Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Basically three weeks in and these are horror stories already happening due to the ban.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Basically three weeks in and these are horror stories already happening due to the ban.

In Texas-
Of 28 women less than 23 weeks pregnant.....
60% were diagnosed with severe health complications, but their doctors couldn't do anything about it due to fetal heartbeat. Delays of nine days till there was no longer a heartbeat. Double the complications of other states who had immediate therapeutic abortions.

In TX again-
Woman bent over in pain and passed a blood clot. Hospital turned her down and said only return if filling a diaper full of blood more than once an hour. Embryo did not have cardiac activity. She went home and bled in her bath tub.

WI-
Woman bled for 10 days because hospital couldn't remove fetal tissue.

Examples of ectopic pregnancies, which I don't really understand. I think it's embryo developing outside the uterus.

30% of pregnancies end up in miscarriage.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Surveys have shown that the Republican elected representatives in Congress as well as on state level is out-of-touch with the electorate with respect to abortion rights, and the deep red Kansas confirmed it.

>>>
Supporters of abortion rights won a huge and surprising victory on Tuesday in one of the most conservative states in the country, with Kansas voters resoundingly rejecting a constitutional amendment that would have let state legislators ban or significantly restrict abortion.

Results were still coming in as the night wore on, but with more than 90 percent of ballots counted, the pro-abortion-rights side was ahead by about 18 percentage points, a staggering margin in a state that voted for President Donald J. Trump in 2020 by a margin of just under 15 percentage points.
<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
https://www.npr.org/sections/2022-live-primary-election-race-results/2022/08/03/1115363135/abortion-rights-shockwave-rocks-the-midterms-and-3-other-takeaways-from-primarie

Kansas has an amendment to it's constitution that prevents restrictions to abortions in the state. A ballot initiative proposed to eliminate that amendment. If passed, the initiative would have allowed the GOP-controlled state legislature to significantly restrict abortions.

That ballot initiative failed decisively. With 96.7% of votes counted:

58.8% rejected the ballot initiative​
41.2% approved​

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The vote in Kansas is hard to ignore. Even the GOP knows how to count. All their efforts to shove their agenda down the nation's throats has been done despite popular opinion against them.

In the last 8 presidential elections since 1992 (30 years), Democrats won 5 and GOP won 3. In two of those GOP wins, Bush in 2000 and Trump in 2016, the winner won the Electoral College vote while losing the popular vote. Only once in the last 30 years has the GOP won the popular vote, in 2004. See the table below. Yellow highlighting indicates the winner for each election.
1659542969553.png

In the 2020 election, voting in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin reversed narrow GOP wins 4 years earlier in 2016. Even in Georgia and Arizona, once dependable GOP strongholds, voters went Democratic. Since then, the GOP has claimed – with no evidence whatsoever – that massive voter fraud caused their loss. As a result, GOP state legislators have gone on to pass significant numbers of bills, aimed at restricting voter turnout, or allowing partisan party control of election counts and results.

Republicans are well aware of this 30-year record of losing nationwide popular votes. This is why they’ve opposed any reform or elimination of the Electoral College. And it’s why they’re so determined to restrict the turnout of voters in future elections. They have admitted they can’t win power in the national government with fair elections.

Only by the packing the US Supreme Court with a 6-3 majority of right-wing extremist judges, did the GOP succeed in overturning the 50-year-old Roe vs. Wade decision. It is notable that all 6 of those supreme court justices are also right-wing Roman Catholics. They made it clear that their personal beliefs and opinions, directly reflecting those of the Roman Catholic Church, should be the law of the land in the USA. Despite the 1st Amendment protection freedom of religion.

And now we see the startling results in Kansas.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
https://www.npr.org/sections/2022-live-primary-election-race-results/2022/08/03/1115363135/abortion-rights-shockwave-rocks-the-midterms-and-3-other-takeaways-from-primarie

Kansas has an amendment to it's constitution that prevents restrictions to abortions in the state. A ballot initiative proposed to eliminate that amendment. If passed, the initiative would have allowed the GOP-controlled state legislature to significantly restrict abortions.

That ballot initiative failed decisively. With 96.7% of votes counted:

58.8% rejected the ballot initiative​
41.2% approved​
Of course it failed. Election fraud. All those dead people voted, again. ;) :D:D:D

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Of course it failed. Election fraud. All those dead people voted, again. ;) :D:D:D
You mean all the dead babies ripped out from the womb at the tender age of one week from inception, or all the sperm splattered around? :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You mean all the dead babies ripped out from the womb at the tender age of one week from inception?
No, they are not eligible to vote, underage, not on the rolls.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
No, they are not eligible to vote, underage, not on the rolls.
Really? Can't the "father" vote for them? Think about the children, and all that sperm! Shouldn't they have a vote voice too for a Godly cause? :D

