Go republicans! Let's restrict womens bodies again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Speaking as an MD: Partial birth abortion is NOT a medical term. It was invented by politicians to make it sound especially gruesome to serve their needs. The proper medical terminology is late term abortion which in this country is always due to a non viable fetus or an imminent threat to the life of the mother which an abortion would fix such as placental abruption. They are extremely rare. Unless you are running for office stop using “partial birth abortion”.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It sure is. Unfortunately there is a certain group that wants to take that right away from the parents…

*Edit: I should have said that a certain group wants to take that decision out of the parent's hands.
Don't point fingers at "a certain group" for wanting to teach their kids about some things and not have the public schools fill their heads with crap without defining that group- I know people on both side of the political aisle and none of them want their kids to be taught about reproductive health/reproduction by the school system, although none of them have kids in the Milwaukee Public School system.

highfigh

highfigh

Speaking as an MD: Partial birth abortion is NOT a medical term. It was invented by politicians to make it sound especially gruesome to serve their needs. The proper medical terminology is late term abortion which in this country is always due to a non viable fetus or an imminent threat to the life of the mother which an abortion would fix such as placental abruption. They are extremely rare. Unless you are running for office stop using “partial birth abortion”.
Duly noted.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Don't point fingers at "a certain group" for wanting to teach their kids about some things and not have the public schools fill their heads with crap without defining that group- I know people on both side of the political aisle and none of them want their kids to be taught about reproductive health/reproduction by the school system, although none of them have kids in the Milwaukee Public School system.
Well which group tends to push abstinence and considers safe sex and contraception the devil..? Lol

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I am always reminded of the old George Carlin joke: How come most people who are against abortion are people you would never want to f*** in the first place!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I am always reminded of the old George Carlin joke: How come most people who are against abortion are people you would never want to f*** in the first place!
George Carlin man was just the best!

highfigh

highfigh

Well which group tends to push abstinence and considers safe sex and contraception the devil..? Lol
Why do you need to make this about politics? Do you think all Liberals are OK with their kids being taught about sex by the schools?

I can honestly say that I don't know a single person who says the BS you claim, Liberal or Conservative.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can honestly say that I don't know a single person who says the BS you claim, Liberal or Conservative.
Saying about what? Abstinence? You don't think there's a faction of the religious right trying to teach abstinence instead of contraception and safe sex? The Hobby Lobby Supreme Court case I linked is an example of what I'm talking about. They fought to be able to deny covering any medical related to preventive care or abortions based on their personal religious beliefs. That was a huge one. That's what I'm talking about.

Are you seriously saying that there isn't a push from theocracy toward abstinence instead of teaching safe sex?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Saying about what? Abstinence? You don't think there's a faction of the religious right trying to teach abstinence instead of contraception and safe sex? The Hobby Lobby Supreme Court case I linked is an example of what I'm talking about. They fought to be able to deny covering any medical related to preventive care or abortions based on their personal religious beliefs. That was a huge one. That's what I'm talking about.

Are you seriously saying that there isn't a push from theocracy toward abstinence instead of teaching safe sex?
I've literally lived in and gone to school in places that 100% teach abstinence only sex ed. People can believe anything they want, but beliefs don't change facts.

highfigh

highfigh

I know about people recommending abstinence, it's the other crazy stuff you spout and Hobby Lobby is only one privately-owned company, so they can do what they want, more or less. If the employees don't like it, they're free to stay and complain, or leave. I'm not advocating for their position or saying it's right, but they do have some freedoms publicly-held and government entities don't.

Well, you have to admit- if someone abstains, it's harder for them to become pregnant. I guess if they don't want the kids frumping up a pile of critters, they can think and teach what they want but as soon as someone is told "Stop that!", it's the first thing they'll want to do. For some, it sticks, for others, they'll do whatever they want.

I don't go to church- maybe a Catholic can let us know how they reconcile the Pope condoning the use of condoms. OTOH, I haven't been to an Evangelical service, nor am I likely to.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
it's the other crazy stuff you spout
What other crazy stuff do you mean?

And I think it's safe to say that after a couple of millenia of trying, teaching abstinence only demonstrably does not work and their reasons for denying health care to women are just crap.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

The catholic religion has been trying to teach abstinence, but some of the priests have sexually abused children.

Religion has no business in sex activities of people, and that's one of the many reasons for which the Roman Catholic church has closed so many churches around the world in the last 50 years. People stopped attending the Sunday mass and practicing it. In Montreal, at least one church was sold and transformed into a condominium building.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Re: Religion, the practice of Religion started innocently enough: Answering questions that couldn't be answered. One could more appropriately say, this is where Mythology was created; from Mythology was born Belief/Faith and thus Religion. It was certainly only a short step from there to the first human using such as a means of control and power over others.

I have never seen an expression of religion that was not an expression of control over the masses. (Control at it's most gentle expression and abject subjugation at it's most extreme.)

Politics and Religion have therefore been inextricably linked for as long as humans have engaged in any form of society.

The uniqueness of a group of people identifying as Christians forming a group politic which sought to keep Religion in all its possible forms from being the driving force of governance was truly an enlightened step forward. (Yes, of course there were still flaws in the implementation to be fixed as we journeyed along this path... but the the goal was plain.)

I don't know when America lost its way, exactly, but we have. Our Melting Pot is seemingly now meant to only be one of White European Christian Hegemony with a distinctly male bent [dominance].
That it is not a majority of people who follow this path, yet seem to call the shots, only makes this worse.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
The thing that gets me is that the same hypocrites that want to force every teenager and poor single woman to have the children then bitch moan and complain and get their panties in a bunch when the woman gets on food stamps or any other type of public assistance program that she needs to help feed the child. I’m live in the Deep South and I hear a lot of these “Christians” opinions and it’s pretty sad.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In all fairness which group is pushing some concepts in education that really have no place for kids before college? Both sides do it they just have different agendas

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Re: Religion, the practice of Religion started innocently enough: Answering questions that couldn't be answered. One could more appropriately say, this is where Mythology was created; from Mythology was born Belief/Faith and thus Religion. It was certainly only a short step from there to the first human using such as a means of control and power over others.

I have never seen an expression of religion that was not an expression of control over the masses. (Control at it's most gentle expression and abject subjugation at it's most extreme.)

Politics and Religion have therefore been inextricably linked for as long as humans have engaged in any form of society.

The uniqueness of a group of people identifying as Christians forming a group politic which sought to keep Religion in all its possible forms from being the driving force of governance was truly an enlightened step forward. (Yes, of course there were still flaws in the implementation to be fixed as we journeyed along this path... but the the goal was plain.)

I don't know when America lost its way, exactly, but we have. Our Melting Pot is seemingly now meant to only be one of White European Christian Hegemony with a distinctly male bent [dominance].
That it is not a majority of people who follow this path, yet seem to call the shots, only makes this worse.
I think we lost our way in all fairness when the 1% got us to pick red or blue and convinced us that our collective problems were ALL based on White European Christian Hegemony rather then elitism and class issues. I think it's pretty interesting how the last 3 years the entire world of all races and America's middle class of all peoples collective wealth continues to get smaller and smaller while the 1% gets richer and richer

There was a time in this country when you could live on one income and put your kids through college. Now 2 people working there butts off can barely pay the rent.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

In all fairness which group is pushing some concepts in education that really have no place for kids before college? Both sides do it they just have different agendas
For instance. More than one.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The catholic religion has been trying to teach abstinence, but some of the priests have sexually abused children.

Religion has no business in sex activities of people, and that's one of the many reasons for which the Roman Catholic church has closed so many churches around the world in the last 50 years. People stopped attending the Sunday mass and practicing it. In Montreal, at least one church was sold and transformed into a condominium building.
Exactly. They are forcing their beliefs on others. And it is not just a suggestion, but force.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For instance. More than one.
CRT gender Trans issues you have documented instances on camera of kids even in kindergarten grade school getting asked about there sexuality gender identity race. I could go on and on. I'll post 2 right now do you really want me to post them all? There was the incident in Loudon County where a parent got arrested at the school board but created a disruption because it was his daughter who got assaulted by a kid because they made the restrooms Trans accessible. Basically no matter your natural biology you could use whichever restroom you identified your gender with. I mean what could go wrong there? Here's 2 more

It's everywhere what's even worse is a lot of them are outing themselves on tik tok. Twitter places like that. You don't even have to bust these teachers they will openly post about it even supplying there own videos.

They do it with sex race politics and its too widespread to viral and too many videos to say it's not happening

In fairness I don't think a lot of liberals are okay with this either. Just like a lot of conservatives aren't crazy about Roe vs Wade.

My point is its happening on both sides. We can't ding one sides more extremist political fringe and not recognize the problems with the other sides extremist political element.

Feel sorry for the kids. Growing up I got taught how to critically think. Treat all races as equal thanks to Dr King Malcolm X and the civil rights movement learned the basics to succeed in math reading writing etc. But most importantly I was allowed to be a kid and have time to figure some things out for myself as I grew up. Politics and agendas were just kept out of the classroom.

I wouldn't have wanted to know about my teachers gender or sexuality. Would have freaked me out. Just teach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis