Help needed - Marantz SR8012 Firmware

R

Ruthvab4u

Audiophyte
This is my first post in this form, I am sure I will get a good help on this. Please bear with my layman explanation.
I am using Marantz SR8012 for the past 6 Months. when I bought this system I did a Firmware update everything went cool. Last week I again got a firmware notification and went for it, After the update, I noticed that there is a problem with Dolby (Maybe Dolby upmix) , When I play an audio FLAC or WAV formate I usually play in stereo and sometimes I listen on Dolby mode, but now when trying to change on Dolby I don't get a clear music instead I get some noise mixed music that I can't hear.
I want to know 2 things,
1. Is there a way to fix this Dolby upmix, has anyone experienced this before.
2. Is there a way to revert firmware back to old version, if there is a way to do this will this fix my problem.

Thanks in advance..!!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Welcome to AH!! I would give Marantz customer service a call, speak with a service representative about the issue your having. Also go on their wedsite check the comment section see if anyone else has reported that issue, could be in the FAQ section. That Marantz unit is a nice one, Again welcome to AH! I’m sure one or more of the ole timers will chime in, some of those guys are very technical with tons of experience great guys to get know!!

Mike

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
R

Ruthvab4u

Audiophyte
Thanks for the Quick Response... I bought this set in Singapore and now I am using this in India. Not sure how the support will work. I will contact Singapore Marantz and see.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you do update via usb or wifi? If the former you might try downloading the update and try again via usb?

Good luck in getting support in India for something purchased in Singapore...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did my update via WiFi.....
Often not recommended due potential problems. I misworded my previous post (now amended). Are you going to try reloading the firmware update via usb drive instead?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis