Help with energy speaker setup pls

R

Rockster

Audiophyte
I am looking at purchasing a new HT for my livingroom (20x12)
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V661
Energy speakers: RC-10 front, Minis: center and rears, Sub: S-8.3

I'm looking for very clear sound at normal volume levels, 70% music - 30% movies. Any comments if this will fill the room and will these speakers be a good match or any suggestions?
I'm prob committed to energy line because of price as I work at an outlet and can get cost on this line. Would there be a better sub for around the 200.00 range?

Any comments appreciated, from the newby...

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I am looking at purchasing a new HT for my livingroom (20x12)
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V661
Energy speakers: RC-10 front, Minis: center and rears, Sub: S-8.3

I'm looking for very clear sound at normal volume levels, 70% music - 30% movies. Any comments if this will fill the room and will these speakers be a good match or any suggestions?
I'm prob committed to energy line because of price as I work at an outlet and can get cost on this line. Would there be a better sub for around the 200.00 range?

Any comments appreciated, from the newby...
The mini's will work well with 10's because they are from the same line up and use the same drivers, only smaller. Set your x-over @ 90-100Hz and you should be good to go. However, the room you have is rather large for THAT SUB and IMO you should buy something BIGGER.
PS: I sounds like you work at FS and the Velo dls 5000 r is a much better sub priced at less than $460.00 with or without your discount.

R

Rockster

Audiophyte
Thanks for your help, I don't work at FS but at an independent store, have access to energy, jamo and a few other lesser products. I can get the RC30's for about 300.00 more but prefure the look of bookshelf on stands. Would the 30s be alot better for the room? Also one more question, I havn't got the receiver yet and can choose between yamaha and pioneer (we sell both) Im thinking the yamaha 661 because of the reveiws on here, but also like the pioneer 917 or 1017. I know pioneer doesn't have the upconverting, but I will only be running my dvd (HDMI) and cbl box (HDMI) though the receiver. Will both receivers get audio through HDMI ? which one is the better receiver to choose. Thanks for all your help!

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks for your help, I don't work at FS but at an independent store, have access to energy, jamo and a few other lesser products. I can get the RC30's for about 300.00 more but prefure the look of bookshelf on stands. Would the 30s be alot better for the room? Also one more question, I havn't got the receiver yet and can choose between yamaha and pioneer (we sell both) Im thinking the yamaha 661 because of the reveiws on here, but also like the pioneer 917 or 1017. I know pioneer doesn't have the upconverting, but I will only be running my dvd (HDMI) and cbl box (HDMI) though the receiver. Will both receivers get audio through HDMI ? which one is the better receiver to choose. Thanks for all your help!
Which receiver you buy should depend on your components and how you hook them up? Hdmi will pass all audio from the source to the receiver.
Some people will even use digital audio cables form the source to the receiver if they are lacking hdmi outputs on the receiver. If it where me, I'd buy the pioneer! Since up conversion is not a requirement you can send the signal directly to the monitor from either source and by pass the receiver.

Billy P

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis