Happy Thanks Giving Weekend to all :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
To her ham is New year's. Turkey is Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Thanksgiving was turkey in our family for the most part, altho an occasional roast beef or ham. Christmas was more the reverse, more roast beef or ham than the occasional turkey. New Year's wasn't a family meal, we all went separate ways for the most part for the parties.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Thanksgiving was turkey in our family for the most part, altho an occasional roast beef or ham. Christmas was more the reverse, more roast beef or ham than the occasional turkey. New Year's wasn't a family meal, we all went separate ways for the most part for the parties.
My grandmother always made us eat black eyed peas for new years. Good luck apparently. Traditions are weird.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Is that like 2?

They have so few.
May seem like it, but I've also been to 94% of the US states so it's not surprising. I've even been to PEI. Met some Newfies but haven't been there...yet.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
We typically do turkey on Thanksgiving but not on Christmas, usually ham or a combination of beef roast, leg of lamb even swordfish, all depending on who's cooking. A lot of people think it's odd not having Turkey on Christmas, but I enjoy the buffet of food.
I don't think it's weird. But then I follow along the lines of whatever feeds a big family, is filling, and has people in a good mood is a good thing. I'd love a good Christmas lasagna or taco bar.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
May seem like it, but I've also been to 94% of the US states so it's not surprising. I've even been to PEI. Met some Newfies but haven't been there...yet.
I see you haven't rec'd the memo ... Newfy is Canada's 'N' word. You're not allowed to call unemployed white alcoholics names. They're sensitive. :rolleyes:

Edit: I might have said "we're sensitive" but that would have been less rude.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I see you haven't rec'd the memo ... Newfy is Canada's 'N' word. You're not allowed to call unemployed white alcoholics names. They're sensitive. :rolleyes:

Oh...so all those Newfie jokes I heard when in Canada are now severely non-PC?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord

You insensitive biatch!!!! ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It was turkey...followed by the next day of turkey leftovers followed by the next day of turkey soup but I chose a bowl of Shreddies and a beer instead. Its almost done. Even our 2 dogs who scrounge 24/7 are saying "nahhh" i'll eat my own sh?t instead"

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis