Good Outdoor Bluetooth speaker for $150

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Harmon International is selling the JBL Xtreme refurbished for $150. It has been replaced with the Xtreme2 which I believe is waterproof instead of splashproof.
New, the Xtreme went for $300 (like the Xtreme 2 does now), and now that it is obsolete, you can get a new Xtreme for $200 or the refurbished model for $150.
I bought a refurbished Xtreme (in Blue) about 18 months ago and can vouch for it being a nice package with good sound. IMHO, the bass is a bit too heavy for indoors, but sounds pretty balanced outdoors (of course you can use an EQ app to adjust it if you want it for indoors).
If you are familiar with the JBL Charge, this is pretty much a scaled up (I'd guess at least twice the volume) version of it - it is bigger with much more battery capacity and has two USB ports which you can use to charge your phones & tablets. I guess you could also consider it a scaled-up Flip plus the ability to use as a power bank.
It is great as a poolside speaker. It is a sturdy design and will weather most anything short of deliberate abuse, and it is just one of those things that continues to impress me every time I use it! $150 is a great buy IMHO!
The passive radiators on the ends are also cool to watch!

https://www.jbl.com/JBLXTREMEBLKUS-Z.html?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=jblxtreme-oct29&CJPID=CJ&cjevent=7b665ac3de4811e8827301080a24060c

Also available in Camo, if that is your thing:
https://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-speakers/JBLXTREMESQUADUS-Z.html?CJPID=CJ&cjevent=807e07ffde4a11e8801101090a240610

This is a pretty amateur video review, but it does give you a good feel for the size and you can tell the bass digs impressively deep for the size of the drivers. (the distorted bass is the microphone they are using - JBL did a good job of limiting it to avoid distortion).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
For anyone who has this, this video shows some "secret" features I did not know about.
For one, there is a way to turn the bass down:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis