Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Went to see Hellboy at The Dolby theatre near me. We left after 45 minutes. Horrible.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The Hellboy character does not look or sound like Ron Perlman. That is a bad sign inmho. Did you ask for a refund? Sounds like it must really be bad given that you only watched 45-minutes of it. :eek: Thanks for the heads-up!

Cheers,

Phil

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
No refund, I have an AMC pass good for up to 3 movies a week. I don’t think it was Perlman, but I don’t think it would have mattered.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Went to see Hellboy at The Dolby theatre near me. We left after 45 minutes. Horrible.
I was kind off interested in this one was it the plot, the acting, bad storyline, or kind off a little of all of the above?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No refund, I have an AMC pass good for up to 3 movies a week. I don’t think it was Perlman, but I don’t think it would have mattered.
No, Perlman was NOT in it. Read that here under the Development heading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellboy_(2019_film)

I picked up on that right away when watching the previews. That alone gave me a bad feeling. Have always thought that Perlman played the character Hellboy very well. Kind of a quirky sense of humor most of the time.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
funny cause I started watching the second hellboy the other night. "golden army"
I had to turn it off as well, just dumb imo.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I was kind off interested in this one was it the plot, the acting, bad storyline, or kind off a little of all of the above?
All of the above. It takes a lot for me to walk out of a movie, this one was easy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Is this a remake of the first Hellboy movie or another chapter so to speak?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Hellboy was hell to watch, it's the police offcer from Stranger Things who plays Hellboy this time around. I rate it just above Sherlock Holmes (Will Farrell),but not by much. The rumor is that they made the movie so they could keep the license. Either way, that was even too terrible to go straight to Netflix.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Hellboy was hell to watch, it's the police offcer from Stranger Things who plays Hellboy this time around. I rate it just above Sherlock Holmes (Will Farrell),but not by much. The rumor is that they made the movie so they could keep the license. Either way, that was even too terrible to go straight to Netflix.
Good to know thanks

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I definitely want to see it, but I agree with some of the reviews. The marketing department should have done a much better job delineating it from the first two and it should have had a different title. They didn't do enough to set expectations where they needed to be for the viewers. I think with a better marketing strategy it would have performed better at the box office and done more to set expectations for what the movie was going to be and the tone they were taking. I get the reviewer score on rotten tomatoes, but it didn't get that bad of an audience score. Imma still watch it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis