Have a friend in early 50's needing an LVAD for congestive heart failure. Need positive vibes.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Have a friend for the past 20 years that started complaining of fatigue. Went to the Primary and was referred out. Heart volume came back @ 8%. This is most likely a knock of effect of chemo at 13.

Doctor want to put in a left ventricular assist device. While I'm glad the option is out there it's bitter sweet because it's use is for final stage heart failure.

Just another reminder we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.

Last edited:
H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Have a friend for the past 20 years that started complaining of fatigue. Went to the Primary and was referred out. Heart volume came back @ 8%. This is most likely a knock of effect of chemo at 13.

Doctor want to put in a left ventricular assist device. While I'm glad the option is out there it's bitter sweet because it's use is for final stage heart failure.

Just another reminder we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.
Well my goodness I'm very sorry to hear that. Very sad indeed. I hope you have many years with your friend to come.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm certainly very sorry to hear that too.

But that news can be seen two different ways. The "glass half empty" view sees it as requiring treatment meant for final stage congestive heart failure.

The "glass half full" view sees it differently. Your friend survived drastic chemotherapy at age 13 (was it childhood leukemia?) and lived far longer than others who had that same disease, but who came before him. That was an option never previously imagined. In that sense, he's a medical pioneer. I hope the LVAD allows your friend to live longer without serious problems.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to see this. All the best to your friend.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
This is my "pick me up" song (please don't mind its triviality):
What makes my heart warm up and flood me with calm content is when I realize that I've met at least one person in my life that; "gets lighter the more it gets dark" that's when I feel I already won!

Your friend having you to ask good vibes for him... That is about as good as it gets. I can only hope someone would do the same for me. Being beyond real tragedy is when you have been loved so it becomes impossible to leave not knowing what it is.

Make him ask his MD about Resveratrol in Pinot Noir and then you two should have a glass!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Sending positive thoughts your way!
Best wishes for your friend!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis