T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I thought it was an advert for the new "Ghostbusters." "If your Yamaha's strange, and it don't sound good. Who you gonna' call???..."

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I am in contact with my Paradigm dealer. He may have some more drug in a new series of AVR the Anthem (I think MRX-740?) that will be announced 15 hours from now. For the moment I have the Blu ray player working so I can watch my movies while I work. And enjoy the new found bass!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“More drug.” That’s funny. Reminded me that Huey Lewis sued Ray Parker Jr. for ripping off “New Drug” for the “Ghostbusters” song. They settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. Congrats on the bass!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, yes, forgot, will also not send anything to the subwoofer that is not in the LFE channel, like say bass from two channel music.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I am still overwhelmed. Been tinkering a bit because the cable box from Spectrum depending on the source, either decodes Dolby or DTS and it is being encoded properly to all channels I think. The Bluray player I have finally set up so that it does play in 7.1 surround. That sounds awesome. But it is still so difficult to set this thing up properly, that I am very frustrated.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, cable channels are a mixed bag. If you leave it on Straight mode, some channels will only have audio coming from the fronts and sub if they are just broadcasting in two channel stereo and not DD 5.1. Having it set to Dolby Pro Logic IIx or DTS neo:6 will process sound into all of the speakers. Same goes for some streaming apps. Make sure the blu-ray player is set to bitstream. Then, check each disc for audio options. Some have dolby atmos and DTS HD Master Audio options. The dolby atmos tracks will playback as Dolby TrueHD. I find they sound better than the DTS tracks but some may prefer DTS.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, yes, forgot, will also not send anything to the subwoofer that is not in the LFE channel, like say bass from two channel music.
Just a reminder, 2ch doesn’t have an LFE(.1) channel. I’m sure you mean redirected bass from mains to sub. But it might be confusing for someone else wording it that way.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think the Yamaha has an LFE
The Yamaha has the ability to play the LFE channel thru the sub or the mains when it exists. It can also be set to re-route bass to the sub from the speakers, so that the sub handles the managed bass as well as LFE.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
The Yamaha has the ability to play the LFE channel thru the sub or the mains when it exists. It can also be set to re-route bass to the sub from the speakers, so that the sub handles the managed bass as well as LFE.
How do I get this right? I have the sub plugged into sub 1 and 2 on the back of the receiver. Other than this, I don't understand.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How do I get this right? I have the sub plugged into sub 1 and 2 on the back of the receiver. Other than this, I don't understand.
If you have a single sub using both the pre-outs on the avr, that's not necessary, one would do. You just need to understand the terminology and the manual for the avr's setup/settings to get things done the way you want....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I went from using Denon for most of my life to Yamaha. I didn't even have to read the Yamaha manual. It's not rocket science.

If you have questions about Yamaha, go to the Yamaha Owners Thread.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yikes, and he’s a Jedi. “About it, tell me. A bit of a hard ass, he is.”:D

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I have had it. I am going to replace the RXV663 ASAP even though it works and replace with a Anthem MRX-740. I read the manual for the MRX-740 and learned that it is controlled by a web interface and from reports much easier to use. If someone wants this RXV663 crap let me know. I will trash when it gets replaced.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have had it. I am going to replace the RXV663 ASAP even though it works and replace with a Anthem MRX-740. I read the manual for the MRX-740 and learned that it is controlled by a web interface and from reports much easier to use. If someone wants this RXV663 crap let me know. I will trash when it gets replaced.
PLEEEEEEEASE!!!! Post a video!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis