G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
So I'm up watching the National News on CBS, and they just put up this report of Deaths by police officers using deadly force 5.000 dead just in 2019, Wow! Impunity right? A License to kill, went on to say that the very Broad use of "in fear of life" check rule #1. Impunity.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
So I'm up watching the National News on CBS, and they just put up this report of Deaths by police officers using deadly force 5.000 dead just in 2019, Wow! Impunity right? A License to kill, went on to say that the very Broad use of "in fear of life" check rule #1. Impunity.
so... wikipedia says about a 1000.

now, the FBI use of force report shows about 5000, however this include all uses of force not instances when that force resulted in a death.

Its interesting how the media leaves out information that is important, this is why most of the news these days is FAKE news.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
so... wikipedia says about a 1000.

now, the FBI use of force report shows about 5000, however this include all uses of force not instances when that force resulted in a death.

Its interesting how the media leaves out information that is important, this is why most of the news these days is FAKE news.
@chris357, Oh hell yeah that was on CBS yesterday 5:30 pm. Just thought I'd postup CBS, NBC FOX, CNN all feed fake news. I try to catch BBC overseas or something else that's not Censored like here in the United States

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Fake news seems to be a term thrown around by left or right leaning people who just disagree with the content.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Ponz, thanks for posting the video. As a long standing responsible gun owner I do take some exception to the 'humorous' way in which Kosta reports his story though. Regardless I won't deny that America has a gun problem.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ponz, thanks for posting the video. As a long standing responsible gun owner I do take some exception to the 'humorous' way in which Kosta reports his story though. Regardless I won't deny that America has a gun people problem.
Fixed that for ya...(you aren't wrong, but I feel this is more correct)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Ponz, thanks for posting the video. As a long standing responsible gun owner I do take some exception to the 'humorous' way in which Kosta reports his story though. Regardless I won't deny that America has a gun problem.
Gun owner myself. I believe we need to tighten the regulations/registration and actively push for gun safety here in the US, similar to Switzerland and Germany, which have the highest gun ownership in the world without the attendant murder rate that we have.

It's just too dam easy to get a gun in the US, from state-to-state, with no rhyme or reason.

You're never going to get rid of crimes of passion or murderous assholes. I just want, statistically, to bring the numbers down, by making it harder for people with mental health issues, criminal records ... spare me the 'then only criminals will have guns' NRA spiel ... and other troubled souls, to have easy access to them.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Gun owner myself. I believe we need to tighten the regulations/registration and actively push for gun safety here in the US, similar to Switzerland and Germany, which have the highest gun ownership in the world without the attendant murder rate that we have.

It's just too dam easy to get a gun in the US, from state-to-state, with no rhyme or reason.

You're never going to get rid of crimes of passion or murderous assholes. I just want, statistically, to bring the numbers down, by making it harder for people with mental health issues, criminal records ... spare me the 'then only criminals will have guns' NRA spiel ... and other troubled souls to have easy access to them.
That's the thing though. 99.999999999999999999999% of gun owners would never, ever even dream of thinking of using their weapon to hurt someone else, unless attacked or something. It's these statistical anomalies that screw everything up for everyone else.

My thing is this: guns are tools. Tools that only exist to make alive things dead. That's it. They have no other use. Sure, you can use them for target practice (one of my favorite things), but you can use an ax for that too. Guns are not toys and should never be treated as such. All the people that put on their G.I. Joe costumes and loaded up their guns with their extended magazines just show that a child (whether fully grown or not) should not be allowed to carry a gun.

All of my guns (with one exception) have been given to me. As far as our government is concerned I have one. I have many more than one, but that's my business.

It would be very simple to set up rules that force a national database of gun owners (it already exists, but states can opt out...for some reason) and purchasing a weapon outside your state shouldn't be allowed.

Those two rules could help prevent a LOT of things, and wouldn't impact legal, responsible gun owners in any way.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
My thing is this: guns are tools. Tools that only exist to make alive things dead. That's it. They have no other use.
Therein lies the rub that so many of the 'anti-gun' crowd believes but has no clue. Guns are tools, yes but many are designed and built for functions other than 'to kill'. As a competitive shooter in multiple disciplines over the years that is a fact.

Sure, you can use them for target practice (one of my favorite things), but you can use an ax for that too.
As a competitive Sporting Clay shooter I doubt you would have much success with an axe !

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

You're never going to get rid of crimes of passion or murderous assholes. I just want, statistically, to bring the numbers down, by making it harder for people with mental health issues, criminal records ... spare me the 'then only criminals will have guns' NRA spiel ... and other troubled souls to have easy access to them.
The US could do everything possible to remove guns and someone will have them or be able to make them from raw materials. This country probably has a million people who own the machinery needed to make some kind of gun, even though it may not be high precision. Kids in metal shop have made zip guns for decades- it only requires some pipe and the skill to work the materials well enough to make it fire a bullet.

You might want to look into the illegal firearm traffic in this country- it's one of the many reasons gun control can't work. Even if half of the criminals with guns turn them in, millions of guns will still be out there. Another is the number of gun owners and the size of the population.

You're right- it's too easy to get guns, but another problem is that people buy guns and never touch them until they're "needed" and/or leave them unsecured, which is when tragedies occur either because someone handles it unsafely or it's stolen and used in a crime.

In Switzerland, military service has been mandatory and with that comes training for firearm use, as you probably know. In the US, people cam't be bothered to give a poop about the country as a whole, only doing things for selfish reasons. The violence, bloodshed and the 'gun problem' are people/behavioral problems. If the people of many countries were to be compared in some objective way, the US would be far from the top of the list for 'Best People'. Some people can't go past 7AM without getting into a fight, in public, over something stupid.

highfigh

highfigh

This country has a people problem- too many suck, as human beings.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Therein lies the rub that so many of the 'anti-gun' crowd believes but has no clue. Guns are tools, yes but many are designed and built for functions other than 'to kill'. As a competitive shooter in multiple disciplines over the years that is a fact.

As a competitive Sporting Clay shooter I doubt you would have much success with an axe !
I'm sure there's some lumberjack that could do it... :)

Really though, my point with that comment was comparing an ax as a tool for cutting wood to a gun as a tool for killing things. They both can be used for target practice, but that's not their job. (for anyone that didn't get that)

Clay shooting is fun. Much more difficult than target shooting (at a short distance). I've done it once and did OK. I'm much better at target shooting.

What I'd really like to do is .22 target shooting. That's a pretty cool category now. Cheap rounds and a lot of fun.

highfigh

highfigh

That's the thing though. 99.999999999999999999999% of gun owners would never, ever even dream of thinking of using their weapon to hurt someone else, unless attacked or something. It's these statistical anomalies that screw everything up for everyone else.

My thing is this: guns are tools. Tools that only exist to make alive things dead. That's it. They have no other use. Sure, you can use them for target practice (one of my favorite things), but you can use an ax for that too. Guns are not toys and should never be treated as such. All the people that put on their G.I. Joe costumes and loaded up their guns with their extended magazines just show that a child (whether fully grown or not) should not be allowed to carry a gun.

All of my guns (with one exception) have been given to me. As far as our government is concerned I have one. I have many more than one, but that's my business.

It would be very simple to set up rules that force a national database of gun owners (it already exists, but states can opt out...for some reason) and purchasing a weapon outside your state shouldn't be allowed.

Those two rules could help prevent a LOT of things, and wouldn't impact legal, responsible gun owners in any way.
On the Next Door forum (neighborhood connections), someone commented that New Year's Eve sounded like a battle zone and after a few other comments from people, someone posted about firing guns randomly during some kind of celebration (or, venting) and called it 'recreational shooting'. I called her on it and posted that it wasn't 'recreational', it was irresponsible & stupid, then posted the four rules of firearm handling/safety. Guess whose account was suspended for 5 days.....

I haven't done it, but I hear firing automatic weapons is a lot of fun. OTOH, that kind of fun can get out of hand quickly, if the shooter doesn't understand what the gun does when in that mode (drifting upward and to one side, usually).

The number of guns you own used to be your business- now that you made it public, it's everyone's info, to use as they see fit.

If a firearm database was used, ONLY the legal gun owners would be impacted- people with access to illegal guns wouldn't be affected, at all. The government would only have some idea who has guns, but only as of the date of receipt if they were transferred via FFL and some kind of shipper. If they barge into a place like Bud's Guns to see the sales/shipping records, it would be easy to see that the government would have a helluva battle- firearm sales jumped something like 85% in the last year and it was more than during Obama's first year in office.

This country has so many violent people and nothing is being done about that- trying to control who gets guns isn't going to solve it because it doesn't address the actual problem.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm sure there's some lumberjack that could do it... :)

Really though, my point with that comment was comparing an ax as a tool for cutting wood to a gun as a tool for killing things. They both can be used for target practice, but that's not their job. (for anyone that didn't get that)

Clay shooting is fun. Much more difficult than target shooting (at a short distance). I've done it once and did OK. I'm much better at target shooting.

What I'd really like to do is .22 target shooting. That's a pretty cool category now. Cheap rounds and a lot of fun.
Have you bought ammo, lately?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Have you bought ammo, lately?
exactly, since the election paranoia has taken hold. Even .22 rimfire is through the roof, if you can find it. Just like back in the beginning of the Obama years. I load my own for both shotguns and rifles and still have plenty of components on hand to do so.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis