the studs

He said they can do it no problem tho so they are setup next week on Wednesday so I should have the system setup by Thursday next week and I'll send pics and photos for you guys then

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok guys hooked them up to see if they were working and just to play with them for a while. Even with sub optimal positioning and just a rudimentary manual calibration with level setting and distances these speakers sound fantastic for what I paid

The laid back tweeter works great in that room
They image well put out a good soundstage they are detailed but not bright a little towards warm in the midrange and treble but in a way that I prefer. They are tonally overall very accurate very good dynamics. The subs are clean punchy and give great response to 25hz. No real infrasonics but this works great for using this system in my bedroom to not bother my parents.

Highs detailed accurate but laid back not bright one bit not veiled however and perfect for such a bright room

Midrange great tonally accurate with a slight lean towards warmth and a touch forward more like the singer or instrumente etc are in the room like your in the front rows with your band this is a tonal quality that I like in a speaker.

Movies and music sound great very very pleased and very pleased to have an RBH system in the bedroom to pair with the one in the theater.

Pictures will get posted once the TV gets properly mounted I had to use my installer because I couldn't find studs in this wall and I didn't want to risk it but he said he can mount it no problem but he can't make it out until this Wednesday

Thank you for all your input and help guys!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Congratulations! What brand are they? Too lazy to go back and check.:p Nice and shiny. :cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis