Good center pairing with JBL 590

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Currently running JBL 590's with a KEF Q650C. Was thinking of selling my Q900's and Q650C. Looking to pair something with the JBL 590's. I was thinking possibly the Emotiva Airmotiv C2+. Not sure yet, still trying to find one that somewhat matches the looks of the JBL's while matching the sound as well. Not sure about the 520C.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Instinct suggests the airmotiv’s amt won’t pair well with the horns on your 590s. Can you fit a standmount where your center goes? I would choose a matching standmount, frankly, over the horizontal center. And most definitely over a different brand with such a different driver.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Currently running JBL 590's with a KEF Q650C. Was thinking of selling my Q900's and Q650C. Looking to pair something with the JBL 590's. I was thinking possibly the Emotiva Airmotiv C2+. Not sure yet, still trying to find one that somewhat matches the looks of the JBL's while matching the sound as well. Not sure about the 520C.
What's the return policy on the Emotiva? Like Ryan said I'm not sure if that will blend well although I hear it's a great center. What about the klipsch rp line of or the RF7 III matching center channel. The RP line this year is an excellent set of speakers with great reviews. The RP center has a good horn that should keep up with the 509's but the RF7 III top of the line center channel has a compression driver in them just like the 590's do and could be an excellent possible match with the 590's

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I use the 520c, at least it has the same compression driver. Would like to have larger drivers otherwise, but it is what it is, works fine tho.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
What is it about the Q650 that isn't working well for you?

X

XTex

Audioholic Intern
I use a C2 and ran it for a good while with my 530s. They were a fantastic match and the aesthetics actually matched very well, so much so that my wife even commented on it.

I highly recommend this combination.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I use a C2 and ran it for a good while with my 530s. They were a fantastic match and the aesthetics actually matched very well, so much so that my wife even commented on it.

I highly recommend this combination.
I may have to keep that in mind for myself but I'm really curious about this new HDI lineup coming out from JBL

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The KEF center is fine. Just thinking of selling the KEF's as a set and wanting to match the JBL's esthetically and sonically.
The Studio 520 center is cheap enough in this day and time to try out -- and there seems to be many who like that center channel

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
Instinct suggests the airmotiv’s amt won’t pair well with the horns on your 590s. Can you fit a standmount where your center goes? I would choose a matching standmount, frankly, over the horizontal center. And most definitely over a different brand with such a different driver.
With the entertainment stand that I built it rules out a stand mount for a center. I do love the idea of another 590 as a center, but that will have to wait until I go projector and screen.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I use the 520c, at least it has the same compression driver. Would like to have larger drivers otherwise, but it is what it is, works fine tho.
I may give the 520 a shot and see how it works out

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The 600 series will have a larger center but not sure when it will be released in the USA.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The KEF center is fine. Just thinking of selling the KEF's as a set and wanting to match the JBL's esthetically and sonically.
My guess is that the KEF center might not be such a bad match with the JBL speakers. KEF and JBL generally aim for a flattish frequency response. They probably do that better then the Emotiva center.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
My guess is that the KEF center might not be such a bad match with the JBL speakers. KEF and JBL generally aim for a flattish frequency response. They probably do that better then the Emotiva center.
I posted this response in the wrong thread....

I went ahead and ordered the JBL Studio 520C. Moving the Q650C to the main room for a while.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With the entertainment stand that I built it rules out a stand mount for a center. I do love the idea of another 590 as a center, but that will have to wait until I go projector and screen.
Would be interesting with the angled sides of the cabinet to position it horizontally. Seem to remember someone reporting that JBL had advised them a 530 on its side would be just fine....and do use my 530s as rear surrounds on their side due the space they're in altho might move them to a mount that would allow vertical.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis