P

parkwood1cb

Audiophyte
I'm confused....I have a Harmon Kardon AVR 135,Harmon Kardon DVD 22, Comcast DVR/HD cable box and a Toshiba rear projection TV. How do I connect them up? I have a 2 sets of monster component cables, 1 coax and 1 optical cable and analog audio cables?. I thought I had it right....

The AVR cuts out when watching movies and the picture quality on the DVD stinks. I know I've got something messed up. Should I have all outputs used up on the back of the TV? Something seems amiss.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
DVD and cable box use component cables into the component input jacks on the receiver. Third component set of cables run from the receivers component output jacks to the input of the rptv.

For the audio run a digital coax line from the digital output of the dvd player to the digital coax input of the the receiver.

For the audio of the cable box run a fiber optic cable or a digital coax cable from the cable box digital optic/coax output to the receivers' input.

Make sure to read all instruction manuals first and follow their instructions. Then you need to set up the hardware as well. You have to tell the components what they are going to do.

Good luck

P

parkwood1cb

Audiophyte
Thanks I'm going to look at everything again now. The manuals lose me half the time. I guess the main one I need to worry about is the AVR?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis