GTA IV - The Game Behind the Hype

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
That's actually one of the innovations that I loved on MLB 2008 the Show. You can actually save a game at any point in an active baseball game and pick it up later. I remember when I was teenager having to leave Madden 94 on for hours while I had to go eat dinner or do homework!
Wow! That is a really nice save feature especially for a baseball video game which I would imagine would take ample time to complete 9 innings. I remember with hockey games I can adjust the periods so I could finish a complete game in less than 20 mins.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the tips on taking cabs and calling Roman, didn't think of using those to speed the travel times for redoing missions. I did take my first cab ride the other night. Of course I didn't hold down Y long enough the first time so I jacked it instead...my bad.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If your car dies on you when driving, call 911 on your cellphone...your car will come back to life (i guess it is like calling CAA)...this can be helpful during a chase if no other cars are avaible to steal that are close to you...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Just wondering if any of you have completed 100% of the game. I am about at 70% right now. I still have to complete all the vigilante missions, all most wanted missions, steal 29 more cars for Stevie (Brucie's buddy), do all the random encounters, find all the flying rats (I think I have found only 2:eek:) and do 27 more insane stunt jumps:eek::eek::D:D:):)

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
FYI- I hijacked my first armored truck tonight. You can get the money from them, you just have to drive it until it blows up. Or I suppose if you have a grenade launcher that might work too. The truck is so tough though it died on me long before the point it would blow. Luckily a dump truck was happening by, so I got into that rammed and it a few times til it finally blew up and spewed money everywhere. Jackpot! Now, time to find that ice cream truck...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
FYI- I hijacked my first armored truck tonight. You can get the money from them, you just have to drive it until it blows up. Or I suppose if you have a grenade launcher that might work too. The truck is so tough though it died on me long before the point it would blow. Luckily a dump truck was happening by, so I got into that rammed and it a few times til it finally blew up and spewed money everywhere. Jackpot! Now, time to find that ice cream truck...
How much money did you get from that?

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
It was in the neighborhood of $1200-1400 that I got. The armored truck was pushed up against a building on one side, so there could have been more that I wasn't able to get to.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
There's a cheaper way to get fast to any location. After you get access to the Heli Tours, just go there and steal a Heli to park it in each of your houses. There's nothing like loading a savegame, exiting the house and enter the heli.
I normally just use the taxis to go to the Heli Tours.

That how I roll :D

friedchicken

friedchicken

Audiophyte
The game is so immersive, its great. The problem I have with it is that the controls arnt great, mainly because the developers are trying to do too many things and its hard to do every well. So its not really a problem but more of a complaint. The 3rd person controls could be a bit better. Car physics could be a bit better. Soundtrack is great. The voice acting is top notch. If the graphics were better, I would've thought I was watching a movie if I've never heard of GTA before. Its great game. Best game of this type in the current gen system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis