Have I been stood up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
When i was single i had a plan & it worked like a champ,i would ask every girl i met out to party,forget that date for coffee crap,ask them to go get hammered with you,toke a few bad ones,pour a ton of gin down their necks & your in like flint.
Nice. Unfortunately, I don't drink,smoke, or touch drugs. I prefer women wh don't do those things either.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
My experience with online dating so far is that there are plenty of women who are happy to exchange a few emails, but none who are interested in taking the next step by actually meeting in person.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I will never understand women. :rolleyes:
I met my wife going on six years ago now, and you know what? I still haven't figured her out... :( We male creatures are not meant to comprehend the feminine nature - it's like peering into the face of God; yeah, we could see it, but the knowledge would shred our souls apart. :cool:

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
My experience with online dating so far is that there are plenty of women who are happy to exchange a few emails, but none who are interested in taking the next step by actually meeting in person.

And you want to meet them? If so, submit the emails so we can dissect them. I'm not submitting that you change your entire person, but stating things differently can be easily done, if one so desires. Remember: you're on a mission here.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Nice. Unfortunately, I don't drink,smoke, or touch drugs. I prefer women wh don't do those things either.
Good on ya Joe. ;) You're walking a rather fine line it seems - most of the younger, more available women probably still have the college mentality, and enjoy the single lifestyle which includes most if not all of the above. Those that are older, and a little wiser to the ways of the world - well, most of them are hitched, so you're looking in a very narrow passage that unfortunately has few offerings - but it could also be a blessing in disguise. You're in a prime spot to snatch up all those divorcees who ended up actually marrying that dude they went home from the bar with back when they were 22 - so you just have to see where you fall into the plot.

Chin up soldier - get out there and become some lucky girl's "The One". :D

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Good on ya Joe. ;) You're walking a rather fine line it seems - most of the younger, more available women probably still have the college mentality, and enjoy the single lifestyle which includes most if not all of the above. Those that are older, and a little wiser to the ways of the world - well, most of them are hitched, so you're looking in a very narrow passage that unfortunately has few offerings - but it could also be a blessing in disguise. You're in a prime spot to snatch up all those divorcees who ended up actually marrying that dude they went home from the bar with back when they were 22 - so you just have to see where you fall into the plot.

You sound like a seasoned "pick-up" artist..:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
If "The One" is looking for a tee-totalling, Bush-hating, atheist, environmentalist it's all good.:D Maybe you should be looking for dates at the Hillary's local campaign office?:eek:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
And you want to meet them? If so, submit the emails so we can dissect them. I'm not submitting that you change your entire person, but stating things differently can be easily done, if one so desires. Remember: you're on a mission here.
I can't even begin to list all the things that are wrong with that suggestion from an ethical standpoint. Probably a legal standpoint, also!:eek:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
If "The One" is looking for a tee-totalling, Bush-hating, atheist, environmentalist it's all good.:D Maybe you should be looking for dates at the Hillary's local campaign office?:eek:
Outstanding suggestion! If I am going to find a tee-totalling, Bush-hating, atheist, environmentalist anywhere, it will be there!:D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Those that are older, and a little wiser to the ways of the world - well, most of them are hitched,
Even tougher is that the few teetotallers tend to be religious. Drinkers don't bother me though, provided it is in moderation (can't stand a lush.)
Smoking is a deal breaker. The sexiest woman on the planet could offer me a date and I would turn her down if she smokes. (It is not just smoking in my presence that I object to. Smokers have hideous breath and that putrid smell oozes from their pores.)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Smoking is a deal breaker. The sexiest woman on the planet could offer me a date and I would turn her down if she smokes. .)
The sexiest woman on the planet? She could be smoking crack while I was having at her and I don't think I would care. Then again, I'm a crack addict.
Butt crack that is.:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I married two smokers before I ever smoked my first cigarette. But then again, I had to cast a wide net to find a woman who was looking for a prematurely balding, fat, lazy, cynical, sarcastic, atheist, libertarian/conservative. See, it's not impossible to find the right one, but it might take some compromise.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Even tougher is that the few teetotallers tend to be religious. Drinkers don't bother me though, provided it is in moderation (can't stand a lush.)
Smoking is a deal breaker. The sexiest woman on the planet could offer me a date and I would turn her down if she smokes. (It is not just smoking in my presence that I object to. Smokers have hideous breath and that putrid smell oozes from their pores.)
Joe, you're simply inconsolable aren't you? :p:D

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The sexiest woman on the planet? She could be smoking crack while I was having at her and I don't think I would care. Then again, I'm a crack addict.
Butt crack that is.:D
Sometimes smokers at work need something from me. It is all I can do not to gag while they are in my office.
She could look like Rachael Wiesz, but if she smokes it is a no-go.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Even left-winger liberals need love too! :p
Actually, I am not politically active enough to consider politics an issue in a relationship. Religion isn't an issue either, unless she wants me to go to church with her.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Outstanding suggestion! If I am going to find a tee-totalling, Bush-hating, atheist, environmentalist anywhere, it will be there!:D
So. Now they can't drink, smoke (what do you do? :p), or be spiritual (you wrote religious)? No wonder you're having a tough time. :p;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis