Got the grill Fired up anyone else?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah the short boiling time works because the long marination period will be doing all the work. Whenever I have boiled ribs then on the BBQ in the past I have always did a low and slow simmer water for a few hours then onto the BBQ. I think with adding that extra step with the marinating in between, you can almost guarantee a nice and tender rib every time.
Seems logical to me...........oh know now I sound like Spock! :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I love chinese take out :).
Me too as long as there is a bathroom close by...........LOL!!!!! :D:D That stuff just does that to me every time I eat it. Natural fix for irregularity. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

itschris

itschris

We just got done. I put 2 racks of dino bones and 3 racks of baby backs. The beef ribs I kept simple... just salt, pepper, and a touch of onion powder. The baby backs were rubbed in with a chipotle cinammon rub I've been working on. I made a more of beer mop for the beef ribs and sweet smokey sauce for the baby backs. I smoked the beef ribs for about 3 hours and foiled and kept it in the cooler and did the bb's for about 5 hours smoking everything in apple. Grilled a few ears of white corn and Nancy made a cucumber salad.

Needless to say, I'm stuffed. I got myself a bunch of leftovers, some of which I'll bring to the office tomorrow to purposely not share!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Cajun Catfish with peppers was last night's meal.

Took it easy tonite, just brats and potatoes with beef and onion marinade.

Beautiful week-end up here, maybe one of the last for a while. I just didn't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen.:eek:

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
"culture" and "good taste"

We just got done. I put 2 racks of dino bones and 3 racks of baby backs. The beef ribs I kept simple... just salt, pepper, and a touch of onion powder. The baby backs were rubbed in with a chipotle cinammon rub I've been working on. I made a more of beer mop for the beef ribs and sweet smokey sauce for the baby backs. I smoked the beef ribs for about 3 hours and foiled and kept it in the cooler and did the bb's for about 5 hours smoking everything in apple. Grilled a few ears of white corn and Nancy made a cucumber salad.

Needless to say, I'm stuffed. I got myself a bunch of leftovers, some of which I'll bring to the office tomorrow to purposely not share!
As usual Itschris ( I assume your name is Chris, btw great name ( my son'sname) you meal sounds scumptious. ;);)

However, you all including Chris, are leaving the main factor off; you have gotta play the ribs or brats some nice patio HT music to make them "cultured" and ensure their good "taste" :D:D

Hope everyone had a better Labor Day than mine; I was on critcal oncall and ended up not being able to do anything all day; still 4 hours to go . Did Bar-B-Que yesterday, smoked some sausage links and som pork tenderloins marinated in a rasberry chipote sauce.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

Sounds really good:)!, I am a huge fan of cucumber salad with ribs. I prefer the mayonnaise based cucumber salads over the vinegar based recipes I have had.

itschris

itschris

As usual Itschris ( I assume your name is Chris, btw great name ( my son'sname) you meal sounds scumptious. ;);)

However, you all including Chris, are leaving the main factor off; you have gotta play the ribs or brats some nice patio HT music to make them "cultured" and ensure their good "taste" :D:D

Hope everyone had a better Labor Day than mine; I was on critcal oncall and ended up not being able to do anything all day; still 4 hours to go . Did Bar-B-Que yesterday, smoked some sausage links and som pork tenderloins marinated in a rasberry chipote sauce.
I gotta get the outdoor setup. I'm just lazy. I'm thinking of getting some natural looking speakers to blend into the patio area. We have the natural stone and lagoon pool so I've been thinking about something more landscapy... I guess.

That's too bad you couldn't be home today. I have to say that it was nice just plopping around floating in the pool. Tomorrow.. it's back to the grind.

Tell me more about your Rasberry Chipotle sauce. I've been tinkering around with mine. I have a charity event that I'm doing in a month or so and that's one of the sauces. To be honest, I like my sauce, but I don't think it's much better than the one I bought at SAM's of all places... at least I don't think is better enough to warrant the effort. If it's not a guarded secret, I'd like to hear what you're doing for your sauce.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I just didn't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen.:eek:
I feel the same way today, I felt cooking was going to interfere with my drinking, so microwave to the rescue:);):).

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
I gotta get the outdoor setup. I'm just lazy. I'm thinking of getting some natural looking speakers to blend into the patio area. We have the natural stone and lagoon pool so I've been thinking about something more landscapy... I guess.

That's too bad you couldn't be home today. I have to say that it was nice just plopping around floating in the pool. Tomorrow.. it's back to the grind.

Tell me more about your Rasberry Chipotle sauce. I've been tinkering around with mine. I have a charity event that I'm doing in a month or so and that's one of the sauces. To be honest, I like my sauce, but I don't think it's much better than the one I bought at SAM's of all places... at least I don't think is better enough to warrant the effort. If it's not a guarded secret, I'd like to hear what you're doing for your sauce.
I like to cook and tinker, but the rasberry chipolte was straight from the bottle this time, sorry. I will be glad to share with you. I just found out that rasberry chiplote makes a great marinade for pork. before you smoke it ;)

You want a good light chip dip? fire roasted red peppers, garbazzo beans and feta cheese. Blend and serve.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Spent the day at my parents and boy did they do it up nice. I did most of the grilling to pay respect to my dad who has worked hard manual labor all his life.

We had grilled hotdogs, steaks, chicken shish kabobs, ribs, corn, salads, tomato & mozerella and basil, etc and lots of Sam Adams. Then they brought out apple pie, spice cake, ice cream and cappacino. Did plenty of swimming with the wife and kids and listening to Frank Sinatra and I thought to myself, why don't I make the time to do this more often :confused:

I also discovered that my moms display isnt HDCP compliant causing her cable box to block the output when her Denon receiver is turned on and the input is selected for a source other than TV. Looks like I will have to pay them another visit to replace all the HDMI cables with component video. Better tell my dad to make sure there's gas in the grill :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
That sounds like a great Labor Day cookout Gene. Spice cake sounds awesome,my mom used to make Iced spice cake all the time with BBQ's. I hope everyone had a great day.......:)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I had our outside cookery fired up this weekend.

Friday an Anglo/Indian dish from Calcutta. Chicken in a hot sticky sauce, with green peppers and tomato, cooked in a cast iron frying pan, Punjabi cauliflower and potato, spiced Basmati rice, completed with Naans cooked on the hot grill and a cucumber Raita.

Saturday, grilled Salmon with grilled Polenta and green beans.

Sunday, Tuna "Black and Blue", pan seared tuna steaks, seared for about a minute a side in a very hot cast iron pan, well beyond the smoking stage. This was served with yellow aromatic rice, green beans and asparagus.

Today left overs.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Thats the way to do it , spread it out ALL weekend......nice TLS..

itschris

itschris

I like to cook and tinker, but the rasberry chipolte was straight from the bottle this time, sorry. I will be glad to share with you. I just found out that rasberry chiplote makes a great marinade for pork. before you smoke it ;)

You want a good light chip dip? fire roasted red peppers, garbazzo beans and feta cheese. Blend and serve.
That's okay... like I said, my own recipe isn't superior enough to the bottled stuff to warrant the effort... so I'm with you on that one.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I think I may marinate some steaks and throw them on the grill tonight, I love grilling out.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Grilling

I love grilling and I do it all year around. The only problem with winter grilling though is the BBQ won't heat up enough to sear a steak properly, but cooking chicken or ribs is never a problem:D.
We should have a recipe thread for sharing cooking ideas. I love cooking from all over the map:cool:.
Cheers, Bill:)

Midcow2

Midcow2

Banned
Green Egg

I love grilling and I do it all year around. The only problem with winter grilling though is the BBQ won't heat up enough to sear a steak properly, but cooking chicken or ribs is never a problem:D.
We should have a recipe thread for sharing cooking ideas. I love cooking from all over the map:cool:.
Cheers, Bill:)

You might consider one of those Green Egg cookers- hot enough to sear steaks.

LOL- It seems like we only have one day of spring and one day of fall and one day of winter here ;)

P.S.- Billy , you're own start the thread :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis