Goldenear Triton 7 vs Paradigm Premier

B

Batir

Audiophyte
Hi all, need an honest advice on speakers as this not my forte at all but I would like a decent speaker set at my home. I am choosing between Goldenear Triton 7 and Paradigm Premier. Both setup cost roughly the same. But which one is better in terms of performance/specs and bang for buck? TIA.

Setup 1

Marantz SR5015 7.2Ch Theater Receiver wih Heos
Paradigm Premier 700F Floor Standing Speaker
Paradigm Premier 500C Center Gloss Black
Paradigm Surround 1 On-wall Bi-Pole Surrounds
SVS Audio 3000 Micro Subwoofer

Setup 2

SR5015 Marantz AV Receiver
TRITON7 Golden Ear Speaker Main Left/Right
SUPERCENTERX Golden Ear Center Speaker
SUPERSAT3Golden Ear Technology Speaker On-Wall Surround
FORCEFIELD4 Golden Ear Subwoofer
STB Broadcast Supplier Set Top Box
M4000-PRO Panamax AC Power Management Device

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Definitely go for the Paradigm setup between those, but skip the SVS 3000 Micro. Instead, just get the Premier 800F and 600C center, those speakers will be more capable in bass than that subwoofer. Don't add a subwoofer to that setup unless it's a really good one.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hi all, need an honest advice on speakers as this not my forte at all but I would like a decent speaker set at my home. I am choosing between Goldenear Triton 7 and Paradigm Premier. Both setup cost roughly the same. But which one is better in terms of performance/specs and bang for buck? TIA.

Setup 1

Setup 2

Paradigm all the way I auditioned golden ear and weeeellll let's just saaaay

Um yeah Paradigm all the way

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
As someone who has owned both brands, my advice is demo.
  • Yes I am a Paradigm owner now, but I was happy with my T1s when I had them
  • ShadyJ is legit reviewer so I respect his recommendation
  • The 600c is a better center channel than the Supercenter XL
If you are comparing the 800F compare it against the T5s. You should be able to find GE & Paradigm dealers in the US because they are all over the place. I like the AMT tweeters on the GEs.

At the end of the day you have to live with them, so head the advice here, and demo to see what you like best.
I have solid dealers I work with for both the Digms and GEs if you need help, so DO NOT pay retail no matter which you buy.

I am not a fan that fact that Sandy Gross left GE and that they were bought out by Audioquest. That being said, they still have excellent customer service. If you go GE, I would strongly suggest getting the Superstat 50s at least for the surrounds.

Do NOT get the Forcefield Subwoofers from GE, they are junk, I own the 4 and it is not being used.

Last edited:
B

Batir

Audiophyte

Setup 1

Setup 2

Definitely go for the Paradigm setup between those, but skip the SVS 3000 Micro. Instead, just get the Premier 800F and 600C center, those speakers will be more capable in bass than that subwoofer. Don't add a subwoofer to that setup unless it's a really good one.
Thank you. Does it make a difference in terms of adding a sub that the room is very big 21x19 feet, open space, vaulted ceilings? Or 800F and 600C can handle it without a sub anyway?

B

Batir

Audiophyte
As someone who has owned both brands, my advice is demo.
  • Yes I am a Paradigm owner now, but I was happy with my T1s when I had them
  • ShadyJ is legit reviewer so I respect his recommendation
  • The 600c is a better center channel than the Supercenter XL
If you are comparing the 800F compare it against the T5s. You should be able to find GE & Paradigm dealers in the US because they are all over the place. I like the AMT tweeters on the GEs.

At the end of the day you have to live with them, so head the advice here, and demo to see what you like best.
I have solid dealers I work with for both the Digms and GEs if you need help, so DO NOT pay retail no matter which you buy.

I am not a fan that fact that Sandy Gross left GE and that they were bought out by Audioquest. That being said, they still have excellent customer service. If you go GE, I would strongly suggest getting the Superstat 50s at least for the surrounds.

Do NOT get the Forcefield Subwoofers from GE, they are junk, I own the 4 and it is not being used.
Thank you for a detailed response. I am going to audition both next week at a local dealer here in NJ. It seems that he priced the Paradigm towers and the center $70-100 below Crutchfield/online price and gave a $300 discount on Paradigm Garden Oasis Essentials Outdoor System. Is that what you would expect to pay at your dealers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you. Does it make a difference in terms of adding a sub that the room is very big 21x19 feet, open space, vaulted ceilings? Or 800F and 600C can handle it without a sub anyway?
I took his comment more in light of the small sub you listed from SVS not helping out much. I'd look at a pair of the SVS PB2000s at least. I wouldn't buy anything Golden Ear, partly due the silly name but after fraudioquest bought them, that sealed the deal of me never giving them my money. A dual opposed sub is a good idea, just get a bigger one if you really want one. That SVS model you mentioned might work for under-the desk stuff in an office or something but that's about the limit I'd put on it. Where are you located?

B

Batir

Audiophyte
I took his comment more in light of the small sub you listed from SVS not helping out much. I'd look at a pair of the SVS PB2000s at least. I wouldn't buy anything Golden Ear, partly due the silly name but after fraudioquest bought them, that sealed the deal of me never giving them my money. A dual opposed sub is a good idea, just get a bigger one if you really want one. That SVS model you mentioned might work for under-the desk stuff in an office or something but that's about the limit I'd put on it. Where are you located?
I am in New Jersey. Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am in New Jersey. Thanks.
Just checking since you generally have much better subwoofer options in the US....and would also check out other than SVS too. The usuals....Hsu, Monolith, Rythmik etc to start....or even diy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Sent you a PM with price expectations, do not be afraid to check out multiple dealers if you have options in your area.

Given your room size I would consider a subwoofer, as Lovinhehd has stated, there are some great options.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis