Golden Ear Triton 7 Speakers: Demo'd: My first Impressions

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have Paradigm in the HT room, but I started to build out my bedroom into a mini theater:)

I started out with a pair of Golden Ear Aon 2 was very impressed
- Upgraded that to a pair of Aon 3 along with the Superstat 60c Center Channel
- Now use my Aon 2's as surround.

Just when I thought I was done, I made the mistake of stopping into a dealer when I was on a client appointment, and to my surprise there were mini Triton Speakers....well not so mini, but smaller than the 2 or 3 series.

Tested them out and I was totally shocked at how well they sounded at that price point. List Price: $1400.00/Pair

When I picked up the Aon 3s a short while ago I was thoroughly impressed by the level of detail on the high end as well as how well it handled bass. Granted it is a bedroom 18x16 w/cathedral ceiling.

The Triton 7s do everything that I liked about the Aon 3s only better. The same level of detail on the high end is definitely there, what surprised me was the fact that the bass extension was excellent considering that unlike it's bigger brothers (Triton 2/3) there are no built in subwoofers. After watching 007's last movie during the shootout at his old family home was an eye opener, powerful bass with excellent detail. I seriously am shocked on how good these speakers sounded

What I have come to appreciate from Golden Ear is how well they handle 2 channel music and the Triton 7s did not disappoint on Pink Floyd's Silent Lucidity. Vocals were clear and the music was very defined.

I am by no means an authority on speakers, but I can't believe anyone wouldn't be impressed at the sound quality at this price point. I am going to my regular dealer tomorrow and order a pair and a discount I hope :D, now what to do with the pair of Aon 2s LOL

These speakers are definitely worth a listen if you have a Golden Ear Dealer near you.

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Yeah they like good quality . How is their centre channel ? Not sure why they only.make a small one.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I bet that 7 would be a good center for a pair of 2s

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah they like good quality . How is their centre channel ? Not sure why they only.make a small one.
They make another CC now, the
SuperSat​
60C

Last edited by a moderator:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have the SuperSat 60c and it is a solid center for the Triton 2/3 or with my existing setup with a sub. It's not as a good as my CC-690, but does a good job in my bedroom and is a lot easier to place :D

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
My pendragon centre is close to yours in size.

L

LiveJazz

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the info!! I've been waiting for these to be available to sample for some time now (and have put off making a ourchase just because I wanted to hear these first). Maybe tonight I'll have time to stop by my dealer and check them out. :D

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I have the Triton 2's, but I tell ya, I had to have about 500 hours before I really heard a big difference. And most dealers have these speakers stuck to close to the walls or to close to another piece of equipment.

J

JonnyFive23517

Audioholic
I really liked the high end on the Triton 2's. They have that non-fatiguing aspect that I've really come like about many non-dome tweeters I've heard.

S

SearchofSub

Banned
I have Paradigm in the HT room, but I started to build out my bedroom into a mini theater:)

I started out with a pair of Golden Ear Aon 2 was very impressed
- Upgraded that to a pair of Aon 3 along with the Superstat 60c Center Channel
- Now use my Aon 2's as surround.

Just when I thought I was done, I made the mistake of stopping into a dealer when I was on a client appointment, and to my surprise there were mini Triton Speakers....well not so mini, but smaller than the 2 or 3 series.

Tested them out and I was totally shocked at how well they sounded at that price point. List Price: $1400.00/Pair

When I picked up the Aon 3s a short while ago I was thoroughly impressed by the level of detail on the high end as well as how well it handled bass. Granted it is a bedroom 18x16 w/cathedral ceiling.

The Triton 7s do everything that I liked about the Aon 3s only better. The same level of detail on the high end is definitely there, what surprised me was the fact that the bass extension was excellent considering that unlike it's bigger brothers (Triton 2/3) there are no built in subwoofers. After watching 007's last movie during the shootout at his old family home was an eye opener, powerful bass with excellent detail. I seriously am shocked on how good these speakers sounded

What I have come to appreciate from Golden Ear is how well they handle 2 channel music and the Triton 7s did not disappoint on Pink Floyd's Silent Lucidity. Vocals were clear and the music was very defined.

I am by no means an authority on speakers, but I can't believe anyone wouldn't be impressed at the sound quality at this price point. I am going to my regular dealer tomorrow and order a pair and a discount I hope :D, now what to do with the pair of Aon 2s LOL

These speakers are definitely worth a listen if you have a Golden Ear Dealer near you.

I heard these are a perfect match with a Hypex N400 amp.

D

DevL

Audiophyte
I find the Goldenear speakers a huge disappointment. They are a dead and lifeless sounding speaker with a ton of bass (Triton 2). I got really hyped on the reviews and was let down by my audition. In fact they sound very much like the $100 Pioneer towers at Best Buy with more bass (nothing offensive but nothing special) I can't fathom why someone who owns a Paradigm speaker would consider Goldenear. Paradigm Studio 60 or Studio 100 both sound far better, and far more crisp and detailed, although they need a sub where Triton does not.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I find the Goldenear speakers a huge disappointment. They are a dead and lifeless sounding speaker with a ton of bass (Triton 2). I got really hyped on the reviews and was let down by my audition. In fact they sound very much like the $100 Pioneer towers at Best Buy with more bass (nothing offensive but nothing special) I can't fathom why someone who owns a Paradigm speaker would consider Goldenear. Paradigm Studio 60 or Studio 100 both sound far better, and far more crisp and detailed, although they need a sub where Triton does not.
How were the Triton 2s set up? Where was the knob set on the rear of the speakers?

When I auditioned, I found the Paradigms to be a bit harsh while the Tritons were smooth and had an incredible soundstage.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis