Grayscale Calibrations

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>wow thanks for the info Pam!

I am definatekly going to get this done... it looks as though that MichaelTLV guys comes through where I live once a year or so...

Just have once concern, should I goahead and get it done now, or should I wait, because I am getting a new house built and will be moving the set, which I think I read it can harm the calibration?</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
Let me be clear on the Duvetyne &nbsp;It can be done &nbsp;by the DIY’er but you must know how to install it
Just as an example of what can go wrong I received an e-mail last year asking me what would take off 3-M spray adhesive from a mirror surface and lens &nbsp;I have also heard of folks trying to remove the back off to gain access to
There Pioneer Rear projector only to have the mirror come crashing through the front of the set
More harm can be done than good if you don't do your research</font>

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>{QUOTE}
"Just have once concern, should I goahead and get it done now, or should I wait, because I am getting a new house built and will be moving the set, which I think I read it can harm the calibration?" &nbsp;

If you are going to be moving the set soon then I would wait
until you are in your new house &nbsp;Bumping the set and new termination of new cables and equipment can change the calibration of the set</font>

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>hmmm I guess I will wait, I don't feel like paying 500 bucks for something thats going to be knocked out of calibration...</font>

P

pam

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi

You should ask to a calibrator (go at Keohi forum) because I think that the only part of the calibration that would be affected by moving is the alignment of your gun and your focus.

You would probably have to spend a few hundreds box to have someone come and redo that part. Also you could ask a calibrator if he could show you how to fix the part that need to be redone after moving.

Of course, best choice is to wait.</font>

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Well I solicited feedback from MichaelTLV...

The price for my tv is 350 canadian and down the road if it needs a touch up it would be 150 dollars.

He gave a list of prices for all tv's and all services, which I saved, so if anyone is interested drop me a line.

He seemed confident that the RP LCD's are fairly hardy and would hold onto the calibration unless you inentionally beat the crap out of your set while moving it.

So, it looks like I am going to have it down on his next trip through my area, in September.

So what can I look forward to, if anything noticeable?

This here is a pic of my tv:

and HERE is the link to the features and specs page.</font>

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>By the way, the only reason I am posting the TV itself.... is that I thought that rear projection LCD's don't have a focus option?

Or do they, I am a noob at tv's so please helpa guy out.

What about the gun in it, It wouldn't have one of those either, no?

The tv I have runs off a lamp.

PS: If I get the set calibrated, and then I have to change lamps after 10000 hours viewing time, does that fuddle the calibration?</font>

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
ThA tRiXtA : <font color='#000000'>PS: If I get the set calibrated, and then I have to change lamps after 10000 hours viewing time, does that fuddle the calibration?</font>
<font color='#000080'>Remember this: After you replace the lamp, you basically have a BRAND NEW TV. Now how cool is that? Replace one part and get a new set.

Definitely worth re-calibrating if necessary.</font>

ThA tRiXtA

ThA tRiXtA

Full Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hi Clint - is the lamp the only part that will commonly break down?

How can one have a brand new tv just by replacing the lamp?

PS: will the calibration be broken if the lamp is replaced?</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis