Heaviest vintage audio & video technology?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I came across a little pretentious, I spend so much time reading and trying to absorb the information here, I got excited when I had knowledge to contribute. So to keep in that vein, water also exerts .433 lbs per foot of head pressure, regardless of volume. I do enjoy this place, my apologies for the self righteous spewing of water facts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
No worries that's a little factoid that I will remember.:)

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No worries that's a little factoid that I will remember.:)
Anyone want to get rid of a Panasonic HD projection TV? Yeah

Pictures probably better The most LED TVs must be something wrong with it

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Anyone want to get rid of a Panasonic HD projection TV? Yeah

Pictures probably better The most LED TVs must be something wrong with it

Free the reptile aliens
You're like an electronics redneck. The theme will be complete and you might even level up when you make your cinder block stands. Then you can put all your non working "vintage" electronics and bondo'd speakers up on blocks and tell the neighbors you're gonna fix them and make mad profits, but never get around to it until eventually weeds start growing up through the chassis and cabinets... :p

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You're like an electronics redneck. The theme will be complete and you might even level up when you make your cinder block stands. Then you can put all your non working "vintage" electronics and bondo'd speakers up on blocks and tell the neighbors you're gonna fix them and make mad profits, but never get around to it until eventually weeds start growing up through the chassis and cabinets... :p
Yeah maybe projector TVs just suck ? If they looked real good wouldn’t had stopped making them . Yet are also super heavy so much so there given away for free . Plus expensive bulb replacements.guess oled and led are way to go !

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Now that’s a slim super heavy tv.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Krell MRA monoblocks clock in at 683 lbs (309 kg) apiece.

MRA 750_2.jpg
17f54a765d84939d38ff21db4624a2e6.jpg
24662.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are monsters, I would love to see the internal build quality in this amplifier. Those capacitors maybe huge.
Me too! I just spent a meaningful period of time trying to find an image and the best I could find was one from the brochure, which doesn't show a lot.

h_mra_explosion.jpg

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
Me too! I just spent a meaningful period of time trying to find an image and the best I could find was one from the brochure, which doesn't show a lot.

View attachment 32636
Oh, I appreciate the effort, maybe I can try myself if I could try to find a service manual, I don't know if that is possible. But I will give it a try.

I'm shearing a link not of the same model Amplifier, but is a Krell branding just to have a little peak of the internals, These Capacitors are like light pole transformers, I'm exaggerating here, but they are huge.
here: https://www.audioshark.org/amplifiers-8/vintage-krell-innards-7071.html

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, I appreciate the effort, maybe I can try myself if I could try to find a service manual, I don't know if that is possible. But I will give it a try.

I'm shearing a link not of the same model Amplifier, but is a Krell branding just to have a little peak of the internals, These Capacitors are like light pole transformers, I'm exaggerating here, but they are huge.
here: https://www.audioshark.org/amplifiers-8/vintage-krell-innards-7071.html
No biggie. I was curious myself anyway. They look like blue 20 gallon barrels, lol.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
No biggie. I was curious myself anyway. They look like blue 20 gallon barrels, lol.
An amp that’ size must cost as much as a Ferrari wow look spectacular.... best amp in world ??
Probably need a bobcat to move one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It's not AV gear, but the king of huge electronics has always been ENIAC!

The original electronic computer, took the space of an entire large room, 100kHz clock speed.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It's not AV gear, but the king of huge electronics has always been ENIAC!

The original electronic computer, took the space of an entire large room, 100kHz clock speed.

Gia’s pyramid some type of power plant ehh fun stuff !!
This is the worlds biggest science fiction machine something no one today would know how to repair..

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis