Help with receiver and setup

W

Walomar

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

First post here. I am hoping you guys can help out. I am a complete newbie to home theatre/speaker setups, so bare with me.

I just moved into a new house and in one of the rooms, the previous owner had 5 speakers wired into the wall. He left the speakers but took the receiver and woofer. I did some google image search and the speaker seems to be the Sony DAV-FC7 system (which is quite dated). Also all of the wires come our of the opposite wall compare to where the centre speaker (and hence where my tv is). So my question is this, are their any budget receivers that I can use to power the speakers or is it better to remove them and replace them with another 5.1 system? Second since the receiver would be on the opposite wall (so about 20 feet) from my TV are there wireless options (i.e. any receivers that can wirelessly communicate to the TV) since running a cable across the room is not an option.

Just looking to see what my options are.

I have attached a picture of the speakers and the supposed reciever and sub that came with it (which I dont have).

Thank for all the help folks!

Attachments

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hi everyone,

First post here. I am hoping you guys can help out. I am a complete newbie to home theatre/speaker setups, so bare with me.

I just moved into a new house and in one of the rooms, the previous owner had 5 speakers wired into the wall. He left the speakers but took the receiver and woofer. I did some google image search and the speaker seems to be the Sony DAV-FC7 system (which is quite dated). Also all of the wires come our of the opposite wall compare to where the centre speaker (and hence where my tv is). So my question is this, are their any budget receivers that I can use to power the speakers or is it better to remove them and replace them with another 5.1 system? Second since the receiver would be on the opposite wall (so about 20 feet) from my TV are there wireless options (i.e. any receivers that can wirelessly communicate to the TV) since running a cable across the room is not an option.

Just looking to see what my options are.

I have attached a picture of the speakers and the supposed reciever and sub that came with it (which I dont have).

Thank for all the help folks!
I remember seeing advertising for those satellites ages ago . Or early 2000s
Any receiver made for home theater above 50w ch can easily power those and I suggest an active subwoofer .

Finding a good receiver is easy , just a matter of if you want new or used you can always upgrade to better speakers later on. Would make a good small room system .
Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Did you find anything??

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com