Edit: In Sweden some has proposed that families with more children should have their votes "counted more", that is, parents, that is the male of course, should cast the votes. As you can guess I don't agree with that harebrained idea, nor did almost anyone else. As I recall.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Really? Can't the "father" vote for them? Think about the children, and all that sperm! Shouldn't they have a vote voice too for a Godly cause? :D
He could, but first you'd have to get them registered to vote and get an absentee ballot or father's house would not get a ballot and certainly they couldn't vote in person.
Father just cannot copy his ballot and send it in. Same id code would trigger an alarm.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
He could, but first you'd have to get them registered to vote and get an absentee ballot or father's house would not get a ballot and certainly they couldn't vote in person.
Father just cannot copy his ballot and send it in. Same id code would trigger an alarm.
Petty details should not get in the way of a good cause, I'd say!:D

Remember that Monty Python had it right: Every sperm is sacred!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Kansas is a red state. I don't think it's just democrats that voted against the GOP. A lot of conservatives don't agree with this either. I can't stand this outcome. If your CONSERVATIVE and don't want government infringement on your rights based on moral or religious beliefs how can you get behind this?

It will be interesting to see what impact this has on midterms. I think it will have a much bigger impact then was thought. The GOP had a slam dunk due to crime and inflation. Lead it to them to find a way to f it up :rolleyes: :mad: Lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Kansas is a red state. I don't think it's just democrats that voted against the GOP. A lot of conservatives don't agree with this either. I can't stand this outcome. If your CONSERVATIVE and don't want government infringement on your rights based on moral or religious beliefs how can you get behind this?

It will be interesting to see what impact this has on midterms. I think it will have a much bigger impact then was thought. The GOP had a slam dunk due to crime and inflation. Lead it to them to find a way to f it up :rolleyes: :mad: Lol
It's mostly "your" party goals, innit? Hopefully will be a wake up call to the general bullshit of the "conservatives" LOL especially the law n order crap

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's mostly "your" party goals, innit? Hopefully will be a wake up call to the general bullshit of the "conservatives" LOL especially the law n order crap
Even democrats admit that abortion gave them a lifeline it's not a guarantee. And I don't agree with "MY" parties goals at times any more then I'm sure you agree with "Your" party goals all the time either. At least I can admit when my parties being stupid. It's disgusting watching dems simp for there party like you can do no wrong

As far as law and order democrats simply just can't enforce it. And it's one of the reasons you guys are facing a lot of adversity in the fall. Your social justice experiments are just a total failure. You can deny it all you want Lovin but everywhere you look any city that's gone soft on crime is drowning in it right now. And it's going to kill you at the booth.

You guys hate those religious conservative right wing twat judges on the Supreme Court. You guys should be thanking the God they pray to that they are on that court right now. They're moronic ruling on abortion gave you're party a much much needed life preserver

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Kansas is a red state. I don't think it's just democrats that voted against the GOP.
True, Kansas has a long history of being very conservative and very Republican. But Kansas isn't the same kind of red state as the deep south or Texas. For example, the governor of Kansas is Democratic.

The recent election result in Kansas is interesting because of the very high turnout for an off-year primary election in August – nearly double the turnout of 4 years ago, 2018. This year was a primary election in which Democrats had little reason to go vote, other than the question of the abortion rights amendment in the Kansas constitution. And yes, it's clear that many GOP also voted with them. The big turnout, the largely GOP makeup of Kansas voters, and the decisive results all made it such big news.
A lot of conservatives don't agree with this either. I can't stand this outcome. If your CONSERVATIVE and don't want government infringement on your rights based on moral or religious beliefs how can you get behind this?
That is the fundamental flaw of GOP/conservative thinking over the last 40 or 50 years. How can someone support the extreme interpretation of gun ownership – while, at the same time, also support extreme government interference of people's private decisions on sex, family, and health care? It's a major disconnect. You might be the first GOP/conservative I've seen who actually recognized and spoke about this disconnect.
It will be interesting to see what impact this has on midterms. I think it will have a much bigger impact then was thought.
Yes, it will interesting to see if the Kansas vote is an example of wide-spread opinion. Or is it limited to only a few other regions of the country.

N

Ngpaw

Audioholic Intern
Politicians should need a license and particular degree, just like any other job that requires you to be licensed. Meaning. You bring something real to the table , and also truly held accountable, and the possibility of being fired . People in positions in government forever that stink at there jobs .

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Politicians should need a license and particular degree, just like any other job that requires you to be licensed. Meaning. You bring something real to the table , and also truly held accountable, and the possibility of being fired . People in positions in government forever that stink at there jobs .
A license and degree requirement would block over half the population to hold an elected office, and that is a great improvement of what it used to be with a very small part of the population having at least a college degree.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
A license or a degree to certify politicians for running in an election? Who would run the licensing agency, elected politicians?

I remember the joke that anyone who actually wanted to run for political office should be disqualified from running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis