Goldenear Customer Service Remains Top Notch!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I wanted to start a thread to tell others of my recent experience with GE customer service, and this is all good news on their part.

I have had my GE T2 towers for about 10 years now, original owner, and bought from authorized dealer. Unfortunately, my authorized dealer was bought out by a custom installer a few years back.

One of the "sub" amps in my tower went out. I contacted GE directly via the website, and got a response on the same day.

They asked for a little basic info, and took me at my word and did not make me produce any documentation (even though I did still have all my documents). They sent me a form to charge my CC $200, and had a replacement amp out to me within a couple days.

I made the install, all looking good for several days now, and I sent the defective amp back on their pre-paid Fedex Label. I'm expecting my $200 refunded to my CC any day now.

They did indicate that they have a highly qualified tech, and plan to support these amps at least several years into the future.

Anyway, great customer service! Didn't pester me for details or documents, and got me going again with minimal hassle on my end......well outside of any warranty period on these amps!

I know a lot of us on AH have been nervous about GE being bought out by AudioQuest. At least as of today, I can happily report that GE is maintaining excellent service and is taking care of the people that invested some $ in their products.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh my complaint is that Fraudioquest can horn their way into the industry based on their bullsh*t products profits. Glad it worked out for you but I'd never buy from GE/Fraudioquest

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wanted to start a thread to tell others of my recent experience with GE customer service, and this is all good news on their part
Ha! It's good news for you too!

That is fantastic! To replace a 10 year old amp free of charge... hell, to even still have one on hand is not what I would have expected. It would definitely give me confidence in buying a pair of their powered speakers.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh my complaint is that Fraudioquest can horn their way into the industry based on their bullsh*t products profits. Glad it worked out for you but I'd never buy from GE/Fraudioquest
Well when you put it that way now I feel all icky...

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
GE customer service has always been rock solid. When I called and had questions about my Atmos setup, I was able to talk to Sandy Gross, which surprised me. Glad to hear it's still good, the Audioquest acquisition did scare me off, so glad to see GE has not been taken over lol

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I tend to agree, but as I said, I've had these for about 10 years now, bought in well before any of these changes.

I also tend to think some of the GE speakers are over-priced. And, if I had it to do all over again, I would be looking at the non-powered Tritons, most likely the T5. But, when I bought them, the T2 was the only model in the Triton range.

I run my T2 full range in my bedroom setup, no sub-woofer. These are very good speakers, and for a bedroom setup like this, they are excellent speakers.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I tend to agree, but as I said, I've had these for about 10 years now, bought in well before any of these changes.

I also tend to think some of the GE speakers are over-priced. And, if I had it to do all over again, I would be looking at the non-powered Tritons, most likely the T5. But, when I bought them, the T2 was the only model in the Triton range.

I run my T2 full range in my bedroom setup, no sub-woofer. These are very good speakers, and for a bedroom setup like this, they are excellent speakers.
I was very happy with my T1s, but felt that their stand alone subwoofers (Forefield) lacked a lot. After reviewing at GE's latest price increase, I would definitely agree on them being overpriced. That being said, I was very happy with my T1s, but felt that their subwoofers lacked a lot.

They heavily rely on China for their manufacturing/production which has impacted on their price. One good thing about that is that I had a pair of extra Invisa 7000 Atmos Ceiling speakers I was going to use for an application. I purchased those in 2017. I sold hose a little bit more than I actually paid for them recently, so not all bad.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was very happy with my T1s, but felt that their stand alone subwoofers (Forefield) lacked a lot. After reviewing at GE's latest price increase, I would definitely agree on them being overpriced. That being said, I was very happy with my T1s, but felt that their subwoofers lacked a lot.

They heavily rely on China for their manufacturing/production which has impacted on their price. One good thing about that is that I had a pair of extra Invisa 7000 Atmos Ceiling speakers I was going to use for an application. I purchased those in 2017. I sold hose a little bit more than I actually paid for them recently, so not all bad.
Yeah, I bought the T2 at the original price, maybe a year later they went up by $500 for the pair.

Now, I just took a look at the price of the T2+......WOWZER! I would have to dig out my receipt, I think that's about double what I paid. At that price, I am certain that there are better value propositions out there (Philharmonic at the top of the list).

I really have never felt let down by the "subs" or the bass extension on the T2. When I had them in the living room, they were mated with a Rythmik F15HP. Now that they are in a much smaller room, they are just fine for that application without a dedicated sub. Granted, I don't really do movie watching in there, just 2 channel music and some TV at bedtime. (The F15HP is now mated with a set of Phil BMRs).

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think in the owners thread at AVS they said there were 5 or 4 increases over the last 4 to 5 years? Like a substantial increase. I've always been fascinated by these speakers but the price increases are scaring me off a little

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I think in the owners thread at AVS they said there were 5 or 4 increases over the last 4 to 5 years? Like a substantial increase. I've always been fascinated by these speakers but the price increases are scaring me off a little
I really like my T2!

After I bought these, that was about the time I started getting more serious into the hobby and started hanging around here.

I do think the T2 is a case where the objective measurements don't tell the full story. Objectively, they may not have the best measurements. Subjectively, I have always been very pleased listening to them. In particular, the imaging on these is top notch, I can easily get away with a phantom center (in my rooms at least). And, the bass reach is very good for all but the hardest hitting hip hop or LFE.

I used to run them with a 50C Supersat Center. Honestly, that center never really kept up with the towers. When I bought them, that was the only CC available in the lineup. I sold that CC after a few years, and it held it's value pretty well. I never bothered to add a new CC.

I certainly do not regret the purchase, been pleased with them for 10 years. The exception is the amp failure. With the experience I have now, I would not buy a tower with a built in amp again. And, like I say, at the prices I'm seeing today, they really priced them off of my radar now anyway.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really like my T2!

After I bought these, that was about the time I started getting more serious into the hobby and started hanging around here.

I do think the T2 is a case where the objective measurements don't tell the full story. Objectively, they may not have the best measurements. Subjectively, I have always been very pleased listening to them. In particular, the imaging on these is top notch, I can easily get away with a phantom center (in my rooms at least). And, the bass reach is very good for all but the hardest hitting hip hop or LFE.

I used to run them with a 50C Supersat Center. Honestly, that center never really kept up with the towers. When I bought them, that was the only CC available in the lineup. I sold that CC after a few years, and it held it's value pretty well. I never bothered to add a new CC.

I certainly do not regret the purchase, been pleased with them for 10 years. The exception is the amp failure. With the experience I have now, I would not buy a tower with a built in amp again. And, like I say, at the prices I'm seeing today, they really priced them off of my radar now anyway.
Yeah you summed up my feelings perfectly I've heard the line at Bjorn here in San Antonio and I really like them. But the pricing. I'm thinking if I do get them it will be the triton 5's very nice speaker still reasonably priced I wouldn't do the powered tower thing based on feedback I've heard from you guys that have owned them

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yikes I just looked there up to $1200 a speaker!!!! On the fives! Not sure about that one LOL :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I bought the T2 at the original price, maybe a year later they went up by $500 for the pair.

Now, I just took a look at the price of the T2+......WOWZER! I would have to dig out my receipt, I think that's about double what I paid. At that price, I am certain that there are better value propositions out there (Philharmonic at the top of the list).

I really have never felt let down by the "subs" or the bass extension on the T2. When I had them in the living room, they were mated with a Rythmik F15HP. Now that they are in a much smaller room, they are just fine for that application without a dedicated sub. Granted, I don't really do movie watching in there, just 2 channel music and some TV at bedtime. (The F15HP is now mated with a set of Phil BMRs).
Typo error while i was editing and repeated the subs on the T1. I thought the subs on the T1 performed quite well actually, the forcefield (I have the Forcefield 4) is junk, very boomy and terrible for music.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Typo error while i was editing and repeated the subs on the T1. I thought the subs on the T1 performed quite well actually, the forcefield (I have the Forcefield 4) is junk, very boomy and terrible for music.
That makes more sense, maybe I mis-read your intent too. For the record, they kind of market the powered speakers as "built in forcefiled subs".

Yeah, no surprises on the disappointment on the standalone GE subs. We're all pretty biased on the subs, getting these very high performance subs from the ID brands.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I've had my GE Triton 2+ ( HT system)since they came out and have nothing but exceptional customer service. But since they are now owned by Audioquest, well they are for sale in my area. I will not own any product owned by Audioquest as I just don't like their business practices.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I've had my GE Triton 2+ ( HT system)since they came out and have nothing but exceptional customer service. But since they are now owned by Audioquest, well they are for sale in my area. I will not own any product owned by Audioquest as I just don't like their business practices.
That seems a bit reactionary. After all, you didn’t buy them from an AQ-owned GE, so you aren’t supporting AQ in any manner by continuing to enjoy speakers you seem to be fond of. ;)
On the other hand, if you had been considering changing things up and are just using this as the ‘reason,’ so be it. Enjoy the next steps in your journey!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That seems a bit reactionary. After all, you didn’t buy them from an AQ-owned GE, so you aren’t supporting AQ in any manner by continuing to enjoy speakers you seem to be fond of. ;)
On the other hand, if you had been considering changing things up and are just using this as the ‘reason,’ so be it. Enjoy the next steps in your journey!
I just don't like the BS Audioquest throws out about their cables, reactionary or not, I don't like the brand ,. PS: I've been in this "journey since 1967, now at 69, hell there are more important things to do.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just don't like the BS Audioquest throws out about their cables, reactionary or not, I don't like the brand ,. PS: I've been in this "journey since 1967, now at 69, hell there are more important things to do.
Totally agree about fraudioquest! ;)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Not to mention ever since they bought golden ear they've jacked up the prices 5 times I think yeah I feel kindoff nervous buying from them if Sandy was still there no problem its a shame I'm super curious about those speakers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis