Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll just follow up with you on the PM tho
Just so you know, I do get your point. Both sides have some pretty goofy ideas and both have their fringe extremists. It's not just one side being unreasonable, I agree.

However this topic of violating someone's bodily autonomy- taking away someone's sovereignty over their own person falls firmly on the right and is fueled by religious ideology. Women are being denied a choice while simultaneously being denied medical coverage for preventive care and affordable birth control. That's just wrong in my opinion.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Just so you know, I do get your point. Both sides have some pretty goofy ideas and both have their fringe extremists. It's not just one side being unreasonable, I agree.

However this topic of violating someone's bodily autonomy- taking away someone's sovereignty over their own person falls firmly on the right and is fueled by religious ideology. Women are being denied a choice while simultaneously being denied medical coverage for preventive care and affordable birth control. That's just wrong in my opinion.
100% in agreement with you on this issue of woman's rights it's hypocritical and its not done based on some issue that's come up over the years it's being based off of right winged religious value systems. I can't get behind the conservative party on that.

This is the land of the free. You should be able within reason to do whatever the fu#$% you want.

I'd prefer government just stay out of this stuff period but since that's not going to happen this is one area where I think big gov should set the precedent. That has been working just fine for over 50 years nobody has been crying about Roe vs Wade. Until now

My own dumbass party had to stir the pot. Or maybe not there's months before a decision was supposed to be handed down. They were still in deliberations

Thanks to some dumbass leaking this tho and illegal protesting done at Supreme Courts private homes we may just get a 100% guarantee it's going to happen.

Because now they are in a no win position. If they pass it did they do it not to be intimidated
If they don't pass it is it because they were intimidated. We will never know. The process was tainted and unfortunately we may never see there true colors either way.

which is exactly why that law is in place of not intimidating really any court on any level.

still why stir the pot at all? F#$%ing RHINOS man

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That was actually very common in America too. Guess who this is?

View attachment 56060

That's future POTUS Franklin Delano Roosevelt as a toddler! It was very common practice to dress boys and girls the same, and even grow long hair until they reached a certain age. I forget the age and reason, but it was indeed a very common practice!
I knew there was a problem with him. :D

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
100% in agreement with you on this issue of woman's rights it's hypocritical and its not done based on some issue that's come up over the years it's being based off of right winged religious value systems. I can't get behind the conservative party on that.

This is the land of the free. You should be able within reason to do whatever the fu#$% you want.

I'd prefer government just stay out of this stuff period but since that's not going to happen this is one area where I think big gov should set the precedent. That has been working just fine for over 50 years nobody has been crying about Roe vs Wade. Until now

My own dumbass party had to stir the pot. Or maybe not there's months before a decision was supposed to be handed down. They were still in deliberations

Thanks to some dumbass leaking this tho and illegal protesting done at Supreme Courts private homes we may just get a 100% guarantee it's going to happen.

Because now they are in a no win position. If they pass it did they do it not to be intimidated
If they don't pass it is it because they were intimidated. We will never know. The process was tainted and unfortunately we may never see there true colors either way.

which is exactly why that law is in place of not intimidating really any court on any level.

still why stir the pot at all? F#$%ing RHINOS man
Now Dan, tell us how you really feel ......... ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Then why even suggest or attempt to defend it..?
I should have typed "...worked as a totally successful method".

Abstinence works- if someone becomes pregnant, it means they didn't effing abstain.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Abstinence works- if someone becomes pregnant, it means they didn't effing abstain.
Preaching it does not. This horse is d-e-a-d. Period. So why are they still doing it while also denying medical coverage for preventive care and affordable birth control?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
denying medical coverage for preventive care and affordable birth control
Which, btw this is what I'm referring to when I say they're going after contraception too.
Abstinence works, it's trying to get kids to abstain that fails.
I've asked you twice now to clarify what you mean by me "spouting crazy bs"...

highfigh

highfigh

Preaching it does not. This horse is d-e-a-d. Period. So why are they still doing it while also denying medical coverage for preventive care and affordable birth control?
You need to remember that this is about a leaked draft- it hasn't happened and at this point, I'm not sure it will.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You need to remember that this is about a leaked draft- it hasn't happened and at this point, I'm not sure it will.
Has nothing to do with the failure of preaching abstinence. In fact if the studies are to be believed preaching abstinence appears to lead to more teen pregnancies. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that those same teens were also never taught about safe sex and contraception...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, and the denial of medical coverage for preventive care and affordable birth control has already happened...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
it's the other crazy stuff you spout
If I'm spouting crazy stuff I want to know so I can stop doing it. You show me what you're talking about and I might even agree with you and adjust my behavior..

As it is, I think you're just spouting dishonest ad hominem assertions and so far aren't backing it up.

highfigh

highfigh

Has nothing to do with the failure of preaching abstinence. In fact if the studies are to be believed preaching abstinence leads to more teen pregnancies. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that those same teens were never taught about safe sex and contraception...
Again, if they don't abstain, the teaching of it didn't work.

Too many people are squeamish when it comes to talking about sex with their kids. They're embarrassed, so they leave it to the school systems. I don't think it's just religious people, either. Some barely have 'the talk', some don't bother and I imagine some go full "If you get someone pregnant/become pregnant, you'll no longer live in MY house". Look at how European and US television show/don't show peoples' bodies- here, the Decency Police don't allow it, in Europe, girls they do. They have a much more relaxed attitude and better teaching about sex and sexuality but the birth rate among younger girls has been dropping since the peak in 1957 (in the link).

I have to wonder how many parents don't know what their kids' school teaches about sex and if they don't, what would they do if they found out?

I saw something about a GOP member of Congress saying that rape victims should carry to full term. That idiot needs to get to know some rape victims, to get a damn clue about the trauma.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that those same teens were also never taught about safe sex and contraception...
ahhhh, the word 'taught', so much of good parenting has gone out the window !

say what you want, this is a problem ......

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Demonstrate to me the efficacy of preaching it at all.

You can keep repeating that abstaining is effective all you want. I don't even disagree with you on that point. It's attempting to preach it in practice that's an abject failure. It doesn't work. Period. People are not going to abstain. This has been demonstrated over thousands of years. It is absurd to keep making the point you're making because it's irrelevant if people aren't going to do it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And this is the kind of absurdity that we are going to see in these states.

I love when "men" talk with such certainty on this subject.
Hey, back to the good old Bible. It also allows for the father of a rape victim to force the rapist to marry his daughter. You know why? Because since she's no longer a virgin she's damaged goods and has no value anymore. Forcing the rapist to marry her unburdens the father and relieves him from having the financial drain of supporting his damaged property.

Good stuff, huh? This is the book they base their beliefs on.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also, you continuing to repeat this just really drives home the point I'm making. A lot of this is about the theocracy who want to go sticking their noses into what happens in our bedrooms by punishing and shaming people for following their natural urges in an effort to control everyone's private sex life. There is nothing in the Bible that even hints at abortion being wrong or a sin. Denying access to preventive care and affordable birth control for women is already happening and now this. It's disgusting.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis