HELP: Legacy OR Monitor Audio 5.1 set-up? Huge $ decison that I do not want to regret

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wise words from Gene!

My recommendation to the original poster is to go with the Legacys. They are the better performers, and their fit and finish is superior. The Legacy dual AMT is far superior to the Monitor Audio top end and the Legacy is more dynamic.
Even though the OP thought the Monitor Audio sounded a little better than the Legacy? Just buy the Legacy anyway even if he thought the MA sounded better? :confused:

H

HifiSystems1

Enthusiast
I recommended the Legacy to the OP because, as he mentioned, he can place the speakers close to the rear wall without ill effect. Since the Monitor Audio speaker has a rear port, it is more desirable to have the sealed system on the Legacy. Also the OP mentioned, the Legacy employs a thicker cabinet making it more inert and, given the driver complement, better for bass response. At 110 lbs, the Legacy is significantly more speaker than the 60 lb Monitor Audio.

As was mentioned any speaker will sound different once the OP gets it home and into his unique room with his unique components. However given the size of the room and the placement of the speakers, the Legacy, by design will outperform the Monitor Audio.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

A

addictaudio

Audioholic
Any idea of when Clint is going to post his review of the Legacy Focus SE? I believe that Legacy sent him the speakers in late November/beginning of December.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis