jamo s81
https://www.jamo.com/products/s-81-cen

4x surround speakers
jamo s803
https://www.jamo.com/products/s-803

Celing speakers:
polk audio rc60i
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Ceiling-Speakers-Placement/dp/B00005T3BD

Center is super bad there i no presence in room i belive it is too small.
Now i want to buy a new center with abit more power and room presence. There is no center from visaton so i need to get difrent maker tham my main left and rignt speakers.
I am looking between

Elipson Prestige Facet 14C
Or

Svs prime center

What you all think witch one is bether or ar they both not good. I cant heare any of them in slovenia. Tnx alot

LP Primož

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

The SVS Prime Center is one of the best received and measured 3 way centers for a very competitive cost. I'm not sure how much it would be imported to your country, but if you can get it inexpensively, it's well worth it.

That 14C is a 2 way center. I would prioritize a 3 way center if you can. And make sure your center is aimed or sitting with tweeters at your ear height.

Very best,

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello all i am abit lost i had stereo setup

Main speakers
https://www.visaton.de/en/products/3-way-speakers/experience-v-20
Amp :
https://parasound.com/a21.php

Now i both denon 3700h and i made a 7.1.2
With

center:
jamo s81
https://www.jamo.com/products/s-81-cen

4x surround speakers
jamo s803
https://www.jamo.com/products/s-803

Celing speakers:
polk audio rc60i
https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Ceiling-Speakers-Placement/dp/B00005T3BD

Center is super bad there i no presence in room i belive it is too small.
Now i want to buy a new center with abit more power and room presence. There is no center from visaton so i need to get difrent maker tham my main left and rignt speakers.
I am looking between

Elipson Prestige Facet 14C
Or

Svs prime center

What you all think witch one is bether or ar they both not good. I cant heare any of them in slovenia. Tnx alot

LP Primož
A MTM center is not gonna be that good. I'd look for a 3 way or 2 way bookshelf from visaton if you can fit it above or below the screen. KEF would also be a good place to look in the Eu. Many other options.

Primozz

Primozz

Audiophyte
Tnx you all i will go with svs prime, it is a shame cos prestige facet 14c looks nice. Bit looks doesnt make them work better.

Primozz

Primozz

Audiophyte
Ok sorry for all
Now i found there is svs prime and svs ultra centers
I can get both on 200€ diference in price
What abiut that is it worth the 200eur what is the diference.
Tnx primoz

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Ok sorry for all
Now i found there is svs prime and svs ultra centers
I can get both on 200€ diference in price
What abiut that is it worth the 200eur what is the diference.
Tnx primoz
The Ultra is more refined, better components. Personally I'm not thinking its truly worth the higher price over the Prime. The Prime center is so good, it's funny how inexpensive it for what it is.

Very best,

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Ultra should be a better Speaker overall. Sadly there are no 3rd party reviews with measurements.
Here is a link to the Prime Center as measured by Erin:
It's not perfect. But if it was this or a 2-way MTM, I'd take the Prime. Between the Prime and the Ultra, I would likely spend the extra money on the Ultra.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The Ultra should be a better Speaker overall. Sadly there are no 3rd party reviews with measurements.
Here is a link to the Prime Center as measured by Erin:
It's not perfect. But if it was this or a 2-way MTM, I'd take the Prime. Between the Prime and the Ultra, I would likely spend the extra money on the Ultra.
I would too. If memory serves(which mine usually does as long as my “sometimers” doesn’t kick in), the prime tweeters were said to be harsh compered to the ultras. They’re voiced the same, but seem to recall the tweeter being the weak link.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would too. If memory serves(which mine usually does as long as my “sometimers” doesn’t kick in), the prime tweeters were said to be harsh compered to the ultras. They’re voiced the same, but seem to recall the tweeter being the weak link.
Yes yes yes I had the prime towers at one point and the ultra bookshelves the ultras tweeter was very very good I absolutely hated the primes tweeter.

My vote is for the ultra as well

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yes yes yes I had the prime towers at one point and the ultra bookshelves the ultras tweeter was very very good I absolutely hated the primes tweeter.

My vote is for the ultra as well
Thank you Daniel San! You’ve had so many speakers over the years, I had forgotten that you had the primes too, lol.
How’s dad?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you Daniel San! You’ve had so many speakers over the years, I had forgotten that you had the primes too, lol.
How’s dad?
Wild Will! Hes doing a LOT better thank you for asking he has a followup with the doc next week to see how well it's healing keeping my fingers crossed. Any prayers much appreciated my friend!

Primozz

Primozz

Audiophyte
I talked to my suplayer about speakers and his responce vas thah svs ultra is wery wery good center but due to my other speakers he told me that tweeter is not the same as my main speakers so it will be to harsh and my room is modern with little sound insulation so twiter will be the problem. What you think about that ?
I am rely sory for all the questions but i want to buy one time and good. Tnx primoz

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I talked to my suplayer about speakers and his responce vas thah svs ultra is wery wery good center but due to my other speakers he told me that tweeter is not the same as my main speakers so it will be to harsh and my room is modern with little sound insulation so twiter will be the problem. What you think about that ?
I am rely sory for all the questions but i want to buy one time and good. Tnx primoz
That is a dome tweeter even though the svs is made with aluminum domes I seriously doubt you will hear a difference especially if you buy the svs ultra center

You'd be suprised at how little you can hear a difference from mixing and matching speakers if they all measure well

In my old house I had 3 JBL 590 towers those are horn loaded speakers and use 4 SVS prime towers as my surrounds those are dome tweeter speakers. Plus 4 RSL C34E's for atmos. And it sounded fantastic.

If you have an expensive home theater and want as close to perfection as you can get then sure buy all matching speakers

But for most of us with lower budgets and regular rooms mixing and matching different speaker brands should not be an issue

I think that SVS ultra center will work just fine in your room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
We appreciate all the questions that's exactly what you should be doing. Get as much knowledge as you can before you commit your hard earned money towards this purchase. Keep asking as many questions as you feel you need too I wish more new guys would feel comfortable asking us lots of questions before they empty they're wallet!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I tend to agree with Danzilla on this.
Certainly, it would be nice to try to match up your front three as best as possible.
Barring that, get the best center you can. The more neutral it’s sound, the better it will likely fit in.

I don’t know your gear very well. Only you can make that determination for yourself, if it will work well with your other gear. Also, you don’t need to trick out your room with a bunch of acoustic panels, but just having some “stuff of life” can help soften up a room.

Easiest way would be if they would let you try it out in your room. If they have the Speaker, will they let you audition it at home?

Primozz

Primozz

Audiophyte
This is my setup and my living room.
I will get Elipson Prestige Facet 14C for a couple of days to try it out unfortunately svs ultra is too much for them to have for a tryout. i don't need to hear how the grass is growing i need only fuller sound from the center. i am leaning toward the svs but i will give a facet 14c a tryout.
maybe it will be ok for me. 500eur 14c vs 800€ svs ultra.
i know my room is not perfect. or anything near it. it is a living room. :)

Attachments

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
This is my setup and my living room.
I will get Elipson Prestige Facet 14C for a couple of days to try it out unfortunately svs ultra is too much for them to have for a tryout. i don't need to hear how the grass is growing i need only fuller sound from the center. i am leaning toward the svs but i will give a facet 14c a tryout.
maybe it will be ok for me. 500eur 14c vs 800€ svs ultra.
i know my room is not perfect. or anything near it. it is a living room. :)
That centre speaker does look a bit undersized compared to your towers. Remember that you should be able to adjust the volume of the centre using your AVR setup menu. If the centre is too quiet, you can increase the signal a few dB. If by "fuller sound" you mean that you do not like the tone of the centre, then an upgrade is in order. If the 14C does not match your towers then the SVS Ultra should be a good upgrade.

Primozz

Primozz

Audiophyte
I have +7db i belive audyssey was +5db already i shal report about 14c as you saybif 14c is not ok then svs ultra will be :)
And tnx for all the talks here ibfel safer to go with svs ultra if 14c disapoint me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis