Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
What does that have to do with a supposedly "good, well-founded reason" for the Catholic Church's position on birth control?
Why are you quizzing me on the merits of Catholicism, and their reasoning, if you are not interested in following the faith of Christianity via the Catholic Chuch?

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
One certainly doesn't need to be a macho-perfect cowboy to get the girl, so to speak. Everyone has flaws and imperfections. The point is to realize that even that cute lady has flaws as well, and she's not perfect either, so maybe it's a little less intimidating to approach her with that mindset. I think the problem with Joe is more in the mind than it is his physical nature.
Of course not Halon. I wasn't suggesting that. But teeth that are skewed at 180' can be straightened, though I don't believe Joe's to be that bad.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Why are you quizzing me on the merits of Catholicism, and their reasoning, if you are not interested in following the faith of Christianity via the Catholic Chuch?
Because you claimed the existence of a "good, well founded reason" without saying what that reason was.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Because you claimed the existence of a "good, well founded reason" without saying what that reason was.
But...you don't believe in God, you have no faith, and do not believe in organized religion on any level. Why would I attempt to convince or persuade you Schmoe? I believe I'd have better luck making a river flow upstream.

Is this stereo, or did you just answer my question for the fire-god? Can't you each respond to that question which is asked of you? Stereo...but not in a good way. :p

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, Nimrod, that's pretty good as well. But I've found myself loving her entire body...provided it's the "right woman." :p;)
This one's for Joe...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I did not bring up the subject first. You claimed that there is a good reason for the Catholic position on birth control, and I would like to hear it (or read it, for those who are anal retentive). Why did you say there was a good reason for it, if you had no wish to discuss the matter?

As things are, I know of no good reason for the Catholic position on birth control.* And if there is no good reason for it, then I do not want to follow that form of Christianity. I do not want to belong to a group that has silly rules that are not based upon any good reason. However, if you convince us that it is all very reasonable, then you might actually get someone to consider your religion.

* There is a motive that fits with the growth of a religion, however, as a religion that advocates no birth control will tend to automatically get new members, whereas one that advocates complete abstinence from sex (e.g., the Shakers) will have a harder time getting new members.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Is this stereo, or did you just answer my question for the fire-god? Can't you each respond to that question which is asked of you? Stereo...but not in a good way. :p
Well, Mr. nit-picky about language, surely you didn't think that you could make such a claim here and not be hounded about it.:rolleyes:
Also, while you are not going to get me to believe your "reason" is valid (without putting it on a scientific foundation), you could at least prove that you know of some reason.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I am amazed that there have been no responses to my rant about the "male behavior modification program".

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
But...you don't believe in God, you have no faith, and do not believe in organized religion on any level. Why would I attempt to convince or persuade you Schmoe? I believe I'd have better luck making a river flow upstream.

Let me get this straight: Are you saying that you do not wish to convince people who disagree with you? So you want him to remain an atheist?

If you really had a good reason for your position, don't you think that telling people about it might actually convince some of them?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Asterilization is more effective, easier to use, and cheaper in the long run, than any other form of birth control.
Nobody is getting anywhere near my family jewels with a scalpel, at least if I have any choice in the matter.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I am amazed that there have been no responses to my rant about the "male behavior modification program".
We're too busy having fun with everything else you've said, we'll get around to it. You give us a lot of material to work with Joe. :D

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Let me get this straight: Are you saying that you do not wish to convince people who disagree with you? So you want him to remain an atheist?
Hmm. Let me spell it out for you nonbelievers. The existence of God is real, and the belief in Him is faith-based. Those who refuse to believe I cannot persuade...nor do I care to attempt to persuade.

If you really had a good reason for your position, don't you think that telling people about it might actually convince some of them?
Ahhh. Thomas the doubter. That's an old one Pyrrho...you have to do a little better than that for me. As previously stated, you now write of matters of faith, and it is useless to speak of faith matters to nonbelievers. But believe me, I do have good reason, and that is enough for me. Your questioning is apparently set up for an argument in circular logic, and I do not care to waste the energy. Convert? Confess?

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Nobody is getting anywhere near my family jewels with a scalpel, at least if I have any choice in the matter.
Sissy! Afraid of band-aid surgery!

Some women, by the way, are quite grateful of a man being brave* and considerate, and reward him appropriately. Of course, this presupposes one is already attached to the woman in order for her to be grateful.

* It does not really take much bravery, of course, it simply takes not being a craven coward.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Hmm. Let me spell it out for you nonbelievers. The existence of God is real, and the belief in Him is faith-based. Those who refuse to believe I cannot persuade...nor do I care to attempt to persuade.

Ahhh. Thomas the doubter. That's an old one Pyrrho...you have to do a little better than that for me. As previously stated, you now write of matters of faith, and it is useless to speak of faith matters to nonbelievers. But believe me, I do have good reason, and that is enough for me. Your questioning is apparently set up for an argument in circular logic, and I do not care to waste the energy. Convert? Confess?
You now seem to be telling us that you lied before. Now, you seem to say the Catholic position on birth control is a matter of faith, not of reason. Please don't tell us there is a good reason for something, and then tell us that it is a matter of faith. Please keep your story straight.

If you have a good reason for the Catholic position on birth control, fine, let's hear it. But if you don't have a good reason for it, please don't lie and tell us you do.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
You now seem to be telling us that you lied before. Now, you seem to say the Catholic position on birth control is a matter of faith, not of reason. Please don't tell us there is a good reason for something, and then tell us that it is a matter of faith. Please keep your story straight.

If you have a good reason for the Catholic position on birth control, fine, let's hear it. But if you don't have a good reason for it, please don't lie and tell us you do.
??? :confused:

How old are you? I ask, because this has already been explained. Why does the Catholic position concern and trouble you so much? We're not threatening. We mean no harm. Truly. You've read that in your fables...not the Gospel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis