highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
exactly, since the election paranoia has taken hold. Even .22 rimfire is through the roof, if you can find it. Just like back in the beginning of the Obama years. I load my own for both shotguns and rifles and still have plenty of components on hand to do so.
I watched a video from the CEO of Federal (and their other brands)- they can't keep up with demand. Millions o f guns have been sold in the last year, mainly the most popular calibers and when people buy a gun, they need ammo. 7 million guns plus two boxes of ammo means they need 700 million rounds and that's without people buying it in order to replenish what was used at the range or for hunting. Then, they also need to fulfill Law Enforcement and Military contracts.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
We need a national database of gun ownership and monitor ammo sales.

Spare me the privacy issue/rights argument. If that's the case, stop shopping on Amazon or the intergoogle.

If you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal?

And more importantly it would help law enforcement, in solving gun related murders or crimes.

I'm just trying to engineer the problem down, not take away your 'precious' gun away.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
On the Next Door forum (neighborhood connections), someone commented that New Year's Eve sounded like a battle zone and after a few other comments from people, someone posted about firing guns randomly during some kind of celebration (or, venting) and called it 'recreational shooting'. I called her on it and posted that it wasn't 'recreational', it was irresponsible & stupid, then posted the four rules of firearm handling/safety. Guess whose account was suspended for 5 days.....

I haven't done it, but I hear firing automatic weapons is a lot of fun. OTOH, that kind of fun can get out of hand quickly, if the shooter doesn't understand what the gun does when in that mode (drifting upward and to one side, usually).

The number of guns you own used to be your business- now that you made it public, it's everyone's info, to use as they see fit.

If a firearm database was used, ONLY the legal gun owners would be impacted- people with access to illegal guns wouldn't be affected, at all. The government would only have some idea who has guns, but only as of the date of receipt if they were transferred via FFL and some kind of shipper. If they barge into a place like Bud's Guns to see the sales/shipping records, it would be easy to see that the government would have a helluva battle- firearm sales jumped something like 85% in the last year and it was more than during Obama's first year in office.

This country has so many violent people and nothing is being done about that- trying to control who gets guns isn't going to solve it because it doesn't address the actual problem.
True, legal gun owners would be impacted by a database. But, and I've said this here before, the guy that shot up Vegas wouldn't have been able to do what he did had there been a national database. Him buying so many guns so quickly would have been flagged since he hadn't bought any before. Lots of legal guns are used in shootings.

Illegal guns are a whole other ballgame and that really has nothing at all to do with legal gun ownership. Those guns need to be off the street/out of circulation no matter what. Everyone should agree on that.

highfigh

highfigh

We need a national database of gun ownership and monitor ammo sales.

Spare me the privacy issue/rights argument. If that's the case, stop shopping on Amazon or the intergoogle.

If you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal?

And more importantly it would help law enforcement, in solving gun related murders or crimes.

I'm just trying to engineer the problem down, not take away your 'precious' gun away.
Who are you responding to?

The reality is that criminals don't give a rat's behind about laws and rules. Make guns illegal and someone will either keep their guns because they're already a criminal or, by keeping guns after they're outlawed, they have become a criminal.

As I have mentioned, I listen to a Police scanner app and you would be amazed by the number of times they find someone who has a gun illegally (could be a felon, or they carry without having a CCW permit). Gunfire is all too common in some places and I'm freaking tired of it, but the larger cities seem to have a problem with enforcing the laws because they have been handcuffed by the local leadershit or are just outnumbered. Look at Milwaukee and Chicago as prime examples- murder is up, as are carjacking/theft, high speed chases resulting in death and other violent crimes but here, all I see and hear after shootings is "Something has to be done about this" and "Where were the Police, to prevent this?".

Damned hard to do something about these problems when the vast majority of murders are in a relatively small area and nobody wants to be called a snitch. It's damned hard when the Fire & Police Commission denotes the chief, selects a temporary replacement who was planning to retire shortly after the appointment and can't decide on a new permanent chief, so leadership is A) temporary and B) not accustomed to being at the top of the LEO food chain.

highfigh

highfigh

True, legal gun owners would be impacted by a database. But, and I've said this here before, the guy that shot up Vegas wouldn't have been able to do what he did had there been a national database. Him buying so many guns so quickly would have been flagged since he hadn't bought any before. Lots of legal guns are used in shootings.

Illegal guns are a whole other ballgame and that really has nothing at all to do with legal gun ownership. Those guns need to be off the street/out of circulation no matter what. Everyone should agree on that.
A guy who wasn't legally supposed to have any guns bought at least one from a private seller before he went to the salon where his estranged wife worked, to shoot her and anyone else who was in the way. He killed three, then himself.

Another idiot (White supremicist) went to a Sikh temple with his legally-bought gun and killed six before himself, also shooting the first responding officer fifteen times (the officer survived). This pinhead had been in the military, but had been demoted and reprimanded for drinking/going AWOL. After his service, he moved back to Colorado, where he lost at least one job because of drinking.

I listened to news report for this one as it was happening- the son of the temple leader was talking to the radio station and ended the call by saying "I need to go- my father has been shot". His father died.

As it turns out, he bought the gun from a store that has sold other guns used in crimes and if it's the one I think, they have a long history of this. He paid cash and the shop owner said the shooter raised no suspicions. That community has a few gun shops and I won't go to two of them, after my last experiences. The one doesn't watch the range closely enough and the other doesn't care where the money comes from, as long as they get it.

Here's another one that didn't need to happen and the shooters aren't legal gun owners-

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis