lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use one that comes with my security software, Bitdefender. It works, don't know about great.

Last edited:
Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Thanks for all the suggestions. Went with one called TUNNELBEAR.

S

Sparkus

Junior Audioholic
A good way to check your service is WireShark...its free. I thought it was good anyway :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I've just subscribed to the NordVPN software.

This is one of the best rated VPNs on the market. And I got a 2 year subscription at a 70% discount which is a real bargain. With it, you can use servers from numerous countries in various continents to protect your IP location. For example, I am at present using a UK server for my web searching.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just to update you. We have moved away from Rackspace.

My eldest son has written the software for a family VPN server. It connects to the Amazon server in London. It is super fast and downloads programs from the UK in a fraction of the time the Rackspace server did. It has been absolutely great and the Amazon charges are minimal. So we connect to our server, it spins up in about 30 seconds. Then we connect to amazon and disconnect when we are done. The server stays up for 30 minutes after the last disconnect.

I am very pleased with it.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Just to update you. We have moved away from Rackspace.

My eldest son has written the software for a family VPN server. It connects to the Amazon server in London. It is super fast and downloads programs from the UK in a fraction of the time the Rackspace server did. It has been absolutely great and the Amazon charges are minimal. So we connect to our server, it spins up in about 30 seconds. Then we connect to amazon and disconnect when we are done. The server stays up for 30 minutes after the last disconnect.

I am very pleased with it.
Since you are still relatively active on this site, I think you are doing well Mark, and I'm happy for you.

The NordVPN which I'm using is also using a pretty fast server. We can't complain. :) By the way, there is a special going on at present for this VPN at 70% off the regular charge, for a 2 or a 3 year subscription which makes it very attractive. The company operation is based in Panama which is known to be a very good country for security matters.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I haven't subscribed yet, but have been having a good experience still with Windscribe. I will actually subscribe... jast hasn't been necessary yet.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't subscribed yet, but have been having a good experience still with Windscribe. I will actually subscribe... jast hasn't been necessary yet.
Yes, Winscribe is reported as one of the best free and safe VPNs.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've been using NordVPN for the past 6 months and have been very happy with it so far.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've got PIA and a newshosting VPN. Both are pretty good. Don't use them all that much though.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I use Nord VPN it actually works well with the amazon FireStick. And is one of few that will work on Amazon prime. They actually use a VPN blocker but Nord will block that

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Surf shark is a low price VPN that seems to get decent reviews. It’s rumored to be owned by ExpressVPN.

C

carlosmiguez75

Audiophyte
Hey guys, I see it is a old thread. I need urgently a good VPN and can't find a good one. Can you recommend me something? Help you in advance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis