stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey did I miss a thread somewhere? I haven't seen anyone's reaction to the movie. I thought it was a little long, but not too bad.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Same thought as all the others made for the masses fun movies with quiet a few plot holes. The worst part was seeing it in the theater, but I was forced. All in all an enjoyable flick.

Pheaton

Pheaton

Audioholic
Saw it in IMAX

Hi,
I actually went to see the movie in IMAX. The ending was redone in 3D. Overall I enjoyed the movie. It was not even close to the book, but then I did not expect that. For what it was I was entertained. The ending sequence in 3D was fun, and it didn't hurt that it was on a 65 foot screen.:D I noticed the music a little more in this one, I might have to go out and pick up the soundtrack.

Pheaton

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Hey did I miss a thread somewhere? I haven't seen anyone's reaction to the movie. I thought it was a little long, but not too bad.
Mixed feelings about this one - while they did a pretty good job of stream-lining the book down to movie length, a few things were badly handled - the whole Cho Chang storyline should have been dropped entirely as far as I'm concerned, if they didn't have the time to spare to really deal with it. A few parts of the movie are probably incomprehensible if you aren't already quite familiar with the overall storyline (a safe bet for 99% of the audience, but still).

Of course, every book from #4 on is so packed full of plot, sub-plots, and characters (and pages and pages and pages of exposition) that they're really difficult to fit into a standard film. At this point they'd make better mini-series.

Daniel Radcliffe has really developed into quite a good actor. I'm glad, because he's going to need to act up a storm for the next two installments if the books are any indication. Actually, the acting was pretty darn good all around. Good music. Voldemort and the Death Eaters are creepy as heck.

The third movie is still the best in my opinion - that move had style! I'm hoping Cuaron is brought back for the last one.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
defintely too fast-paced. according to IMDB, this was the longest book, but the shortest movie (by some 15 minutes). maybe there's a director's cut coming that will explain things better. I'd say it was the second best of the group, to the first one.

I have not read the books, but why call it "The Order of the Phoenix" when all those guys disappear after the first ten minute...

AUtiger

AUtiger

Junior Audioholic
I agree with previous posts. BUT the new book is GREAT!!!!!

majorloser

majorloser

I'm having a tough time not making comments about a caveman asking about Harry (hairy) Potter :rolleyes:

But anyway, the movie was great. Definitely a darker story line and the filming reflects this. Worthy of catching on the big screen.

I will state that I have not read any of the books, yet. (Yes, there are still some of us out there) I need to starting reading them now before the rest of the films come out, though.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I'm having a tough time not making comments about a caveman asking about Harry (hairy) Potter :rolleyes:

But anyway, the movie was great. Definitely a darker story line and the filming reflects this. Worthy of catching on the big screen.

I will state that I have not read any of the books, yet. (Yes, there are still some of us out there) I need to starting reading them now before the rest of the films come out, though.
Hairy Potter, damn that's good! How could I've missed that one?

CaliHwyPatrol

CaliHwyPatrol

Audioholic Chief
As movies go, I thought it was fun, but as someone else has said, they took the longest book and turned it into the shortest movie. It still wasn't as bad as the 3rd movie, which was about as far as you could get from the books as possible without having major plot issues. I'll definitely be adding it to my collection. (my signature came from the HP series)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I had the same reaction that you did, S-man. I did enjoy the acting a bit more in this one over the others. Those kids are definitely getting the hang of it. And somehow I got the feeling that the audio was a step above the first three flicks. I could be wrong. (As usual.)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The movie that just came out is the movie for book 5. The latest (and last) book is book 7.

Yes, except he said:

The new book is 7 even per your post and he said it is great. I would suppose that he must have read it either totally or most to say it was great, or just a general comment that it is great that it is out?

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, except he said:

The new book is 7 even per your post and he said it is great. I would suppose that he must have read it either totally or most to say it was great, or just a general comment that it is great that it is out?
Hm.

I'm illiterate. Don't mind me.

:)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I forgot to mention the oddity we experienced while seeing this movie. We went to the matinee this last Saturday. The theater, though in a small, tourist town, is a large multiplex. HP was showing in one of the larger rooms which seat perhaps 500+.

Viewing the film...me, the missus, 4 other adults, and a maybe 10 year old. Seven people! We got there early thinking there'd be a line out front! :eek:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I had the same reaction that you did, S-man. I did enjoy the acting a bit more in this one over the others. Those kids are definitely getting the hang of it. And somehow I got the feeling that the audio was a step above the first three flicks. I could be wrong. (As usual.)
My understanding is they're set for life, good for them.

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
order of the pheonix was my verry least favorite book.
I'm working on book 7.

I think they cut out quite a bit of the book but I didn't mind. The Cho thing... they had to say something to it as the built it last episode.

Umbridge was freaky.. Not as my minds eye or the book had her, but a great replacement IMHO.

I liked the triwiz the best for the movies, even if they did cut out a bunch and the ending went to fast... all in all this movie did a good job of bringing to life the worst book of the series.

AUtiger

AUtiger

Junior Audioholic
Book 7 HP & the Deadly Hallows is one that is hard to put down if your an HP fan. I did have some problems with part of the ending, but overall it was a page turner.:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis