Have a question on the crown XTI 6002

M

MuvLuv

Audiophyte
You don't think home speakers are for music?
Not as good as pro speakers for sound, there is no one trick pony if there was companies would just make one item to maximize profit, when they make multiple product it actually eats into their profit. So home speakers suck for music compared to pro and pro sucks when watching entertainment compared to home speakers. There is no one trick pony please don’t confuse what I say and in the end if you’re happy with what you got who am I to say any different? If you’re not happy with the sound keep on upgrading.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I only have to learn about components I don’t already own so not much for me to learn. There is no such thing as a one trick pony except God, now with that out of the way this is what I meant to say, pro audio is for music and home HiFI is for home entertainment , if you listen to more music like me go pro, if you watch “entertainment“ go with home HiFI. No one trick pony, pro for music and HiFI for entertainment
No, Grasshopper, you have very much to learn. (Don't know if you'll get that very old Kung Fu reference.)

I would not use pro speakers in a home environment. As panteragstk mentioned, they are designed for large open spaces and can not match the characteristics of properly designed home speakers in the typical sized room. They're just not designed for that purpose. Pro amps also have different specs as far as THD and noise levels go. In a pro setting, you don't have to worry about background noise or hiss. You're more concerned about having large dynamics and high SPL levels. Some of those amps will have audible hiss in a quiet home settings, which can be down right annoying. Don't rely on a single discussion thread and assume that it's the holy grail of audio advice. There is a lot to learn in this hobby and after 30 years I am still learning new things.

M

MuvLuv

Audiophyte
No, Grasshopper, you have very much to learn. (Don't know if you'll get that very old Kung Fu reference.)

I would not use pro speakers in a home environment. As panteragstk mentioned, they are designed for large open spaces and can not match the characteristics of properly designed home speakers in the typical sized room. They're just not designed for that purpose. Pro amps also have different specs as far as THD and noise levels go. In a pro setting, you don't have to worry about background noise or hiss. You're more concerned about having large dynamics and high SPL levels. Some of those amps will have audible hiss in a quiet home settings, which can be down right annoying. Don't rely on a single discussion thread and assume that it's the holy grail of audio advice. There is a lot to learn in this hobby and after 30 years I am still learning new things.
I nearly solved all my hiss and hum problems using mostly pro equipment so you’re wrong in that aspect of quiet listening. I’ll say this even at low volume the sound from system can be heard quite clearly, when it’s loud it’s like you’re right next to them a floor or 2 away which is great, and I live in a city where noise is all around so louder is better, in a forest or cave that is dead silent maybe then but still I doubt it loud and clear is better for it can also play low and clear just very hard to get there

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I nearly solved all my hiss and hum problems using mostly pro equipment so you’re wrong in that aspect of quiet listening. I’ll say this even at low volume the sound from system can be heard quite clearly, when it’s loud it’s like you’re right next to them a floor or 2 away which is great, and I live in a city where noise is all around so louder is better, in a forest or cave that is dead silent maybe then but still I doubt it loud and clear is better for it can also play low and clear just very hard to get there
I don't deny the quality of your gear, just the implication that pro gear will always be better than home gear. To quote your own post, there is no such thing as a one trick pony. There is pro gear that can outperform some home gear and home gear that will outperform some pro gear. It depends on the quality and the intended purpose, so most generalizations like that just don't hold water.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis