Got the grill Fired up anyone else?

J

jamie2112

Banned
I have got honey teriakyi chicken and marinated steak's goin on the grill right now. What's cookin in AH world today?

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Hot Dogs for lunch!

Maybe grill up some chicken fajitas for dinner.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ooooh, Jamie, you grilling bastard! Now you've got me thinking about it. I don't have anything to grill, but I might just need to go to the store now and pick up some steaks.

My outdoor grill is out of gas, but I got a stove-top grill pan just last week. My pooch and I have enjoyed a filet and two sirloins so far. It does quite a nice job.

Hmmm. What to get, what to get? :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Jamie, been going at it since like 7:00 am this morning. For some odd reason, my coals kinda whimpered out on me. It seemed to take forever just to cook some hamburgers and hot dogs. I also cooked some Pork Steaks for my Mom. Anyways, I managed to get it done just in time. Left some bratwurst on the grill while I went over to my Moms. Finally, made it back home and to my surprise the brats were NOT burnt. Maybe a little crispy, but not too over-cooked. :p:p All in all, everything turned out just fine. Thanks for asking Jamie and hope yours turned out good too my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
J

jamie2112

Banned
I figured you would be grillin Phil.We actually have a very nice day here in MD cloudless sky and 80 degrees... Sounds like I like my Brats..crispy on the outside... :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I figured you would be grillin Phil.We actually have a very nice day here in MD cloudless sky and 80 degrees... Sounds like I like my Brats..crispy on the outside... :D
Shoot Jamie you would love these brats then. That is, very crispy or shall I say extra crispy........LOL!!!!!! :eek::eek: Man, sounds like the weather there is nice and pleasant. It was very nice earlier, but now has gotten very hot and very humid. I can live with the heat, but the humidity can be overwhelming here quite often. Oh well, I am done with the grilling, but still need to do some clean-up. I clean-up mostly as I go. That way, in the end there is not much left to do. Now, hope to get some r&r. Be sure to do that too Jamie.

Cheers,

Phil

J

jamie2112

Banned
I will be R&Ring for the rest of the day thanks Phil.......

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
No grilling or cooking today. My meals so far has only consisted of reheated leftover eggplant parmesan in the microwave.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I think there is ribs going on the grill today, but they may be cooked a different way. Either way it doesn't matter, I'm so congested I won't taste it.

SheepStar

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I think there is ribs going on the grill today, but they may be cooked a different way. Either way it doesn't matter, I'm so congested I won't taste it.

SheepStar
Bummer Sheep. Ribs are the bomb per se!!!! Hope you get to feeling better. Summer colds &/or allergies can really cause havoc. BTW, I like to boil my ribs in water for about 5 minutes. Then, I soak them in pineapple juice and crushed pineapple for at least 24 hours. Once the grill is ready I then put the ribs on the grill. I later apply lots of BBQ sauce and cook until the bones literally pull apart from the meat. Talking about some damn good ribs. Anyways, maybe take some Benedryl or something to ease the congestion.

Cheers,

Phil

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Bummer Sheep. Ribs are the bomb per se!!!! Hope you get to feeling better. Summer colds &/or allergies can really cause havoc. BTW, I like to boil my ribs in water for about 5 minutes. Then, I soak them in pineapple juice and crushed pineapple for at least 24 hours. Once the grill is ready I then put the ribs on the grill. I later apply lots of BBQ sauce and cook until the bones literally pull apart from the meat. Talking about some damn good ribs. Anyways, maybe take some Benedryl or something to ease the congestion.

Cheers,

Phil
Interesting technique, I would imagine the acid in the pinneapple juice would tenderize the proteins in the ribs. What temp and how long do you cook the ribs on the grill, because of the sugar content in the pineapple juice. I bet you can acheive some nice contrasting flavours between the sweet, salty, savoury, spice which together would work quite nicely.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

Cheers,

Phil
We've done the boiling before, it does help tenderize the meat and release the bones. Don't know if that's happening today. BTW, I'd have a fever sore throat and a cold since Wednesday, but it looks like the fever is gone.

SheepStar

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting technique, I would imagine the acid in the pinneapple juice would tenderize the proteins in the ribs. What temp and how long do you cook the ribs on the grill, because of the sugar content in the pineapple juice. I bet you can acheive some nice contrasting flavours between the sweet, salty, savoury, spice which together would work quite nicely.
To be honest, a buddy of mine told me how to do it that way. He actually recommends just soaking them in pineapple juice for at least 48 hours in the fridge after boiling for 5 minutes. The meat kinda turns a white color. I added the crushed pineapple part to it. :D:D Anyways, my buddy also lets the ribs warm to room temperature before putting on the grill. Not too sure of the temp, but lets just say the coals are white and very hot. The ribs really do not take too much time to cook. I just keep applying BBQ sauce until they are done enough to where the bones pull out. I then take them off the grill and put in a bowl that is loaded with you guessed it-more BBQ sauce. Once the ribs cool down a bit, I serve them and have never had any complaints whatsoever. I prefer to use Open Pit BBQ sauce in which I add a few other ingredients. You should try it sometime bear. I think you will be quite pleased. Hope your holiday weekend is going well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
We've done the boiling before, it does help tenderize the meat and release the bones. Don't know if that's happening today. BTW, I'd have a fever sore throat and a cold since Wednesday, but it looks like the fever is gone.

SheepStar
Sheep it sounds like you may need some antibiotics to me. Of course, I am not a doctor nor do I play one here on AH.....LOL!!!!! :eek::eek: My Mom has been dealing with the same thing for a couple of days now. She is going to the doc tomorrow if not any better. With your fever breaking, perhaps you will get to feeling better. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids.

Cheers,

Phil

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
To be honest, a buddy of mine told me how to do it that way. He actually recommends just soaking them in pineapple juice for at least 48 hours in the fridge after boiling for 5 minutes. The meat kinda turns a white color. I added the crushed pineapple part to it. :D:D Anyways, my buddy also lets the ribs warm to room temperature before putting on the grill. Not too sure of the temp, but lets just say the coals are white and very hot. The ribs really do not take too much time to cook. I just keep applying BBQ sauce until they are done enough to where the bones pull out. I then take them off the grill and put in a bowl that is loaded with you guessed it-more BBQ sauce. Once the ribs cool down a bit, I serve them and have never had any complaints whatsoever. I prefer to use Open Pit BBQ sauce in which I add a few other ingredients. You should try it sometime bear. I think you will be quite pleased. Hope your holiday weekend is going well my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
Yes, it sounds very tasty and very low maintenance. The meat turning that "white" color that you noted is normal. The acid in the pineapple juice is essentially cooking and breaking down the protein strands in the meat hence the white colour . I think fruit and pork go really well together especially fruits like apple and pineapple. I have had mixed results with boiling ribs in the past but the marinating step with pinapple juice I think is the ticket:)!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, it sounds very tasty and very low maintenance. The meat turning that "white" color that you noted is normal. The acid in the pineapple juice is essentially cooking and breaking down the protein strands in the meat hence the white colour . I think fruit and pork go really well together especially fruits like apple and pineapple. I have had mixed results with boiling ribs in the past but the marinating step with pinapple juice I think is the ticket:)!
So, should I put a patent on my recipe? ;);) Yeah, it really is easy to prepare. By buddy claims the trick is not to boil longer than 5-minutes. He says the ribs will not absorb the pineapple juice if you boil longer than 5-minutes. Let me know how yours turns out when you try it.

Cheers,

Phil

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sweet and Sour pork. Another example of pineapple and pork mixing it up.

SheepStar

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah the short boiling time works because the long marination period will be doing all the work. Whenever I have boiled ribs then on the BBQ in the past I have always did a low and slow simmer water for a few hours then onto the BBQ. I think with adding that extra step with the marinating in between, you can almost guarantee a nice and tender rib every time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis