Got to love Math, She said YES!

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
I would do straight room correction first, without playing with the SVS App.

Audyssey, ya? Do you have XT32 and the App?
Yes to both. What an exceptional audio tool that combo is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
The Verdict is In.
Why didn't I do this earlier?

Flabbergasted by how much better the system sounds with dual SVS PC2000 Pros, and to be fair, the Polk 706c large, three way center.

We listened to music for hours yesterday (during college football games in lieu of stupid banter).

Listened in both Stereo and Surround formats. "Darkside of the Moon" in SACD multichannel PCM was unreal!

I do not know if the improvement is due to having:
a) Matched subs (vice a sealed and a ported)
b) Better quality subs (one PC2K costs as much as both older subs combined)
c) Both the above in combination?
d) A more capable center.
The Stereo improvement indicates the subs play a larger role IMHO.

Thanks to all who kindly advised!
XEagleDriver

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I do not know if the improvement is due to havibg:
a) Matched subs (vice a sealed and a ported)
b) Better quality subs (one PC2K costs as much as both older subs combined)
c) Both the above in combination?
d) A more capable center.
C! For sure C! Mixing ported and sealed is tricky business and generally never recommended. There is a significant jump in performance and quality too with the new subs.

When I saw what you had before I knew the PC2000s would blow your balls off, lol. Your impression reminds me of @Mark E. Long recently upgrading his subs too. Everyone almost always underestimates what capable subwoofage can do for a system, and it's frustrating because it's impossible to convey just how much over a forum without coming across as big, dopey basshead! You pretty much have to experience it, but once you do you REALLY get it!

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Good quality bass is misunderstood and overlooked, all too frequently. It is not about bringing the walls of Jericho down around you, rather just extending the clean and linear performance of your system down to whetever frequency extension one chooses to pursue.

Very glad to hear you are experincing such a profound improvement in your experience. It is quite enjoyable, IME, to have that kind of performance in my system, even for something like Buddy Guy's Done Got Old or the beginning of Cowboy Junkies' Mining For Gold... But then, put on some proper Electronica or a movie like Blade Runner 2049, and my gawd...

There is nothing like a low frequency sound bath to right the many wrongs of a hard day! ;) :cool:

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Very glad to hear you are experincing such a profound improvement in your experience. It is quite enjoyable, IME, to have that kind of performance in my system, even for something like Buddy Guy's Done Got Old or the beginning of Cowboy Junkies' Mining For Gold... But then, put on some proper Electronica or a movie like Blade Runner 2049, and my gawd...
I'm tickled pink every time I see great results like this. Makes me feel vindicated for pushing better subwoofage so often! Lol

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I am one that definitely overlooked what good bass can do to your HT. I mean for a very long time I did. Now I know what it does and how I can't live without it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
. . .
When I saw what you had before I knew the PC2000s would blow your balls off, lol.
. . .
Everyone almost always underestimates what capable subwoofage can do for a system, and it's frustrating because it's impossible to convey just how much over a forum without coming across as big, dopey basshead! You pretty much have to experience it, but once you do you REALLY get it!
Amen Brother, pass me the bucket of Bassaholic Cool Aid, ready for another chug!!
LOL

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here:
*passes cup labeled Subwoofer Candy

:cool:
Beat me to it!

Seriously tho, I recently discovered and posted up a bunch of "rebassed" classic rock and metal songs on the last page or 2 that sound really good, keeping in mind that they are bass boosted and not exactly accurate. They're well done and clean tho. Remastered with deep, clean bass an octave or 2 lower than original and not just boosting what was already there. The "Enya" remix hits legit subsonic frequencies you can feel more than hear. A couple of them do. Have fun!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
C! For sure C! Mixing ported and sealed is tricky business and generally never recommended. There is a significant jump in performance and quality too with the new subs.

When I saw what you had before I knew the PC2000s would blow your balls off, lol. Your impression reminds me of @Mark E. Long recently upgrading his subs too. Everyone almost always underestimates what capable subwoofage can do for a system, and it's frustrating because it's impossible to convey just how much over a forum without coming across as big, dopey basshead! You pretty much have to experience it, but once you do you REALLY get it!
Iam still blown away what these bring to the soundstage in every aspect of my rigs sound . Iam totally convinced I really need to get two more and stack them like a line array on top of my first two but dam there 600 more now lol . Mabey the wife’s dew for a new ring ;-)

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
. . . .
Very glad to hear you are experincing such a profound improvement in your experience. It is quite enjoyable, IME, to have that kind of performance in my system, even for something like Buddy Guy's Done Got Old or the beginning of Cowboy Junkies' Mining For Gold
. . . .

There is nothing like a low frequency sound bath to right the many wrongs of a hard day! ;) :cool:
From the same Buddy Guy Sweet Tea album, the song Baby, Please Don't Leave Me has a sick bass line to it.
Wow

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Side benefit to the dual PC2k Pro sub upgrade in HT is in the pic below of separate room with 2-Ch rig.

Hint: stacked SB12-NSDs, just for fun.

"On Air" light is from my father's Ham Radio station, KG6NH, now a "silent key".
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

j_dewitt

j_dewitt

Enthusiast
Have had dual PC-2000 Pro's on the radar for almost two years.
- Quick thanks to forum help from KEW, Pogre & Lemmerhirt, to name a few.

Presented SVS's upcoming $150/each price increase (love math) to my Lady ( of 37 yrs this month), and she said YES to ordering duals today.

No strings (aka diamonds), no twisting in the wind (what am I not seeing??). I nearly fell over!
They ship Monday.

New subs to replace a sealed SB-12 NSD (circa 2014) and a ported PB-10 NSD (circa 2007).

Sealed will stack on a like sub in 2-Channel rig (just cause I can).

Ported to go to an adult kid.
- Trying my best to gently lead at least one of them down the rabbit hole of audioholic addiction.

Cheers,
XEagleDriver
It can cause different feelings in different people, and this is absolutely normal. I understand that you have negative emotions in relation to mathematics. I don't do anything myself at all, I usually use a writing service, found https://edubirdie.com/ for that. However, it is worth remembering that it plays an important role in our lives and can be useful for the development of logical thinking. Perhaps try to find new approaches to learning mathematics, use interactive methods, or find applications of mathematical concepts in the real world. Maybe over time your attitude to mathematics will change.
Interesting

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Congratulations!!!!! That is exciting for sure. Your system won’t know what hit it!
I have to learn math…then maybe I can use it MY advantage. Lol.
Seriously though, good for you. Of course you will be sharing new thoughts and such?
Introduce her to these-

1689432414052.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis