Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I should have typed "...worked as a totally successful method".

Abstinence works- if someone becomes pregnant, it means they didn't effing abstain.
You mean no immaculate conception?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Demonstrate to me the efficacy of preaching it at all.

You can keep repeating that abstaining is effective all you want. I don't even disagree with you on that point. It's attempting to preach it in practice that's an abject failure. It doesn't work. Period. People are not going to abstain. This has been demonstrated over thousands of years. It is absurd to keep making the point you're making because it's irrelevant if people aren't going to do it.
It's like stop eating. Sex is good. Right.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hey, back to the good old Bible. It also allows for the father of a rape victim to force the rapist to marry his daughter. You know why? Because since she's no longer a virgin she's damaged goods and has no value anymore. Forcing the rapist to marry her unburdens the father and relieves him from having the financial drain of supporting his damaged property.

Good stuff, huh? This is the book they base their beliefs on.
And, don't forget what else is in that book if I remember. They are not human beings until mother hears them breathing, like being born, not inception.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Also, you continuing to repeat this just really drives home the point I'm making. A lot of this is about the theocracy who want to go sticking their noses into what happens in our bedrooms by punishing and shaming people for following their natural urges in an effort to control everyone's private sex life. There is nothing in the Bible that even hints at abortion being wrong or a sin. Denying access to preventive care and affordable birth control for women is already happening and now this. It's disgusting.
No, because life starts when mothers hear baby breathing, not the previous x months. That is in the bible if I remember correctly from sources.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

must be something in the corn they are growing ........ ;)
Perhaps they are eating the ethanol corn by mistake.

Break out the burkas, ladies. I need to buy stocks in those companies. :D

highfigh

highfigh

Also, you continuing to repeat this just really drives home the point I'm making. A lot of this is about the theocracy who want to go sticking their noses into what happens in our bedrooms by punishing and shaming people for following their natural urges in an effort to control everyone's private sex life. There is nothing in the Bible that even hints at abortion being wrong or a sin. Denying access to preventive care and affordable birth control for women is already happening and now this. It's disgusting.
And I think the translated Bible contains 'Thou Shalt Not Murder', not 'kill'.

But hey, never let it be said that people will change the words if they want to promote an agenda, right?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

And I think the translated Bible contains 'Thou Shalt Not Murder', not 'kill'.

But hey, never let it be said that people will change the words if they want to promote an agenda, right?
Yes, it does. But I don't think embryos and undelivered babies were not considered as people, then it cannot be murder, no? Bible didn't talk about them as people or living life until right after birth.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, it does. But I don't think embryos and undelivered babies were not considered as people, then it cannot be murder, no? Bible didn't talk about them as people or living life until right after birth.
That is correct, and in fact newborns were not counted in censuses either, I think due to higher mortality rates? Not sure, but they weren't counted as people until they reached a certain age.

There are also times when it was considered appropriate, in the Bible, and even ordered by the big man himself to abort a fetus.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
What a total a$$ hole.
Imagine a woman completely traumatized, devastated by a rapist and then having to bring the baby to term because "a small government Republican" is forcing you too and then that rapist has actual rights to that child keeping that rapist in the poor woman's life forever. Isn't that just great.
Now boohoo Democrats want transgender people to use the bathroom they feel comfortable with and I'm not saying that right or wrong. I'm not sure quite how I feel about that subject but it ain't as insane as the above scenario

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Imagine a woman completely traumatized, devastated by a rapist and then having to bring the baby to term because "a small government Republican" is forcing you too and then that rapist has actual rights to that child keeping that rapist in the poor woman's life forever. Isn't that just great.
Now boohoo Democrats want transgender people to use the bathroom they feel comfortable with and I'm not saying that right or wrong. I'm not sure quite how I feel about that subject but it ain't as insane as the above scenario
Exactly. I have a daughter, sisters, wife and many women in my life. Some are victims, but luckily none have had to carry a child, but even still the aftermath is bad enough. I can’t even imagine having a daily reminder of one of the worst experiences and biggest pieces of shitt in your life. I think they should slowly and painfully removed the dikks of offenders like that. But wait! They deserve a second chance, they can get better…

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Exactly. I have a daughter, sisters, wife and many women in my life. Some are victims, but luckily none have had to carry a child, but even still the aftermath is bad enough. I can’t even imagine having a daily reminder of one of the worst experiences and biggest pieces of shitt in your life. I think they should slowly and painfully removed the dikks of offenders like that. But wait! They deserve a second chance, they can get better…
Isn't removing it a second chance? And, they would get better. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Actually both are just as insane since in one high school that allowed Trans to use the restrooms of there choice a biological male assaulted a female was charged moved to another school and then assualted another female at the new school as well. What really pissed the parents off is the school board tried to cover it up.

So yeah both issues are crazy.

I see it as a complete 180 what I mean by that is it used to be Quanon theories and right-wing religion and abstinence that was the issues being pushed in schools. Once that got removed now it's the exact polar opposite. Its like people went waaayyyyy the other direction. And both extremes create the exact same problem hyper sexuality with an age group already by nature at that age wanting to experiment with there sexuality.

I do think it will calm back down. I think that's a pattern of human behavior. Push people one direction like far right they will go way the other way but when they see that also has its issues they will eventually adapt and kindoff land in the middle. A healthy balance. Extreme behaviour is never healthy so people will eventually want balance not too far on one side but also not to far on the other basically picking the best parts out of both sides.

But if that Nebraska ahole tries to pass that. Dude the backlash on Republicans by women voters will be epic.

If they pass these laws if Roe vs Wade gets overturned I really don't see them sticking. Women voters are very powerful women these days are educated and very active politically. They are very career minded and can speak powerfully not just with their vote but also with there wallet. They add to that there husbands brothers and friends and other empathetic men that think this is stupid.

It would be a slaughter for Republicans at the voting booth. I have no doubt they'll be changing there tune real quick if they try to do this if the Supreme Court actually reverses Roe vs Wade.

highfigh

highfigh

How could you know how they considered embryos and how they viewed abortion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis