Getting That Itch Again...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just a thought. As someone that has 2 of the hsus like pogre....what would 4 vtf3mk5 hps be like???
I'm considering this too. But then I change my mind every other day.

Yesterday I was looking at the BMR kits... *ahem* @ryanosaur. I could cancel my Horizon center channel and completely switch gears here. I've been questioning just how important a big beefy center really is to me. I never watch movies at reference levels and the Sierra 2 I've been using works just fine.

They won't have any Horizon cabs for another 2 months now anyway. I called and talked to Dina the other day.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm considering this too. But then I change my mind every other day.

Yesterday I was looking at the BMR kits... *ahem* @ryanosaur. I could cancel my Horizon center channel and completely switch gears here. I've been questioning just how important a big beefy center really is to me. I never watch movies at reference levels and the Sierra 2 I've been using works just fine.

They won't have any Horizon cabs for another 2 months now anyway. I called and talked to Dina the other day.
Oh, chile', you cra! :p

But D@MN! 2 more months?!!! (At least.) That's shocking, and really calls into question the Bamboo strategy of Ascend for their cabinets. It's not the first time I've heard of them waiting on Bamboo, and is part of the reason I didn't press to get down there in 2018 when I was shopping for my gear. I would have had to wait... about as long as I did for the Phil 3s. Ha! (And I think that was for the Center, too!)

So seriously, watcha thinkin? Just get a single BMR for your center and put the Sierra 2s into Surround duty? 3 across the front and sell your Ascends?
What's the scoop??!!!?!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, chile', you cra! :p

But D@MN! 2 more months?!!! (At least.) That's shocking, and really calls into question the Bamboo strategy of Ascend for their cabinets. It's not the first time I've heard of them waiting on Bamboo, and is part of the reason I didn't press to get down there in 2018 when I was shopping for my gear. I would have had to wait... about as long as I did for the Phil 3s. Ha! (And I think that was for the Center, too!)

So seriously, watcha thinkin? Just get a single BMR for your center and put the Sierra 2s into Surround duty? 3 across the front and sell your Ascends?
What's the scoop??!!!?!
WELL...

I'm thinking about getting a pair and comparing with my Sierras. I don't think I'd have too much trouble selling them (the Sierras) locally here should I decide I prefer Dennis'/Jim's work. The few times I've seen Sierra 2s and 2 EX's on CL they're gone in the same day. I suspect my towers would go pretty quick too, and not at a great loss. I keep seeing sneaky sorta veiled comments about Dave's work from the Salk guys, but no real details... I'm curious. My main reason for going with Ascend was the 70/20 RAAL he uses in the towers, and of course the price. If I were to go with Salk for something similar I'd have to spend $1000 (or more) more for the same power handling, yes? It looks like the Veracity comes with the bigger RAALs.

You know me, I like it loud sometimes and I'm not sure if the smaller RAAL would be up to the task for my tastes at higher volumes...

Right now I have a few bucks I can spend but I'm taking my time and exploring options. Room treatments are tempting too, but I'm gonna need professional help to figure out what direction I'd need to go there. And of course, I can always buy a couple more subs too. I think I could realize some improvements there as well.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
WELL...

I'm thinking about getting a pair and comparing with my Sierras. I don't think I'd have too much trouble selling them (the Sierras) locally here should I decide I prefer Dennis'/Jim's work. The few times I've seen Sierra 2s and 2 EX's on CL they're gone in the same day. I suspect my towers would go pretty quick too, and not at a great loss. I keep seeing sneaky sorta veiled comments about Dave's work from the Salk guys, but no real details... I'm curious. My main reason for going with Ascend was the 70/20 RAAL he uses in the towers, and of course the price. If I were to go with Salk for something similar I'd have to spend $1000 (or more) more for the same power handling, yes? It looks like the Veracity comes with the bigger RAALs.

You know me, I like it loud sometimes and I'm not sure if the smaller RAAL would be up to the task for my tastes at higher volumes...

Right now I have a few bucks I can spend but I'm taking my time and exploring options. Room treatments are tempting too, but I'm gonna need professional help to figure out what direction I'd need to go there. And of course, I can always buy a couple more subs too. I think I could realize some improvements there as well.
I got some stuff going on... hit you up later, PM style. ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got some stuff going on... hit you up later, PM style. ;)
In the meantime, I did some homework and without having heard any of these I think I'd want one of these three if I were to replace my Sierra towers.

Songtower RT
Supercharged Songtower
Veracity ST

Leaning strongly toward the Supercharged Songtower. The Veracity ST pushes the limits of my budget. I'd be losing a little sensitivity tho, and for amplification I'm seeing 100 watts. If that's a hard limit it could be a problem with my seating distance and occasional desired volume levels.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
In the meantime, I did some homework and without having heard any of these I think I'd want one of these three if I were to replace my Sierra towers.

Songtower RT
Supercharged Songtower
Veracity ST

Leaning strongly toward the Supercharged Songtower. The Veracity ST pushes the limits of my budget. I'd be losing a little sensitivity tho, and for amplification I'm seeing 100 watts. If that's a hard limit it could be a problem with my seating distance and occasional desired volume levels.
Wow, not just great specs but are those wood finishes ever nice!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai

Songtower RT
Supercharged Songtower
Veracity ST

Do it... Do it....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw something that there's a new HT18 version (v.3) coming out from Stereo Integrity, should be a good value if priced similarly to the previous versions but didn't see a specific price.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So this looks like it might be fun.

$900. Maybe $750 or $800 with a little finagling. It's a $3200 sub new. That'd be one hell of a near-field sub! Think I could get away using one of my Monolith's spare channels to power it near-field? Like firing right into the back of my chair.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

$900. Maybe $750 or $800 with a little finagling. It's a $3200 sub new. That'd be one hell of a near-field sub! Think I could get away using one of my Monolith's spare channels to power it near-field? Like firing right into the back of my chair.
Bruh all I know is if you don't get that RBH I'm driving all the way down they're and buying it out from underneath your nose. It'll go perfect with the other 2 I already own and that's a stupidly insane value for that sub. They are the BEST SUBS I've ever had only thing better is JTR or above or extreme DIY where you can get that 10hz or lower brown note performance if you really want to chase that. I don't care about below 16 Hz and those RBH are really out of the world from 16 on up

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bruh all I know is if you don't get that RBH I'm driving all the way down they're and buying it out from underneath your nose. It'll go perfect with the other 2 I already own and that's a stupidly insane value for that sub. They are the BEST SUBS I've ever had only thing better is JTR or above or extreme DIY where you can get that 10hz or lower brown note performance if you really want to chase that. I don't care about below 16 Hz and those RBH are really out of the world from 16 on up
Soon as I saw Pogre's post, thought of you!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I gotta warn you once you start tasting RBH your not going back

It started with they're subs then I bought they're surrounds the SV-661W

And now I'm replacing my beloved front 3 JBL 590 with 3 of they're SV-831R

Those subs and surrounds were so good I decided to go all RBH for my end game home theater speakers

I would do very illegal things to find that sub for that price on a nearby Craigslist

Lol :D

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Soon as I saw Pogre's post, thought of you!
Works has finally slowed down so I'm getting back on the forums saw Pogres post I've always loved that dude figured I better jump on here and give him some friendly advice before I did something unfriendly and bought that sub out from under his nose!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Near field it's INSANE. And yes you could get away with running on the Monolith I bought the RBH amp for mine and it only puts out 500 watts and it smashes the room

You don't always need that power a lot of us won't handle it our ears would quit way before you max the headroom

I realized this after I ran them off a crown XTI 6000 which puts out like 2000 watts per channel and at my preferred loudness I saw on my computer they were hooked up too I was running them like 30 db below clipping on the clipping indicator

I was like I bet I'm not even pushing out 200 watts on these just wasting that amps potential

I mean your HSU only has a 600 watt RMS amp and look what it can do and I bet you money your not even pushing half of that

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Works has finally slowed down so I'm getting back on the forums saw Pogres post I've always loved that dude figured I better jump on here and give him some friendly advice before I did something unfriendly and bought that sub out from under his nose!
What??!!!
The ‘Zilla is back stompin in AH Land!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What??!!!
The ‘Zilla is back stompin in AH Land!
Yep work slowed down and I missed everybody so I did the only audioholic thing an audioholic could do.

I bought new speakers and got back on the forum! :D

But I had to respond to my boy Pogres thread to start it off before I snuck down they're and stole that sale out from underneath his nose.

Rule #58 of audioholics club. NEVER C@$CK BLOCK a potential sale of another member of Audioholics club!

;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

If it's 92dB sensitive...and you have 200wpc (or more, probably more a 4 ohm sub?)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Good lord 'Zilla, you have me almost running out the door!
Trust me bro run don't walk to that sale that is a STUPID INSANELY good value for that sub you won't regret it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis